What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Can Tre'shawn Fletcher replace Booker?

He is like Nate Tomlinson was for us. He made some bone headed choices sometimes and missed quite a few open shots, but I wouldn't have traded his leadership for anything. I wish we still had him and Carlon.

I was the most critical of probably anybody on Booker last year - exhibit a, exhibit b, I also tried to find ways to justify his misses. But everything I complained about last year, (primarily his shot selection- increased two point jumpers and pull up jumpers on the break instead of taking it to the rack) he isn't doing this year.

Pachoops put together a great column on Ski last week, READ IT

i'll pull some quantifiable evidence later today, but I'm definitely not in the "Ski needs to come off the bench camp"

Good call on the PacHoops piece. With out Booker's emotion, numbers be damned we lose that Harvard game.

Ski is the most important player on this team. I keep hoping for the Mayor to just take control of a game, but (as good as he is) he doesn't appear to have the same fire Ski has. Ski makes a lot of plays that make me shake my head, but he is consistently making plays. I wish I could say the same for anyone else on our roster.

Replacing Booker with any of the freshmen this year is a bad idea. Right now from what I can tell Booker is more of an on court leader than the Mayor. Energy, Gritty Leadership, and Defense will get you minutes on a Tad Boyle team and Booker has all those qualities in spades.

He has a lot of the intangibles of Tomlinson, but with much more offensive upside. Tomlinson started over a variety of more athletic guys. Booker starts this year and next, you can bank on it.

Also I feel, his stats suffer often because sometimes he takes shots when there are none, when everyone starts playing timid he goes for it. Then the egg falls on his face, then the peanut gallery statisticians attack him. Statiticians can tell you what happened, but as soon as you get into what if territory your best off starting on a napkin. Lets ask the question if Booker plays less, do you have:

A)More shots made by team.

or

B)Simply spread the bad shots amongst others, plus lost energy, plus lost defense, plus lost composure.

I think B.

Replacing Booker with any of the freshmen this year is a bad idea. Right now from what I can tell Booker is more of an on court leader than the Mayor. Energy, Gritty Leadership, and Defense will get you minutes on a Tad Boyle team and Booker has all those qualities in spades.

He has a lot of the intangibles of Tomlinson, but with much more offensive upside. Tomlinson started over a variety of more athletic guys. Booker starts this year and next, you can bank on it.

Also I feel, his stats suffer often because sometimes he takes shots when there are none, when everyone starts playing timid he goes for it. Then the egg falls on his face, then the peanut gallery statisticians attack him. Statiticians can tell you what happened, but as soon as you get into what if territory your best off starting on a napkin. Lets ask the question if Booker plays less, do you have:

A)More shots made by team.

or

B)Simply spread the bad shots amongst others, plus lost energy, plus lost defense, plus lost composure.

I think B.
actually, the statisticians are back on ski's side these days. well, the advanced ones are. :lol:

This is WEAK sauce. I explained why I thought Talton had a better game on Sunday. I also was pretty clear that this team needs Ski. You care to bring anything to the table?

On my phone out of town, so no.

I'm not trying to get into a debate on something we've beat into the ground. If you consider that weak sauce, so be it. Maybe someone with a computer can link to the thread if you don't want to search for it.

Seriously, this has been discussed at length. Basically I said a lot of what nik did in this thread.

Ski was vital to pulling off the win vs Harvard. I can't say the same about XT.

I'm an XT fan, and have been critical of ski in the past. However, Ski's been a solid contributor and facilitator for us the last 6 games. I agree that he absolutely needs to improve his % from the floor, but he's a solid creator, an area on which XT doesn't excel. I've loved seeing XT get solid minutes, especially all the ones that previously went to Stalzer.

I want to apologize to everyone on the board, as torero has pointed out that I bring nothing to the table. Probably more like very little, but I'm fine with that. I'd rather that if it means avoiding assholish behavior that many people bring to the board.

