What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Can Dan Turn It Around?

We can't beat Toledo and CSU. What makes anyone think we can compete in the Big XII?

Every team left on our schedule Including KSjc and ISU are looking at the CU game as as a we will win this game as they are trying to figure out if they will qualify for a bowl.

I watched all four games we have played. Throw away the Wyoming game because they are even worse then us.

Honestly, what "improvement" has anyone seen from the CSU, Toledo, and WVU games that make you think we have any chance the rest of this season?

Our D was burned each game, giving up huge plays every other time they were on the field.

Our O was just as bad in the WVU game as it was against CSU or Toledo.

If anyone thinks that there were some improvments from the WVU game what were they? Other than a few nice runs by Speedy I didn't see anything out of the offense, defense, or our special Ed teams.

The only reason the WVU game even looked close was WVU could not hold onto the ball the first half.

The rest of our schedule is full of teams that would beat any of the teams that we have already played. We will be lucky to win two more games this year.

But, "we battled", what more could you ask for?:rolleyes:

I'm not taking anything away from how our kids have played their hearts out in the losses but the coaching staff has to put our kids in the best position to win and i've yet to see that happen. When do you as a DEF step up and say we're not playing our best but we've put our team in a really good position to win two out of the three games we've lost and our QB's handing the ball right back over to the opposing offenses. We could easily be 3-1 or 2-2 right now at worse.

I'm not taking anything away from how our kids have played their hearts out in the losses but the coaching staff has to put our kids in the best position to win and i've yet to see that happen. When do you as a DEF step up and say we're not playing our best but we've put our team in a really good position to win two out of the three games we've lost and our QB's handing the ball right back over to the opposing offenses. We could easily be 3-1 or 2-2 right now at worse.

I completely agree with you calibuff, I was taking a(nother) potshot at our HC who seems completely content with simply participating...

What in this world makes you think we can compete against Big 12 teams, even teams from the North?:wow:
Pelini has turned around NU. He's done all the things Juicebox promised without shooting off his stupid mouth and making an ass out of himself. We will be lucky to put up 10 points on his defense.

This is true, if you consider an offense that can't score on its first 10 possessions against Missouri "turned around." They have obviously improved on defense as expected, but have a ways to go on offense. We will probably get at least a couple of TDs, because although they have a pass rush, their secondary is weak. So this year they have a single loss, 3 wins against nobodies and without total self-destruction starting at the end of the 3rd quarter, would have lost last night to Missouri.

I'm just saying I want more for us than Pelini has delivered so far at NU.

This is true, if you consider an offense that can't score on its first 10 possessions against Missouri "turned around." They have obviously improved on defense as expected, but have a ways to go on offense. We will probably get at least a couple of TDs, because although they have a pass rush, their secondary is weak. So this year they have a single loss, 3 wins against nobodies and without total self-destruction starting at the end of the 3rd quarter, would have lost last night to Missouri.

Their O could generate points off turnovers. So they have that going for them...

I'd gladly take a win on the road over a ranked opponent.. regardless if they self destructed. We've beaten two teams on the road in 3 1/3 years under Hawkins and one of those was pre-Briles Baylor.

I'd gladly take a win on the road over a ranked opponent.. regardless if they self destructed. We've beaten two teams on the road in 3 1/3 years under Hawkins and one of those was pre-Briles Baylor.

I agree that it's a helluva lot better improving while winning than improving while losing. But I responded to the statement that NU has turned it around, which is not true.

I think you have to look at the conditions last night. Columbia had 5 inches of rain yesterday - most of it during game time. Neither team had much success moving the ball. They have played two ranked teams on the road and are 1-1 with that.

Three wins over nobodies - well CU is getting losses against those nobodies. That is what teams are suppose to do is beat the nobodies.

Pelini is delivering wins at the moment, what do you want for CU.

