1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we now start holding MacIntyre to a higher standard?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BlackNGold, Sep 4, 2015.

1. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

This is directed to a large contingent on this board who always want to pump sunshine that Mike MacIntyre is some super coach. Nothing is ever his fault in the minds of some - it is the assistants (which he brought in), the players screw up (isn't the coach responsible for that to some extent), CU has been bad for so long what do you expect (then why are we paying him and his assistants $5 Million a year if we don't care) and so on.

I am not calling for him to be fired but I also think that he needs to be held to a higher standard than he has by most to date.

To me he is a WAC level coach (a now defunct conference) that CU is paying a lot of money to for him to learn on the job. He is not a great recruiter, he does not appear to be a great motivator, and I have not seen any great Xs and Os to change games.

He needs to figure out how to be better.

BorrachoBuff likes this.
  2. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Quite a lot of people on this board said this year he would be held to a higher standard. There are no more excuses for poor play or poor results. HCMM has all the tools at his disposal. The only thing missing from the equation is wins, and that is his job to fix.

3. 89BUFF89

89BUFF89 Well-Known Member

He needs to win 5 games with the pillow soft OOC in year 3. He sure made his job harder by ****ting the bed in game 1.

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  4. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

The Pac 12 is chock full of really good coaches. Even a decent coach isn't good enough for CU to be relevant.

"Mac is a better coach than ________ in the Pac 12." If that blank doesn't have at least 5-6 names on it right now, you probably have the wrong guy.

I doubt Mac goes anywhere during the season, and I'm willing to see how the next 4-5 games go, but he's completely lost the benefit of the doubt for me at this point. He's not P5 material until proven otherwise this season.

5. Sykobuff

Sykobuff Club Member Club Member

Same song after each post game.

6. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

MacIntyre will be fairly evaluated on his body of work at the end of the 2015 season.

TSchekler likes this.
  7. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I'm done with him. I gave him a pass the last two seasons but I needed to see something to start this season.

He's in over his head.

TDbuff, SBG and BuffUp like this.
  8. BorrachoBuff

BorrachoBuff Club Member Club Member

You hit the nail on the head: MM is not a good motivator, he is a poor game day coach, and he can't recruit. Other than that he is great!

Even before yesterday's embarrassment, I could not understand why so many fans refused to question MM. Bottom line, through 2 years Embree had 3x as many conference wins. I liked the hire initially, but as I have said before, I checked out once he gave his kid a scholly. At that point I no longer trusted his judgement.

9. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

So we aren't winning 8 or 9 games this year after all?

10. Faction2Buff

Faction2Buff New Member

One game doesn't make a season! We all knew going in that teams make the largest jump from game one to game two,we shall see if this is our trajectory. Something tells me that the late game was 80% of our lack luster delta brain pattern! No Beta present, no fire,no feeling present!
    As far as play calling and our offense though's are always behing the defense first part of the season, Note; TCU,&AZ,. I've said sometime back Sefo
    is not a QB for this offense, more of a west coast type. We need a spread runner at QB. We could simplify our O for Montez and win more games this year than staying with the other!

11. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

I don't think anyone has ever touted MM as a super coach. I think the contingent (including myself) that has supported him have taken the stance that he is a good coach that inherited a Division II football team, playing in the nation's best P5 conference. Most people say a "normal" rebuilding process in college is a full 3-4 years. CU was in so much worse condition than a "normal" program, that it simply wasn't ever going to be fixed in that same time frame. All I've ever advocated for is patience to build the foundation right and get this thing turned around.

Obviously, last night's results were not favorable to this argument, as even I believe it is inexcusable to be losing to Hawaii in year three. So to answer your question, yes, we all can and need to start holding HCMM to a higher standard each and every year he remains the HC of this program. As much as last night hurt, they aren't Lane Kiffining him, so I am prepared to hold judgment until I see the body of work this season.

12. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

Shout this fool down tini!

13. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

Yep...it is not MacIntyre's responsibility to have his team ready for the first game - you seem to forget that we were playing Hawaii last night. A team that was not suppose to have a good Dline. Utah looked ready to play last night.

14. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

Walking through the El Paso with my CU tee on and an old lady points at me through a crowd and says, "I'm sorry."

15. Clean Undies

Just curious. Were you drinking an Arnold Palmer at the time?

Creebuzz, KyleM. and HuskerHater like this.
  16. Hawk Love

Hawk Love Member

Same thing just happened to me down at "Taste of Colorado," but it was a homeless guy! How sad is that?!

aghcsm likes this.
  17. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

I wasn't. Although that sounds pretty good after being up til 4 cursing at macintyre.

18. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

I hope we see something better than last night's effort for the remainder of the season.

But yeah, I'm a big fan of accountability, and the buck stops with the HC when it comes to the team's performance.

19. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

Homeless people can't even tolerate this skiddy! Haha.

20. Clean Undies

I rarely see the homeless wearing Buff gear.

CU is so bad, the homeless give me spare change.

BuffPride88 likes this.
  21. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

Honestly, how do you have the energy to give a **** anymore?

22. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Yeah BnG, I agree with you. I gave MM two years because I thought he'd need that for various reasons, but no more excuses now. Last night pathetic, no other way to put it. It falls on him, and he'd better figure it out. So ****ing tired of watching Buff teams play ****ty football.

23. Uncle Ken

[​IMG]

24. BUFFS14

BUFFS14 Well-Known Member

The other thing he is missing is talent. We do not have the talent we need to compete on any level!

25. Uncle Ken

I'm pretty sure we had the talent to compete with Hawaii.

TDbuff and FlatironsBuff like this.
  26. Darian3Hagan

I haven't seen the game so I will take your word for it.

27. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

My 12 y.o. calls the Buffs the 12 stooges. I reminded him that FB only has 11, he laughed and said: "that's my point, they couldn't win with 12 on the field".

28. Darian3Hagan

You watch your mouth kid!

Hes right though.

29. BUFFS14

BUFFS14 Well-Known Member

I hope we are not making Hawaii the measuring stick of our talent level, and we lost.
    After what you saw last night, and the number of areas on the field we got our asses handed to us, you think we had more talent then them?

30. Uncle Ken

Yes. It's not the measuring stick, and shouldn't be our standard. But I don't feel as though last night's issue was related primarily to talent-deficiency. It will be when we hit the Pac 12, though.