1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Hawk survive laying an egg in front of the '90 team?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Oct 2, 2010.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I was thinking about this. Most of the '89 and '90 teams will be at the game today. Hawk has never garnered the support of the former players. Winning today won't change that. But if he loses, and especially if he loses big, he will not survive it. It will be the final nail in his support coffin. He will have irrevocably separated himself from the history of this program, if that makes any sense.

Not that he has much of a chance anyway. You just have the feeling that its a done deal.

2. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

NO, it would yet be one more thing that Hawk srews up for Bohn. Bohn puts together this great honor the 1990 CFB Championship thing to get fans, boosters, and alumni fired up, and Hack yet again pisses all over the parade with his ineptitude and linability to inspire and embrasses the team, the fans, and Bohn on national TV YET again.

So, I think if we lose big, Hack is sacked!!

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

:rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

4. DBT

Yep. I could actually believe an immediate change might happen. But much less than a 50% chance.

5. DBT

GeT YOUR :rolling_eyes: OUT OF HERE! SMARMY BASTARD! :lol:

6. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Ask us after the MIZZOU slaughterhouse..er game. :smile2:

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Sorry, just a little annoyed that somehow a big loss THIS weekend is somehow the final straw. The only way Hawkins stays for 2011 is if he wins... a lot. If he wins tonight, meh. If he loses, just another step closer to him being canned. The sooner fans accept that Hawkins has about a 5% chance of being here in 2011, the better.

8. DBT

Well, he has a punchers chance if he can win today, get to 8 wins and a bowl. But if he ebarrasses the program today like he did at Cal, well, it would be really interesting to see how Bohn would react. I still believe this team may be better than many give 'em credit for.

9. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

If you're saying that a bad loss today would get him fired tomorrow or Monday, then I'm not buying it. Unfortunately it sounds like he's gonna last out most or all of the season. But I'm with BB, he's all but gone. Or at least hopefully he is!

10. DBT

I'm not sayint that. I'm saying it would be the final nail in his coffin. He would not be able to do anything the remainder of the year to save his job. A win today, and he still has a minute chance.

11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

OK, wasn't sure when you meant the ax would (finally) fall. If were to get to 8 wins it would certainly complicate the issue, and with a win today I wouldn't rule out the possibility of getting to 8 wins.

12. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i bet there are some interesting conversations re: the state of the program this weekend among former players.

13. DBT

I'm not sure what I mean either :lol:

14. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

So you are saying he can get fired while winning the big 12 (which he won't)?