We have recruited 2 of the top RB's in the nation in the past 10 years and so far neither have panned out yet. Marcus Houston was ran out of town and ended up in Fort Collins. We fought and kicked the entire way to get DS to come to Boulder and yet we see ESPY "a walk on" on the field more often then DS and that itself puzzles me. I'm not taking anything away from ESPY but you don't recruit 5 star players to bench them. How often do we hear from everyone "put your best playmakers on the field and get them the ball and see what they can do it for you" Hasn't anyone noticed that we're losing out on close recruiting battles because we're losing ball game that we should be winning and recruits are going to look at our track record and get tired of hearing we're building something special here and it's going to take time. Time is of essence and right now Hawk doesn't have very much time. Not every 2 star recruit is going to turn into speedy and not every 4 or 5 stars going to pan out but i would rather have a class of recruits filled with 4 or 5 star players anyday. Dan's not going to turn this thing around anytime soon if he doesn't start winning ball games and by continuing to recruit 2 and 3 stars players, we're not going to be able to compete with the BIG 12 POWERS.

Buckaroo Banzai is a vastly underappreciated movie.

Yes, I tried to inspire my kids with it on a family video night once and they thought I was nuts.

Will try again when they are old enough to appreciate the finer things in life.
I hope that comes sooner than later.

Sorry for thread hijack, but it's the Buckaroo! Cannot be denied!

[video=youtube;8Db4avDn1mc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Db4avDn1mc[/video]

Yeah, it sucks. But it isn't about that, for me. It's about this program gaining momentum. If Hawkins does not turn it around, then I'll be as glad as anyone to see him go.

gaining momentum???? that's gooood
by the way i do feel buckaroo bonzai is running the show! that trailer is how i feel about our 2 deep. ****ing phntastic

I think you have to look at the conditions last night. Columbia had 5 inches of rain yesterday - most of it during game time. Neither team had much success moving the ball. They have played two ranked teams on the road and are 1-1 with that.

Three wins over nobodies - well CU is getting losses against those nobodies. That is what teams are suppose to do is beat the nobodies.

Pelini is delivering wins at the moment, what do you want for CU.

Again (sigh) wins are good, my post wasn't about that, but the performance against teams that don't completely suck. I'd love to be winning while we were improving (especially IF we were improving). I want CU to execute a lot better than I've seen NU execute - I thought I'd made that obvious enough. I'm sorry. :smile2:

Again (sigh) wins are good, my post wasn't about that, but the performance against teams that don't completely suck. I'd love to be winning while we were improving (especially IF we were improving). I want CU to execute a lot better than I've seen NU execute - I thought I'd made that obvious enough. I'm sorry. :smile2:

In support of Coach Juicebox and the new expectations for our football program, I will no longer be using the Internet acronym "FTW". Instead, henceforth I will use "FTMV"*, which I believe is much more appropriate for a Buffs board in 2009.

* For The Moral Victory

get some ****ing glasses dude, suh will eat cody , i mean literally eat him! by the way they did score 27 in the rain on the road. somehow making light of that is tarded.

I have little hope for this year but I can not believe this team is actually as bad as they looked against Toledo and CSU (hell, the offense looked horrible against Wyoming and WVU, too, as far as I am concerned).

He won 9 games in his first year. He kicks guys off the team that are $uckups - unlike "Dr. Jelleyfish" Tom Osborne. He never ever makes a jackass out of himself like our Juicebox. They have a good shot at winning 10 games this year. Juicebox will be lucky as hell if he ever wins more than 6. When he finally gets canned by CU, he will never be a head coach at a major again.
Dr_Tom.jpg

I'll probably get blasted for being "negative" just like I was in the offseason, but no way in hell we beat KU and NU.

We beat Wyoming...That's it.

We lost to a bad CSU team (got manhandled), lost to a bad Toledo team (blow out) and we lost on the road to a good WVU team.

That's not why you get heat from other posters. You know the real reason. :rolleyes:

Because I'm "negative" and usually right?

Because I said that Speedy was better than Scott? Because I said that we should not expect big things from Simmons this year?

Yes, it is because I'm not a kool-aid drinker. I like results, while you like to dream. I'd be pretty surprised if we beat KU.....and I'll guarantee that we don't go 4-1 against the North.

ur probably right but the North isnt that good. the over under against nebraska should be how many times hawkins will get his pass batted down by suh.

I'd like our chances against Nebraska (and everyone else) a lot better if Hansen was our QB. That athletic dimension he brings to the table is crucial.

I think Cody still has nightmares of Suh.

If we can't compete with CSU and Toledo, what makes you think we will even hang with ISU or KSU on the road much less call them wins?

I'm all for sunshine pumping, but at this point it's really more delusion mixed with absurdly wishful thinking.

Back