1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we run the Oregon offense?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by White_Rabbit, Nov 3, 2012.

1. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Obviously it won't be pretty at first considering the severe talent gap, but why isn't this the direction we should go? This offense would be amazing in Boulder considering the elevation.

Next coach please run this as your offense. Not some 1990s offense that is only successful when 1st round QBs are located on your roster.

2. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

I think they're kind of trying to these last couple weeks. The spread element of their offense isn't too complicated, but implementing a hurry-up isn't all that easy, as Embree found out.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  3. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

Even the NFL is moving away from the traditional west coast offense to a more college spread style. Embree is clueless

4. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I suppose having a QB that is a threat to run is kind of a prerequisite for the offense. We also can't really implement it in the middle of the year. We need to dedicate the entire year to emulating Oregon's offense and tempo.

5. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

I'm under the impression Wood can run fairly well. He's not Mariota by any means, but Conor Klien isn't either and he gets the job done.

6. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

I think it comes down to blocking initially. Bottom line is our OL couldn't open up holes for us to run against CSU. There is no way we are going to be able to do that against Pac 12 defenses.

7. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

Where are we gonna get the money to pay for recruits ...?