1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera: Regents support buyout if $$$ is there.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by HotRack, Nov 21, 2009.

1. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_13839044

Looks like the PR campaign to get out to Joe Colorado that the buyout will be totally funded by private donations through the AD has begun.

General tone is despite some personal views about Hawk, the Baord of Regents will approve the buyout if Bohn and DiStef ask for it.

Looks like DiStef may be the last hurdle in the race. However if there were ever any more reason to make the move the last three lines of the article say it all...

:cry:

Have fun in Maui Mike. Have a shave ice and mai tai for me. But while you're getting your tan on, get the cel phone out and start talking to new HC candidates!

GO BUFFS! BEAT THE CORN! The boys and I will be there to root you on...:gobuffs:

2. buffsfan01

buffsfan01 Member

I live here in okc it seem's like the sport's media doesn't even like to talk about colorado,i have called in several time's to talk about my buff's and that's about the only time they talk about cu is when a caller like myself call's in !!! :cry: (have we been black balled)

3. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

The quotes by Lucero, Hybl and Tilman's are disappointing.
    I recognize how the perception of a payout in a down economy has the potential for some backlash by Colorado voters who, as a group, have little or no interest in CU, let alone higher education.

But I'd have preferred to see something along these lines:

"The football program is a media asset that generates goodwill for the university around the state and across the nation. Right or wrong, the performance on the field influences the perception and opportunities that the University has with key constituents. Simply put, when CU wins, it's good for the university.

When you see the investments made around the country, you'd see the CU athletic department provides tremendous value. There are coaches at other schools who are paid $3 and $4 million per year, so if the boosters raise private funding and make a recommendation, I'll evaluate it in context of the economic realities that face our communities and the university and make a decission based on what is best for the University of Colorado.

4. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

I live in Boise - other than the occassional mention of Hawk being from Boise - CU football is off the radar. Of course they are more than overshadowed by the Broncos

5. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

I like that last comment from a booster about being irrelevant.
    Personally I'd rather there not be a football program at all than have one and have to face long term irrelevance. Fan's worst nightmare.