What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CALLAHAN DECLARED ELIGIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
:drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2::drink2:
:dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:
:dance5::dance5::dance5::dance5::dance5::dance5::dance5::dance5::dance5::dance5:

GREAT NEWS, CONGRATS SHANE!
Between Ms. Rack telling me to get flights to Boston and this news, this has become a REALLY awesome day! :woot::woot::woot::woot:

Oh, and thanks NCAA!

excitedguy.gif

emma-stone-excited.gif

sports-gifs-33.gif

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

For the herd of black and gold stampedeth

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Press Release from CU:

CALLAHAN DECLARED ELIGIBLE TO COMPETE THIS FALL

BOULDER ? University of Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre and offensive line coach Gary Bernardi received some good news this afternoon, as the NCAA declared sophomore transfer Shane Callahan immediately eligible to compete this fall for the Buffaloes.

Callahan transferred to CU from Auburn University, where he redshirted as a true freshman for the 2012 season and appeared in two games as a reserve last fall. He enrolled at CU in July and joined the team for preseason practices which began Saturday. CU submitted a waiver appeal to the NCAA for him to compete immediately based on family reasons, instead of having to sit out the mandatory year required in most transfer situations, and school compliance officials were informed of the ruling in his favor Monday afternoon.

"We're happy for Shane and his family that the NCAA declared him eligible to play this year," MacIntyre said. "It's great to have another state of Colorado athlete on our football team."

Callahan, a 6-foot-6, 300-pound offensive lineman, played as a prep at Chaparral High School in Parker. He immediately will add some depth to CU's offensive line, as the Buffs return just six lettermen total across the five positions.

He was named to the prestigious 2011 Parade All-America Team as a senior, his top honor among many in his prep career; SuperPrep also tabbed him as an All-American and ranked him as the 24th offensive lineman in the nation (and as a member of its All-Midlands team). Rivals.com ranked as the nation's No. 22 offensive tackle and the 212th-ranked player nationally, while Scout.com pegged him the No. 33 tackle nationally and the No. 299 overall prospect in the country, with ESPN.com ranking him as the No. 28 OT nationally and 247Sports.com 35th at the offensive tackle position; all four had him as the fourth-rated player overall from the state of Colorado. He participated in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio after the season.

Callahan was an All-Colorado and All-State (5A) selection by the Denver Post as a senior, which ranked him as the state's No. 5 overall prospect (the top offensive lineman) in its postseason Top 15. He was an honorable mention All-State performer as a junior, and was a two-time All-Continental League performer. His senior year, he had 43 pancake blocks, did not allow a quarterback sack or pressure by the man he was guarding, and had numerous downfield and touchdown blocks. Under coach John Vogt, Chaparral was 7-4 his senior year, 9-3 his junior season, and 8-3 both his sophomore and freshman years. He also lettered once in basketball, playing center in a reserve role as a junior.

Wait? So he's 3 to play 3? I thought he would only be 2 for 2 even if he got the waiver. HOLEE CRAP! Shane for 3 years! WOOT!

Wait? So he's 3 to play 3? I thought he would only be 2 for 2 even if he got the waiver. HOLEE CRAP! Shane for 3 years! WOOT!

:nod:

Redshirted. 2013 was his RS-freshman season. He's got 3 years as a Buff in front of him.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Things are really looking up for our Buffs this year. Honestly based on this and some early reports regarding some young DL I am upping my expectation for this seasons to 6 wins and a bowl game.

A strong LT can make or break an offense almost as much as a good QB. Obviously no guarantees he earns a starting role at LT but the chance of him not playing a lot of snaps somewhere on our OL and most likely at LT are pretty slim IMO

All I saw in this title was "CALLAHAN DECLARED"

I was terrified to get to the thread.

giphy.gif

This is huge. Real competition for LT. Glad our OOC is so weak...will give these kids a chance to play together before the brutal PAC12 games start. I'm not ready to consider this a bowl year, but the odds are improving!!! Go Buffs!!! Woot!!!

WOW! The tides are starting to turn in our favor, may the Buffs have the wind in their sails and pillage any team that challenges them.

Things are starting to happen in our favor. This is a good thing!

Colorado strong! Go Shane! :thumbsup:

Not booking my bowl game tix just yet but I think we can clearly say that after about a ten year drought the Buffs just caught a break...we've been needing something like this for a long time.

Back