1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone explain to me how KSU is still Dancing?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by GoBuffs!!, Feb 14, 2011.

1. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

According to Joe..

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

He says 6 from the Big 12 will make it in. So with CU being in 6th place, I figured CU may be close, but they take KSU? They play KU, UT, and Mizzou in the next few weeks, they will be lucky to finish out 3-3, putting them at 7-9, yet they are dancing? WTF

2. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

heard that on the game replay. Doesnt make any sense.

If they are dancing then we sure as hell should be.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  3. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

Lunardi's projections, although usually pretty damn good, I think do have the flaw of relying to much on preseason projections. It takes a lot more to play yourself out of his brackets. I think the main reason he does this is because this is kind of how the selection comitte does it too, they sometimes give the benefit of the doubt to highly ranked preseason teams. You have to make a lot more noise being unheralded in early season. Unfortunately, perception is reality.

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Lunardi's whole gig he stole from Jerry Palm.

KSU's rpi is in the 40's. as such, they are on the bubble. they also have a couple decent early season W's.

5. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

KSU RPI ranks at 40 (16-9, 4-6).
    CU RPI ranks at 92 (16-10, 5-6).

Not that hard to figure out. Head-to-head ain't gonna overcome that disparity.

(RPI ranks are for before this weekend's games, KSU should be in the low 40s and CU might've climbed into the high 80s)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  6. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

What wins, Gonzaga (proved to be nothing) or VT (also now a nothing team). Or are you talking about the big wins over teams like savanah state?

7. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

This team only has to look in the mirror to see why they wont be dancing. Beat OU, Baylor and ATM and they are in.

8. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

In the BS Insider analysis part of ESPN, he says a loss to Kansas will put them out of the bracket. He for some reason thinks they have a chance to beat Kansas.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I was surprised to see that he still had Michigan State in there, too. They're 14-10 and playing at Ohio State tomorrow. They may very well play their way in considering Izzo and his usual ability to get his teams to peak at the right time, but right now they shouldn't be in.

10. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Neither team has any solid wins, but KSU doesn't have losses to USF and Oklahome, or any team ranked lower than 30 in RPI, other than Colorado. Love the blatant homerism, but if I was the committee I'd take KSU over CU right now no question.

11. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I would take neither and look elsewhere.

12. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

It's not just that, they played VT, Duke, Gonzaga and Florida in non-conference games and went 2-2 in those games. They also have a win over a decent WSU team on the road. They went 14-3 compared to our 11-4 non-conference, and their non-conference schedule was light year's tougher than ours.

But what does surprise me a bit is that KSU wasn't even one of his last 4 teams in.

13. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Next time I will just shut up.