What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Carroll has reached an "agreement in principle" with Seattle

I better bump up Lofa Tatupa and Lawrence Jackson on my fantasy IDP draft boards for next season, now that they are reunited with their college coach!

I really couldn't care less what Carroll does in Seattle. I'm more interested in seeing what develops in SoCal. There's way too much talent there for them to just fall off the cliff. However, a long drawn out decent into the abyss of mediocrity would be a very pleasant thing to watch. The more they dick around with hiring a replacement for Carroll, the worse this recruiting class will be. Mind you that I'm sure CU would kill to have USC's recruiting class even after all this.

I really couldn't care less what Carroll does in Seattle. I'm more interested in seeing what develops in SoCal. There's way too much talent there for them to just fall off the cliff. However, a long drawn out decent into the abyss of mediocrity would be a very pleasant thing to watch. The more they dick around with hiring a replacement for Carroll, the worse this recruiting class will be. Mind you that I'm sure CU would kill to have USC's recruiting class even after all this.

I don't really mind USC all that much I guess, but watching any "power program" not named CU fall down a notch or two is OK with me.

I would expect that Washington and UCLA are in the best position to take advantage of any power lost by USC through the transition. In fact, I wouldn't count out the Huskies to take the Pac Ten next year.

Mmm... why are they not going after Whittingham/Peterson/Patterson? Those are the gold standard of rising young coaches. and all cheaper then Del Rio.

Mmm... why are they not going after Whittingham/Peterson/Patterson? Those are the gold standard of rising young coaches. and all cheaper then Del Rio.

I think they are trying to maintain their "NFL Player Factory" image for recruits, rather than a proven NCAA coach they would rather have a guy that can sell recruits on a ticket to the NFL and let their talent be the difference on the field.

Jim Mora needs a job, and he has a 31-33 NFL Head Coaching record (Pete Carroll had a 33-31 record when he came to USC)!!!

I think they are trying to maintain their "NFL Player Factory" image for recruits, rather than a proven NCAA coach they would rather have a guy that can sell recruits on a ticket to the NFL and let their talent be the difference on the field.

Jim Mora needs a job, and he has a 31-33 NFL Head Coaching record (Pete Carroll had a 33-31 record when he came to USC)!!!
other issue is that every single coach mentioned has sat, throught about it, talked to people, and told them hell no. Every "no" they get just cements the theory that USC is expecting a nasty NCAA penalty in the next few months.

Apparently Del Rio turned them down.

Here's the latest per USC's Scott Wolf (Think he's the USC version of Ringo):

USC's contacted Boise State coach Chris Peterson regarding its coaching vacancy in the wake of Jack Del Rio's withdrawal from the race. Peterson would be a big-name hire but luring him to the big city could be an issue.

I think Peterson would be a horrible hire for USC. They need the big time guy to maintain their image. They've created a bit of a monster in LA and now they have to feed that monster. Peterson doesn't have the pull to bring in the big time assistants they would need to have there to keep this thing going. They need a guy with NFL connections.

Highly doubt Peterson would go - he still has school age kids and wants to keep them in Boise for the family life. Now when the kids graduate, watch out he'll be looking to go elsewhere.

Kind of how we ended up with Hawk...he wouldn't listen to offers to leave Boise until the kids got out of high school then Cody is out and BAM! He's lookin' and look where he showed up! I know, Drew wasn't out of school yet but 2 out of 3 were.

Bottom Line: I don't see Peterson leaving Boise yet - plus he just signed that HUGE extension up there.

New name being thrown out there is Mariucci. I think that would be a really good hire if he is serious about staying in college football for a while.

I think Peterson would be a horrible hire for USC. They need the big time guy to maintain their image. They've created a bit of a monster in LA and now they have to feed that monster. Peterson doesn't have the pull to bring in the big time assistants they would need to have there to keep this thing going. They need a guy with NFL connections.

Sounds like they were thinking along the same lines. This will be interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4820737

Back