What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CB Jeffrey hall arrested

You've come so far, and yet you have so much to learn
As I put it last night when I was talking to my dad...

"The City of Boulder, while the people are very well educated, many lack common sense."

What I mean by that is that the people of Boulder, who are going to make a stink about this (and in no way am I saying what Hall did was right or anything...I actually think he's a piece of **** now), are the anti-athletics people. The people who are in the middle or pro athletics or people who actually apply critical thinking skills to football and what a program can do to help a University out are not going to be making a big fuss about it. They're going to understand that one player does not represent the entire football team, no one endorses this behavior, and understand that the only reason you heard about this was because Hall was a football player. The "dip****s in Boulder" are the people who think that CU should only educate and that sports should be completely emliminated, those are the people who are going to be making a making a loud fuss with this. Those people like to ignore all the other people who get arrested for doing stupid **** but like to make their voices heard when a football player gets arrested. I bet the homeless arrest rate is 20x higher than the football arrest rate, sure wish they would put their energy into that.

"The City of Boulder, while the people are very well educated, many lack common sense."

What I mean by that is that the people of Boulder, who are going to make a stink about this (and in no way am I saying what Hall did was right or anything...I actually think he's a piece of **** now), are the anti-athletics people. The people who are in the middle or pro athletics or people who actually apply critical thinking skills to football and what a program can do to help a University out are not going to be making a big fuss about it. They're going to understand that one player does not represent the entire football team, no one endorses this behavior, and understand that the only reason you heard about this was because Hall was a football player. The "dip****s in Boulder" are the people who think that CU should only educate and that sports should be completely emliminated, those are the people who are going to be making a making a loud fuss with this. Those people like to ignore all the other people who get arrested for doing stupid **** but like to make their voices heard when a football player gets arrested. I bet the homeless arrest rate is 20x higher than the football arrest rate, sure wish they would put their energy into that.

We should emliminate the homeless.

Last edited:
Is this the thread where I give parenting advice now?

doesn't your body of work here serve as enough of a lasting warning to future parents of the pitfalls of having children?

Strong showing by Hall. First, Lettow appears to be a massive she-man shot-putter with viking hair. Getting a D-1 heffer on the ground like that is not easy. I don't think I could do it without at least a tennis racket. Second, three Boulder police officers working together couldn't get him down. I doubt I could resist more than two. Third, they needed two Taser blasts to get him in handcuffs. Impressive athlete. Jeff Hall may have a bright future in MMA.

Strong showing by Hall. First, Lettow appears to be a massive she-man shot-putter with viking hair. Getting a D-1 heffer on the ground like that is not easy. I don't think I could do it without at least a tennis racket. Second, three Boulder police officers working together couldn't get him down. I doubt I could resist more than two. Third, they needed two Taser blasts to get him in handcuffs. Impressive athlete. Jeff Hall may have a bright future in MMA.

Ban this asshat.

Wow... this might be one of the top 5 worst posts I've read on Allbuffs. That's saying something, for a place filled to the brim with assholes.

That was shortlived:

:ban:

Holy ****. What happened to Allbuffs.

The reason I said you've got a lot to learn is because no matter what, public opinion matters.

Common sense, public opinion, human nature, and our own Buffs passion all play into it and affect our perspective. It should be fairly universal (with the exception of at least one douche who just posted) that what happened is terribly wrong and should be punished. Logic says that among thousands of young hormonal drunk college students, some of them will be a little imbalanced and this kind of thing will unfortunately happen.

When it is a football player that is here on scholarship the event becomes more publicized, and the public will always look for a "reason why." Of course there is no specific answer, just statistics and hearsay. Non-sports fans don't care about the athletics side of education and think of the players as prima donna's with too much testosterone who cause issues and make their school look less academic. We probably do realistically give them too much leeway, and say "boys will be boys" and always lean towards what helps the team. We even talk about trying to get guys in here despite academic/personal history issues as long as it helps the team get better. Both sides have fallacies Tangent: Honestly I sometimes wish I didn't give a **** about sports. We have no control over success and failure and it is a huge time suck when you follow it closely (the time suck and disappointment of the Broncos season was a prime example of why it would be nice not to give a ****.)

You mention people in the middle and pro-athletics will use critical thinking, but you should stop and realize that the pro athletics side of you does affect your perspective. While one person doesn't represent the whole team, the consistency that these things have happened and do happen is a bit staggering. The football players don't represent education in any way whatsoever, which is what going to school is all about, yet the athletes are glorified above everyone else on campus. In a lot of ways the "anti athletics" people have better "common sense" than we do.

As far as the homelessness argument, I get your point, but it is apples and oranges. I don't recall seeing homeless on campus, but obviously they are a nuisance everywhere else. As soon as a homeless person chokes a student, I'd imagine the papers will be on it like wildfire.

Any of you kids on campus hear about what the context was for Hall to go into berserker mode? Just curious.

Have there been any updates beyond the indefinite suspension? Statement by university, police, charges being pressed, girl physically ok, etc.?

(Don't feel like sifting through pages of OT posts on my phone.)

The charges as detailed are pretty serious. I'd rather a fair outcome be reached than just campaign for the easiest path to reinstatement because we could use him on the field, even though subconsciously I've had that feeling too because we could really use his experience this fall. But something tells me regardless of the facts that the Boulder DA and/or CU Judicial Affairs down the road are seeing this as a black-and-white "Football players BAD" issue, given their history, and that bothers me almost as much as what Jeffrey did.

There's always a few rotten eggs on any team, and I've heard a thing or two here and there, but I had never heard anything negative about Jeff Hall. I wonder what the situation is with this kid? This one episode looks really, really bad. I wonder if this is "out of character" or if it's characteristic of him? I was under the impression that Jeffrey was a good hard-working kid.

I'm all about second chances, but accounts from that evening were bizarre at minimum.

Back