What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Camera: Regents support buyout if $$$ is there.

HotRack

Rez BubbleHead
Club Member
http://www.buffzone.com/ci_13839044

Looks like the PR campaign to get out to Joe Colorado that the buyout will be totally funded by private donations through the AD has begun.

General tone is despite some personal views about Hawk, the Baord of Regents will approve the buyout if Bohn and DiStef ask for it.

Looks like DiStef may be the last hurdle in the race. However if there were ever any more reason to make the move the last three lines of the article say it all...

One longtime CU booster sat in the Oklahoma City airport Friday morning waiting for a plane home to Denver. He said he was disheartened Thursday night listening to a postgame call-in show on the radio.
One OSU fan asked a radio announcer about the significance of the Cowboys’ victory and the announcer said, “It’s only Colorado.”
“There is nothing worse than being irrelevant,” the CU booster said.
:cry:

Have fun in Maui Mike. Have a shave ice and mai tai for me. But while you're getting your tan on, get the cel phone out and start talking to new HC candidates!

GO BUFFS! BEAT THE CORN! The boys and I will be there to root you on...:gobuffs:

I live here in okc it seem's like the sport's media doesn't even like to talk about colorado,i have called in several time's to talk about my buff's and that's about the only time they talk about cu is when a caller like myself call's in !!! :cry: (have we been black balled)

The quotes by Lucero, Hybl and Tilman's are disappointing.
I recognize how the perception of a payout in a down economy has the potential for some backlash by Colorado voters who, as a group, have little or no interest in CU, let alone higher education.

But I'd have preferred to see something along these lines:

"The football program is a media asset that generates goodwill for the university around the state and across the nation. Right or wrong, the performance on the field influences the perception and opportunities that the University has with key constituents. Simply put, when CU wins, it's good for the university.

When you see the investments made around the country, you'd see the CU athletic department provides tremendous value. There are coaches at other schools who are paid $3 and $4 million per year, so if the boosters raise private funding and make a recommendation, I'll evaluate it in context of the economic realities that face our communities and the university and make a decission based on what is best for the University of Colorado.

I live in Boise - other than the occassional mention of Hawk being from Boise - CU football is off the radar. Of course they are more than overshadowed by the Broncos

I like that last comment from a booster about being irrelevant.
Personally I'd rather there not be a football program at all than have one and have to face long term irrelevance. Fan's worst nightmare.

Back