1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cameron Wright question

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Aug 19, 2008.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

since my kid went to RV, I've seen him play in HS. He came from a program where the coach didn't pass much. So he never got good passing game coaching. He has a lot of good tools, but no real experience. So, my question, has anyone seen him do anything and how has he looked? I figure that with a couple of years of good instruction, he may be a sleeper.

2. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

I think I read somewhere that walk-ons won't join the team until school starts. So Cameron, Evan Eastburn, that Goldberg fellow, and several others will show up next week.

3. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

Correct

4. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Nope thats incorrect...some walk-ons aren't practicing yet but I've seen video of practice with a lefty QB. Our only lefty QB is Wright

5. broncos1

broncos1 Member

I have seen Wright up at practice and your review that he came from a running offense is correct. He was having trouble throwing a spiral, has little arm strength and is destined for a position change.

6. DBT

That is not what I've heard. Plus, I have a hard time buying the arm strength thing.

7. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I saw Goldberg and Wright suited up for the scrimmage. I was watching Wright in warm up, while he was throwing maybe a 10-15 yard ball and it was pretty wobbly, certainly not a tight spiral. The kids an athlete so I suspect a position change is in his future. We have two QB commits coming in next year to add to Cody, Ballenger, Hansen, Black and Wright. That's 5 scholarship QBs (which is the right number) plus Black and Wright if they both stay at QB

8. DBT

That very well could be. I have no idea what else he played in HS. He may have played LB. Not sure. Like CU needs help there, :lol:.

9. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I'm going on the depth chart, nothing more. He could be a safety, WR or maybe a FB if he does not stay at QB. He's listed at 6-1 200.