What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CBI Line-up speculation thread.

Ahhh, yes. The "you people" post. You know, because everyone that isn't you has a collective opinion that is the same silly point you do not like.

You're not gonna ask me, "What do you mean, 'you people?'"

I should have just quoted blynch, I suppose, but I'd prefer to not directly converse with him.

Booker is a guy that his teammates respect but don't enjoy playing with. Seems like it's been this way since his sophomore year.

Appears to be a fun loving, popular guy on and off the floor, but that doesn't necessarily make for good leadership.

IMO - Dustin Thomas was also a guy that didn't inspire his teammates. Rarely had positive body language and his attitude was clearly not in line with what CTB was looking for. If you break it down, it's pretty simple - He thought he should've been playing more. He also thought he was at the wrong position. If CTB thought playing him more would help win games, why wouldn't he? If CTB thought he was a winning perimeter player, why didn't he play him there? The answer is simple - CTB did not think DT was a difference maker in either case. If he or the staff did, DT wouldn't be leaving because he would've gotten more playing time (or suggested more future playing time). I don't blame the kid at all for leaving... Especially if he thinks he's at the wrong position. But the bottom line is he's leaving because his self evaluation doesn't align with what Boyle believes to be true. When that becomes the case, it's best to start over.

Booker and Thomas not playing in the tourney gives the new group a fresh start. I think CTB is probably excited to start the next chapter. This tournament becomes more meaningful when you're coaching kids who are truly bought in (hopefully). Clearly these two were looking forward to their own next chapter as well, which is fine, but it's best for CU to play without them. It's seems like a nice head start to the off season.

Last edited:
You're not gonna ask me, "What do you mean, 'you people?'"

I should have just quoted blynch, I suppose, but I'd prefer to not directly converse with him.
What would be the point of asking you what do you mean - "you people" is a universal catch all.

Thanks for fine tuning your intended direction.

Recalled Boyle: “I said, ‘How are you feeling?’ He said, ‘Coach, I don’t want to play.’ He’s a senior . . . I can’t really comment; that’s something for ‘Ski.’ I respect it and we’ll move on. It is what it is.”

Tad could have gone a lot further to explain this and spin it to protect Askia. He did not, and left open a lot of room for interpretation.

I've been a critic of Askia's selfishness and frankly, I'm astounded by this move.

What would be the point of asking you what do you mean - "you people" is a universal catch all.

Thanks for fine tuning your intended direction.

I just like the movie quotes from Tropic Thunder.

Ski not playing is being extremely unselfish. He knows the CBI is for next year and is hopefully helping the program out by allowing the other guys extra practice and game time. His teammates seem to support him as well with their comments in the DC.

Ski not playing is being extremely unselfish. He knows the CBI is for next year and is hopefully helping the program out by allowing the other guys extra practice and game time. His teammates seem to support him as well with their comments in the DC.

I think it's a wash. Selfish for obvious reason but unselfish by allowing the team to grow without him. He also gutted it out and played hurt the last month of the year.

You missed the point. Stuff is always complex and simple when it comes to Ski. It's not an "or" thing.

Most teams have #1 through #5 positions. Only the Buffs had a sixth position: Ski. Whatever it was he felt like at the time, but none of it involved leadership.

He always sorta reminded me of that Belushi scene in Animal House: very carefully measuring the windshield of Flounder's car, then smashing it with a hammer.

Because Tad said "I asked Askia to do this for the team"? No. Tad didn't say that and he let it just hang out there in the wind.

Tad was very careful to not show one ounce of endorsement of this move. He had the opportunity to put a positive spin on it and he didn't - he let it flap in the wind and is baffled himself.

I can accept Goose or 'Nik passing it off as quirkey Askia behavior. But don't tell me he's sacraficing for the team - that's utter BS.

Because Tad said "I asked Askia to do this for the team"? No. Tad didn't say that and he let it just hang out there in the wind.

Tad was very careful to not show one ounce of endorsement of this move. He had the opportunity to put a positive spin on it and he didn't - he let it flap in the wind and is baffled himself.

I can accept Goose or 'Nik passing it off as quirkey Askia behavior. But don't tell me he's sacraficing for the team - that's utter BS.
Coming from one of the biggest Ski haters on the site.

C'mon, it's the CBI. Losing there is like a tree falling in a forest. Even if Ski was available, I would want Tad to play the players who will be here next season.

You've offered no evidence whatsoever that this is why Ski elected not to play. It's your opinion and you didn't support it.

I supported mine by what Tad did and did NOT say. It's still a matter of opinion.

You've offered no evidence whatsoever that this is why Ski elected not to play. It's your opinion and you didn't support it.

I supported mine by what Tad did and did NOT say. It's still a matter of opinion.
Tad said he wasn't going to speak for Ski because he's an adult. I get it you're a big Ski hater, it's no secret at all, and I think that's clouding your judgement. Does it really seem taht far fetched to you that he decided not to play because he knows that the CBI is for next years team? He's also been injured with his hip for a while, that could have also played into his decision. After watching Ski for the last few years, and talking to people who know him, he is not the guy to quit on his team.

Tad said he wasn't going to speak for Ski because he's an adult. I get it you're a big Ski hater, it's no secret at all, and I think that's clouding your judgement. Does it really seem taht far fetched to you that he decided not to play because he knows that the CBI is for next years team? He's also been injured with his hip for a while, that could have also played into his decision. After watching Ski for the last few years, and talking to people who know him, he is not the guy to quit on his team.

What I was trying to talk about before was Ski being an enigma wrapped in a riddle.

Easy explanation: light switch went off when Buffs lost in P12T to finish with a losing record. Mission over. CBI didn't turn the light switch back on.

Complex explanation: everything from wanting more time to chat with his wife to anything else I've seen. Any of it could be a part of it.

What I was trying to talk about before was Ski being an enigma wrapped in a riddle.

Easy explanation: light switch went off when Buffs lost in P12T to finish with a losing record. Mission over. CBI didn't turn the light switch back on.

Complex explanation: everything from wanting more time to chat with his wife to anything else I've seen. Any of it could be a part of it.

wait what?

If true, then Tad did him a giant disservice.

Tad should have announced that they mutually agreed that Ski would not play to both rest his hip and give next year's team a shot. Tad could have thanked him. Tad was very careful not to say that publicly - he clearly left the impression that he was caught off guard.

And if any other player on the team did this exact same thing I'd question it, Josh Scott or anyone. And if it was our Senior Leader of such a rudderless ship, I'd question it double.

I'd like to see them start Collier and Hopkins at the 1 and 2, Fletcher at the 3, Johnson at the 4 and Scott at the 5

As a big Ski fan, to someone largely critical of most things he does, I completely agree with this post.

Back