1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBS piece on MacIntyre and CU Football

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Jens1893, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

2. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

3. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

And MacIntyre says 12.

BuffStampede

4. BuffTE41

BuffTE41 Member

That comment section gave me cancer. The level of ignorance surrounding the perception of CU is remarkable.

5. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

If people keep repeating the same thing enough times, it becomes reality.

At the end of the day, the CU football program hauls in tens of millions of dollars each year from tens of thousands of fans who choose to pay money (or sit through TV and radio commercials) to cheer on the black and gold on game day. Football passion still exists dispite the neglect and mismanagement.

The Admin that drove the program gets a pass in that comment section while the alleged hippie liberal elitists of the People's Republic take all the blame for institutional and mismanagement.

Brilliant.

6. BuffTE41

BuffTE41 Member

It really is comical the way people think about CU. The hippies don't even go to CU, they go to Naropa

Also, does being in a liberal town stop Wisconsin from having a dominant football team? It's like people think you have to be LSU to be any good at football.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

We remain paralyzed by the fear of a repeat of the "scandal". That's an administrative shortcoming and has nothing to do with the liberal leanings of Boulder.
    I'll also add my standard cry about the piss poor job the school does at developing any kind of ownership with the students. Crap on people enough, and they'll eventually decide they're tired of being crapped on, regardless of how pretty it is here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

8. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Good point. Aren't a lot of college towns "liberal"? Boulder, Palo Alto, Berkeley, Eugene, Seattle, Austin?? Those cities have now, or have had, great football teams.