What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cameron Newton - 2010 Heisman Trophy Winner

Jens1893

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Surprise, surprise

Newton 2263, Luck 1079, James 916, Moore 635, Blackmon 105

1st place votes

Newton 729. Luck 78. James 22.Moore 40. Blackmon 1. Robinson 6. Dalton 4. Marecic 3.

Last edited:
Seems like a likable kid. Stumbled over his words though. Made a funny comment (Freudian slip?) saying something like "thanks to my parents, there are so many things that they do behind the scenes that go unnoticed."

Maybe those actions were noticed after all?

Well deserved. Listen, his dad tried to get money for him to go to MSU, he didn't and Cam didn't take part in it, or so the report goes. Seems like a good kid who just loves the game and it was no surprise that he won with his stats this year. **** he rushed alone for more than Speedy...lol.

The sad thing is that he probably could have been in this position without the financial bargaining by his father. And anyone who thinks the son didn't know anything about the father's actions as decided by the NCAA needs some serious therapy.

This young man appears to me to be a burgeoning LaBron James in a different sport.

The sad thing is that he probably could have been in this position without the financial bargaining by his father. And anyone who thinks the son didn't know anything about the father's actions as decided by the NCAA needs some serious therapy.

This young man appears to me to be a burgeoning LaBron James in a different sport.
I'm not going to say that he didn't know about it but I'm not going to go out and say that because you can't be 100% sure. He didn't receive any money anyway since he went to Auburn and not MSU.

Well, we don't have a law enforcement investigation leading to a prosecution, but after all these years of sanctions, Reggie Bush, etc., etc. etc. there is a pretty high probability that in some way, shape or form this young man, and his family have seriously benefited by the choice of Auburn.

Well, we don't have a law enforcement investigation leading to a prosecution, but after all these years of sanctions, Reggie Bush, etc., etc. etc. there is a pretty high probability that in some way, shape or form this young man, and his family have seriously benefited by the choice of Auburn.
I wouldn't dispute that but I'd be willing to beat a LOT of players are.

And how do you know Auburn didn't merely win the sweepstakes? They seem to be a likely candidate (read: motive) to bend the rules since Saban has Alabama back near the top. They were desperate.

I'm not going to say that he didn't know about it but I'm not going to go out and say that because you can't be 100% sure. He didn't receive any money anyway since he went to Auburn and not MSU.

And how do you know Auburn didn't merely win the sweepstakes? They seem to be a likely candidate (read: motive) to bend the rules since Saban has Alabama back near the top. They were desperate.

True but Newton deserved the Heisman. I'm sure all these big programs have players in there that are getting money, getting more than "tutor" help in their classes and other benefits.

The heisman sucks ass, everyone knows long before the ceremony who wins it. It's as suprising as a DT rant.

Seems like a likable kid. Stumbled over his words though. Made a funny comment (Freudian slip?) saying something like "thanks to my parents, there are so many things that they do behind the scenes that go unnoticed."

The Kids a thief and my bet a Liar. No damn way his "father" shopped him for cash without his kid knowing about it. He stole **** at the U and was shakey then but hey what the hell he has talent so all is forgiven in the world of sports.

The Kids a thief and my bet a Liar. No damn way his "father" shopped him for cash without his kid knowing about it. He stole **** at the U and was shakey then but hey what the hell he has talent so all is forgiven in the world of sports.

So Canuck, have you ever taught a North American Bison (AKA Buffalo) to ride in a car and/or drink beer? I'm not asking for any particular reason.

fing hilarious... saw that on replay this morning.....

PRICELESS....

I am trying not to follow this story all that close since it fits in the "I don't have time to give a ****" category. However, given the excuse that he knows nothing of his father's doings, I find it hard to believe that in every interview I have seen he underscores what a great relationship he has with his father.

Things just don't add up on the surface and I suspect that this is far from over. Probably just a case of the NCAA wanting all of their money first and then they will deal with everything after the fact.

Definitely will say that this kid sure does remind me of Vince Young in his highlights. No doubt he is an exceptional college talent.

In America, the U is Miami, Florida.... not Gainesville Florida..... What do you think they call them in Germany? is it the same in Canada? :smile2: (Stripes reference)

LSU Freek....

cecilphotobomb.gif

I am trying not to follow this story all that close since it fits in the "I don't have time to give a ****" category. However, given the excuse that he knows nothing of his father's doings, I find it hard to believe that in every interview I have seen he underscores what a great relationship he has with his father.

Things just don't add up on the surface and I suspect that this is far from over. Probably just a case of the NCAA wanting all of their money first and then they will deal with everything after the fact.

Definitely will say that this kid sure does remind me of Vince Young in his highlights. No doubt he is an exceptional college talent.

Except Vince Young did not win the heisman. And did not *cough* receive any *cough* extra benefits...............

Back