I'm not trying to get into a debate on something we've beat into the ground. If you consider that weak sauce, so be it. Maybe someone with a computer can link to the thread if you don't want to search for it.

Seriously, this has been discussed at length. Basically I said a lot of what nik did in this thread.

I'm an XT fan, and have been critical of ski in the past. However, Ski's been a solid contributor and facilitator for us the last 6 games. I agree that he absolutely needs to improve his % from the floor, but he's a solid creator, an area on which XT doesn't excel. I've loved seeing XT get solid minutes, especially all the ones that previously went to Stalzer.

I want to apologize to everyone on the board, as torero has pointed out that I bring nothing to the table. Probably more like very little, but I'm fine with that. I'd rather that if it means avoiding assholish behavior that many people bring to the board.

Thanks to you, the Truffle Shuffle is no longer erased from my memory. Not sure whether that's good or not. :lol:

This is a fair post, all I wanted. Maybe I'm the one with the assholish behavior here, but it seemed pretty assholish to call me crazy, and then I provide my rationale, and then a refusal to acknowledge my rationale.

XT in my opinion played a better game on Sunday. At least one person I was at the game with Sunday shared this sentiment. Ski is still vital to this team. He played lousy for large stretches, but undoubtedly made some big plays to help win this game. I'm not the one who is calling for Fletch to replace Booker. That's ridiculous.

I disagree with the sentiment that seems to be coming from the board that Ski was the difference maker on Sunday though. He made some big plays. But Spencer and Scott were the reasons they won this game.

Kind of aside from the argument, but...

I think we can all agree that XT is significantly improved over last season. A good argument can be made that he's had the biggest year-to-year jump on the team.

Kind of aside from the argument, but...

I think we can all agree that XT is significantly improved over last season. A good argument can be made that he's had the biggest year-to-year jump on the team.

CU bball players actually get better. CU football, not so much

Can we just shelve this booker debate until next season?

It happens every year, and right now I dont think there's anyone that matches his intensity or willingness to create shots when the team needs it. At this point, there's probably not anyone who isnt already starting that will make fewer mistakes in the same amount of minutes that ski plays and play with the same intensity on defense.

Everyone seems to forget that as bad as that illinois game was last march (I believe if you add up all our scoreless periods, it amounted to like 23 minutes!) He was the one that brought us back in it scoring wise (as well as Defense from the whole team).

Threads like this are why Arizona fans don't take us seriously.

First you are spelling his name wrong. It is Tre'Shaun Fletcher

Second you are talking about a true freshman who has played a grand total of 71 minutes of college basketball or 10.1 minutes per game. He has a grand total of 27 career points (3.9 PPG) and has yet to break double digits in a single game. Not only do you want him to replace the unquestioned leader of the team who has over 2 season of experience, a Charleston Classic tournament MVP, and over 800 career points.

But here is why this is stupid to talk about.

Lets compare their first 7 games

BookerFletcher
minutes15571
points6427
PPG9.13.9
RPG3.21.4
APG2.1.1
Shooting %43%61.1%
3 pt shooting %40%33.3%

So I bet if we looked back we were all pretty excited with Booker's first handful of games. Let's just slow down a bit and see how the offense plays out. Booker is playing pretty good. Sure his shooting percentage could be higher, but like it has been stated several times, he attacks the defense like nobody else on our roster.

Threads like this are why Arizona fans don't take us seriously.

To be fair, there was a decent contingent calling for Chol to get more minutes and start last year at Arizona.

here's an idea I haven't seen floated, what about Brett Brady starting? (I had to use the google to make sure it was Brett and not Brent) He's shooting 66.6% from 3 (he's shot 3) he's got a positive plus/minus when he's on the floor (which means nothing) , the ball movement and spacing are great when he's in the game (anecdotal unsupported claim). As some are proposing that the only criteria you should judge a shooting guard on is their ability to shoot, Brady is your man.

Last edited:
Unless I previously know different, I assume people who hate on Booker don't know much about basketball.

Back