1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I just say

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffNut99, Jun 11, 2010.

1. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

F U to Chip Brown? CU apparently got invited 11 days ago, but according to Chippy, Baylor had our spot as of Monday. Suck Burnt Orange C*ck Chip, you are a friggin hack

2. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

Link? Props to Bohn if true.

3. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I think discussions started 11 days ago.. We didn't get a formal invite until Tuesday night.

4. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

That is correct from what I read earlier... Why was it that texas-based media dominated this whole story the past week and pretty much got it all wrong? I am thinking alot of these stories were put out by people involved with the situation to try and form public opinion into some sort of reality. The PAC people had to be sitting back and cracking up at some of this stuff that came out and is continuing to come out with the Big10 and SEC.

5. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Got to say this about Chip: Much like Kirk Bohls, he's a really nice and likeable guy in person. But that work persona of the journalist covering that team in the media market where they ARE the only show in town, as close to a pro team as one gets, really - is to be a goofy shill for the Horn athletic department. You don't sell as many papers or get as high ratings in Central Texas by being controversial and playing devil's advocate. Got to be a burnt orange apologist through and through. And if nothing happens outside of CU and Nebraska bolting the Big 12 this year, he's going to look really foolish for "breaking" all of this heated Pac talk. Until of course months from now when the rest of the country's forgotten who he is and Texas is having another winning season and the Kool Aid Longhorn fans just wanna hear from Chip how many juniors visiting are about to give their verbals.

Chip Brown is an SMU alum, by the way. So I think he prefers the reformation of the Southwest Conference, really.

6. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

There is a difference between reporting and propaganda.
    The orangebloods media saturation was part of a larger plot to keep the B12 together.

The Texas media machine doesn't play by everyone else's rules.

7. superdeluxe

superdeluxe New Member

What stories coming out of texas has been wrong?

8. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

JUst doing a quick check before going to work, the kids have ESPN on, and I have to say it's FREAKIN' AWESOME to hear us as the lead story being the first to get the whole conference re-alignment thing going! It rocks!

9. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

the guy is just doing his job which is to deliver Texas football news first and NCAA football news second.

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I don't think it's his job to throw other schools under the proverbial bus, which is what he was doing with CU for the last week. If he even bothered to mention CU at all, it was in an unflattering way. The guy is a goof. I'm very glad I don't have to listen or read his fantasies.

11. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Chip can lick Bevo's bung....on second thouht, he probably has...I kid, sort of....

12. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

This made much more sense once I realized you were talking about Chip Brown, not CU's chipmunk on crack costumed mascot who calls himself "Chip"....

13. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

This made much more sense once I realized you were talking about Chip Brown, not CU's chipmunk on crack costumed mascot who calls himself "Chip"....

14. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Yes, Chip Brown, not our loveable "Chip", sorry for the confusion.

15. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Did you miss the whole Baylor episode last week? "It is up to Texas who comes with Texas". PAC 16 and all the schools having invites? What has been right so far?