What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Camera: DS has yet to file transfer request...

HotRack

Rez BubbleHead
Club Member
http://www.buffzone.com/ci_14007019

Thoughts? Anyone know what the deadline is for filing? IMO, I think he's just waiting to go home and talk things over with his family then we'll hear something after the new year.

What kind of piqued my interest more was the "afterthought" at the end of the associate AD for business leaving the ath. dept.

Hamilton had oversight of all financial, information technology, and human resource operations of the department as well as financial and administrative oversight of the football program.

Hmmmm. I find that VERY interesting. Mice starting to leave the sinking ship perhaps? :cool:

georgia is still comin. We get to see how the program has i mproved from year 1 of Hawk's tenure :smile2:

Take this with a grain of salt because it's second hand info, but my sister (who currently attends CU and has friends on the FB team) says DS now wants to stay at CU since the UCLA thing fell through.

No idea if he's talked to the coaches or team, or if he would be welcomed back, but it sounds like it's not a foregone conclusion that he is gone.

Take this with a grain of salt because it's second hand info, but my sister (who currently attends CU and has friends on the FB team) says DS now wants to stay at CU since the UCLA thing fell through.

No idea if he's talked to the coaches or team, or if he would be welcomed back, but it sounds like it's not a foregone conclusion that he is gone.
bet it depends on if a certain RB coach stays at that position...

Looks like I got so worked up about Hamilton leaving the AD that I missed that he was accepting a job back at his alma mater - Arky.

So initial excitement is probably unwarranted. Wish him well.

What's weird is without the release (which he hasn't asked for), DS cannot even "legally" speak with other schools, so any info he has about getting into UCLA or any other school has to be secondhand at best.

Hope it works out for him, whatever the outcome. A strange one.

It seems like the team liked him and enjoyed having him around. If they feel like he quit on them, I would imagine that the friendships he's built will overcome the animosity, and eventually, they'd take him back. I would love to have him back as a fan. This is completely unlike Houston - a lot of the team couldn't stand that guy. People like Scott. I personally just want him to do what is best for his life - whatever he chooses that to be.

What's weird is without the release (which he hasn't asked for), DS cannot even "legally" speak with other schools, so any info he has about getting into UCLA or any other school has to be secondhand at best.

Hope it works out for him, whatever the outcome. A strange one.

Actually the school (CU) had given him permission to talk to certain other schools...Arizona being one of them.

Personally, I believe it is best for him to try his luck elsewhere. Quitting the team in mid-season has baggage for him at CU that he will not have elsewhere.

It seems like the team liked him and enjoyed having him around. If they feel like he quit on them, I would imagine that the friendships he's built will overcome the animosity, and eventually, they'd take him back. I would love to have him back as a fan. This is completely unlike Houston - a lot of the team couldn't stand that guy. People like Scott. I personally just want him to do what is best for his life - whatever he chooses that to be.

DS is a good kid. I am disappointed that someone on the staff hasnt been more of a mentor to him. Its obvious that he doesnt have anyone providing that role, outside of an uncle that is a couple years older. I would like to see him come back and find a home here.

DS is a good kid. I am disappointed that someone on the staff hasnt been more of a mentor to him. Its obvious that he doesnt have anyone providing that role, outside of an uncle that is a couple years older. I would like to see him come back and find a home here.

i think he'd be a good fullback now that behrens has graduated. since i am sure we are going to "pound it and launch it"-- we'll be seeing a lot more of the power-I this next year. :drink:

I'm not sure how much the quiting matters if he wants to come back. He needed time to get fully healthy anyway. The Buffs need him. They're way too thin at the position.

I'm not sure how much the quiting matters if he wants to come back. He needed time to get fully healthy anyway. The Buffs need him. They're way too thin at the position.

Exactly. If players feel like DS will make plays to help them win, all DS needs to do is put in some extra work to earn back their trust and it will be like it never happened.

Actually the school (CU) had given him permission to talk to certain other schools...Arizona being one of them.

Personally, I believe it is best for him to try his luck elsewhere. Quitting the team in mid-season has baggage for him at CU that he will not have elsewhere.

Then the Camera got it wrong:

Colorado athletic director Mike Bohn said former CU running back Darrell Scott still has not asked for a release from his scholarship or permission to contact other schools and coaches.

Exactly. If players feel like DS will make plays to help them win, all DS needs to do is put in some extra work to earn back their trust and it will be like it never happened.

I think it's also important to wonder whether many on the team will feel he was justified in the way he reacted to the situation. To be sure, there has to be more than one way to view what happened.

Posted today in ESPN CFB Rumors:

Scott staying in Colorado?
2:47
PM ET
Colorado Buffaloes Top Email

Darrell Scott was the No. 2 back out of the 2008 class, but his time in Colorado hasn't gone as expected. (And No. 1 back Jermie Calhoun hasn't yet lived up to the hype at Oklahoma, either.)

But Scott wanted out last month, hoping to return to his native California to join his uncle and former CU receiver Josh Smith at UCLA, but the Bruins don't seem interested.

According to the Daily Camera, Colorado AD Mike Bohn said Scott has still not asked for a release from his scholarship or permission to contact other schools. About the possibility of staying, Bohn said simply, "That decision is between the football staff and Darrell."

Arizona has been mentioned as another possible destination, yet, with its top three backs returning next season (two of them sophomores), the move doesn't seem likely for Scott, who would want instant time when he finally sees the field.

I'm pretty sure a lot of kids were pissed at him. However, knowing kids the way I do, because, face it, DBT is a kid at heart, if he comes back, I think it could be a catylist to unify the team. Certainly, he will have to win his temates back, but he will be much more humble than he was before he left. He will practice with renewed energy to try to win his mates back. If he does that, it very well may spur the guys on to also pick it up.

The big question is will the coaching staff use him if he does come back. Next season, in theory, we'll have the receivers and QB to keep opposing defenses honest. Use him like they did in the first half against Toledo and the offense will roll imo. Assuming the O-Line improves of course.

The big question is will the coaching staff use him if he does come back. Next season, in theory, we'll have the receivers and QB to keep opposing defenses honest. Use him like they did in the first half against Toledo and the offense will roll imo. Assuming the O-Line improves of course.
Two things for DS and any other guy: Work hard in practice and learn the damned play book. Do those two things, and you will get a chance to show what you can do. Thats my opinion, anyway.

Two things for DS and any other guy: Work hard in practice and learn the damned play book. Do those two things, and you will get a chance to show what you can do. Thats my opinion, anyway.

You know, when you consider some of the Rudy-caliber athletes that have seen the field based on those two criteria (plus going to class)... you make a great damn point.

Why don't the coaches learn how to coach..

Honestly if you are an athlete these are sort of the only two responsibilities you have, why not just do them.

How do you know that he didn't.. Are all of you at practice and know for sure that DS doesn't know the playbook?

And if true, maybe the staff needs to find out new ways to reach players. Not all players are the same and there needs to be different motivating techniques to get through to certain players..

BTW, All Dan Talkins and his staff have to do is win games. When are they going to start?

Honestly if you are an athlete these are sort of the only two responsibilities you have, why not just do them.

How is it that hagan and coach simple jack bragged all spring and fall about scott and then he gets 1 carry vs csu in game 1?

Hawk and hagan have not been honest not only about scott but other issues as well. Imho

Back