What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cal tailgate - need some ideas.

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
I've confirmed that they will allow us into the football parking lots as early as 8:00 AM so that people can come and park for the football game and go to both the basketball and football games. So that's good. Here's the issue - Assuming the basketball game gets done at around Noon, that gives us 3 hours or so for tailgating. That's not bad, but jambalaya takes a full hour and a half to actually cook. That doesn't leave enough time, and frankly, I'd rather not be pressed to leave the basketball game to run over to the lot and fire up the jambalaya pot.

So, some ideas as to how to pull off a tailgate that will be enjoyed by all would be appreciated. Maybe have 3-4 people get some chicken wings or sandwiches? Burritos? I'm open to suggestions. Ever since I saw the two games on the same day, I've been trying figure out how to make this work.

brats-on-the-grill.jpg

I've confirmed that they will allow us into the football parking lots as early as 8:00 AM so that people can come and park for the football game and go to both the basketball and football games. So that's good. Here's the issue - Assuming the basketball game gets done at around Noon, that gives us 3 hours or so for tailgating. That's not bad, but jambalaya takes a full hour and a half to actually cook. That doesn't leave enough time, and frankly, I'd rather not be pressed to leave the basketball game to run over to the lot and fire up the jambalaya pot.

So, some ideas as to how to pull off a tailgate that will be enjoyed by all would be appreciated. Maybe have 3-4 people get some chicken wings or sandwiches? Burritos? I'm open to suggestions. Ever since I saw the two games on the same day, I've been trying figure out how to make this work.

Burritos could really work. What about throwing on some flanks for carne asada and then putting tortillas out?

Understand this: I'm not cooking flank steak for the burritos. If somebody else wants to do that, fine. I'm planning on pre-making up some seasoned ground beef and assigning folks to bring stuff like cheese, salsa, tortillas, etc.

sort of a fajita type theme ?

somebody bring shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, chopped veggies (onions, peppers)

yum

This will probably not play out well- especially since nobody has ofificially invited me to attend, but in the absence of a big fat, thick, meat filed burrito, I'd like a nice fat juicy sausage dripping hotness and creamy goodness in my mouth for the tailgate.

Thanks in advance,

flukes

This will probably not play out well- especially since nobody has ofificially invited me to attend, but in the absence of a big fat, thick, meat filed burrito, I'd like a nice fat juicy sausage dripping hotness and creamy goodness in my mouth for the tailgate.

Thanks in advance,

flukes
Sounds excited. => Invited.

I've never been filed by meat before. Does it hurt?

Anyone willing to change their handle to sausage buff? Flukes had burrito last time and now wants something different.

Thanks in advance,

flukes

FumbDuck says you can come....

...to sackygate that is. sorry for any confusion...

Last edited:
Back