What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cam the Ram died

How do you feel about Cam's death?

• Happy

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Sad

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • Auspicious

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Impressed that I was able to drunkenly spell "Auspicious"

Votes: 29 29.3%

• Total voters
That little goat of theirs is pretty lame if you ask me. I don't know if you can actually domesticate a bighorn sheep enough to be a mascot, but if they could pull that off, it would be way cooler. Aren't these people some kind of animal experts? Figure out how to turn a bighorn sheep into a mascot and I'll be (mildly) impressed.

Not really. If they used an actual Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep instead of that thing they use then it would be decent. Course I once hiked by a big horn sheep and it still sounds just like a normal sheep when it bleats. Just another sheep with a better outfit.
Probably for the same reason we don't have a male buffalo. They get freaked out by noise, someone's gonna get ****ed up.

The Howitzer thing has always puzzled me. It's not a military academy. It's not even a faux-military academy like Texas A&M. It's just an ag school in the middle of nowhere. What's the deal with the Howitzer?

The Howitzer thing has always puzzled me. It's not a military academy. It's not even a faux-military academy like Texas A&M. It's just an ag school in the middle of nowhere. What's the deal with the Howitzer?
Probably has to do with Ft. Collins was founded as an army outpost.

Thats all I got.

fainting-goats3.gif

I'm not happy the ram died. Not sad either. Animals usually die. The fact they have had 25 so far (not sure the time span) means it should be expected.

Honestly, I'm pretty sad.
Next to Ralphie, you have to admit that Cam is a pretty cool mascot.

Colorado has some sweet ones: a buffalo, a ram, and a falcon all get very high marks for coolness.
What? Seriously...what?

CamThe-Ram-300x259.jpg

ram_handlers_300.jpg

Alabamas-McElwain-takes-over-Colorado-State-NAN3F9C-x-large.jpg

so, i'm guessing one of the goat humping handlers pulled out his tallywhacker in a pre-game ritual and when he waved it at cam, the sheep died laughing.

and i'm not eating any bbq'd mutton that has been violated by half of the denizens of fort flatlands.

RIP - Cam. Poor little fellow did not have a chance from the get go. They picked him, not the other way around. He did not ask to be screwed his whole short life.

Really classless and/or stupid to fire that damned thing off during the Star Spangled Banner. And I get the connection, "Bombs Bursting in Air" and all that stuff, but it was just stupid.

Not really. If they used an actual Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep instead of that thing they use then it would be decent. Course I once hiked by a big horn sheep and it still sounds just like a normal sheep when it bleats. Just another sheep with a better outfit.
Agree, the bighorn would be cool.

What are sheep known for. Getting sheared, being afraid to leave the herd and being timid in the herd, being smelly, not fighting back when attacked. Essentially perpetual losers, ideal for CSU.

What are sheep known for. Getting sheared, being afraid to leave the herd and being timid in the herd, being smelly, not fighting back when attacked. Essentially perpetual losers, ideal for CSU.
Also, they're reasonably easy to catch and ****, when compared to most of the other options.

UBL?

Big Horns smell like absolute ****. When I was working in Nevada we had them all over. Ate some out there too... Blah

According to the Internet, average life expectancy of sheep is 6-11 years. Average life expectancy of Buffalo is 18 to 20 years, extended up to 29 in captivity. Like all other statistical analysis of this series, Buffallo's kick their ass!

On a side note, Dorito's and meth take years off of life expectancy.

According to the Internet, average life expectancy of sheep is 6-11 years. Average life expectancy of Buffalo is 18 to 20 years, extended up to 29 in captivity. Like all other statistical analysis of this series, Buffallo's kick their ass!

On a side note, Dorito's and meth take years off of life expectancy.
Let's assume CSU takes possession of said ram at age 2. If it lives to the lower end of that expectancy of 6, and they have had 25 of them, that's one every four years for 100 years.

Doesn't seem right. An Ag School should be able to do better than that.

Let's assume CSU takes possession of said ram at age 2. If it lives to the lower end of that expectancy of 6, and they have had 25 of them, that's one every four years for 100 years.

Scientific American says life expectency is reduce by ~25% when victims are subjected to repeated sexual abuse. Seems morbid to post the link.

They picked a poor mascot. They have to replace them on a pretty regular basis. They should have chosen a sea turtle. They live a couple of hundred years. Instead of replacing the mascot, they'd have to replace mascot handlers. "The CSU Fighting Sea Turtles." Has a nice ring to it.

They picked a poor mascot. They have to replace them on a pretty regular basis. They should have chosen a sea turtle. They live a couple of hundred years. Instead of replacing the mascot, they'd have to replace mascot handlers. "The CSU Fighting Sea Turtles." Has a nice ring to it.
Plus, their stadium is next to a reservoir, so it would be easy to transport it to the games.

Back