What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Can we now start holding MacIntyre to a higher standard?

Yes. It's not the measuring stick, and shouldn't be our standard. But I don't feel as though last night's issue was related primarily to talent-deficiency. It will be when we hit the Pac 12, though.

I agree, we do have the talent to complete with Hawaii, not good enough to beat them unfortunately.
Our lack of talent will show up huge in the Pac 12 however.

This is directed to a large contingent on this board who always want to pump sunshine that Mike MacIntyre is some super coach. Nothing is ever his fault in the minds of some - it is the assistants (which he brought in), the players screw up (isn't the coach responsible for that to some extent), CU has been bad for so long what do you expect (then why are we paying him and his assistants $5 Million a year if we don't care) and so on.

I am not calling for him to be fired but I also think that he needs to be held to a higher standard than he has by most to date.

To me he is a WAC level coach (a now defunct conference) that CU is paying a lot of money to for him to learn on the job. He is not a great recruiter, he does not appear to be a great motivator, and I have not seen any great Xs and Os to change games.

He needs to figure out how to be better.

I dont think Ive been a sunshine pumper but Ill admit that the team under him has looked better than it looked under the previous two coaches.

That and $4.99 will get you a cup of coffee. Big whoop I guess.

Because he has been more successful Ive been willing to give him more rope to see where he can go. I'll reserve judgement until further on in the season. I dont need to tell him that the clock on his expiration date is ticking. This is a year I penciled in, after the coordinator change, that I would expect to see some improvement. I think Ive said before that he might not be the guy to get us there (but he does deserves the chance to) but when he leaves he leaves us in better shape than he found us.

MM has improved CU football from where it was...no doubt. One game, even if it was a must win, does not warrant some of the comments made. We also need to have our players backs. So enough of the disparaging about our 19 year old kids. However, a head coach must be held accountable.

To me the defensive coordinator was working with far less and found a way to have his unit prepared and ready.

The number of mistakes on offense indicate that there was a breakdown in fall-camp and the last few weeks of practice...a coach does need to be accountable for this.

No. I do think Lindgren has some innovations and could be a good OC. So he gets a few more chances.

He does need to be held accountable though. How is he executing practices...especially in fall camp? Remember our struggles in the first few games last year. MM teams have historically underplayed in their season opening games. How is MM executing practice?

Neinas should probably go. We have clear deficiencies every year with him.

Back