1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBS Sports College Basketball Predictions (All panelists with CU in top half of Pac)

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

2. 30Something

30Something Distinguished Brotha Club Member

"That is pretty impressive Matt Norlander, but can you stick your head any further up your ass?"

Seriously? CU is 6th and ASU 3rd? Huh....

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I hope Jelly body slams the pony tail on their home court. I really do.

4. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

CU 6th is one thing, but Norlander's whole list is random. 7th through 10th is just insane. I did enjoy someone asking the CBS guys on twitter if Norlander was drunk during his predictions.

5. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Norlander might want to read up on the Pac-12 a bit. It's not just about CU being 6th, it's completely poor rankings nearly throughout IMO.

6. 30Something

30Something Distinguished Brotha Club Member

I like how Gary Parrish hedged his bet by picking the Ducks at 2nd and 10th.

7. BuffTE41

BuffTE41 Member

6th? lol.

8. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Norlander and Gottlieb must have been circle jerking each other during the staff meeting.

9. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

At least Gottlieb has a little more reason, outside of the Cal pick at #2 (his brother is on the staff) so call it a homer pick, the rest is reasonable.

10. RealMatSmith

RealMatSmith Member

Haha my thoughts exactly. Only writers I have respect for on here are Rothstein and Borzello. Doug Gottlieb is out of his mind...2nd? lol maybe if Crabbe had stayed...

11. jwhite17

jwhite17 Member

Surprised Oregon is getting so much love. Maybe due to their Sweet 16 finish?

They lost all their good seniors and leadership from last year's team. Kazemi was the real reason for their success last year. Without him, I doubt they make the tourney last year. He was that much of a difference maker defense and rebounding. I expect them to finish top half, but I don't see them finishing no.2. I know they got Moser, and return their backcourt, and some other guard senior transfers, but their frontcourt looks to be a real weakness. Should be interesting to see how they handle expectations.

I think the Buffs can finish 2nd-5th depending on how well the new players integrate into Boyle's system, and if we can improve the assists/game number to average for D1 teams (last year we were almost dead last in all of D1!!).

12. CVilleBuff

Sweet 16 + Moser is the type of thing that leads to lots of preseason love. I fully expect Altman to have them in the thick of it, though.

13. CVilleBuff

-Note Oklahoma State being a near consensus #2 (one has them 1st) and Baylor being consensus #3 in the Big XII. I actually like getting Baylor right off the bat (as much appeal as a game against a Jackson State would have to start off). Scott Drew teams early in the season are vulnerable.

-Georgia probably is not going to be much of an RPI boost this year. That's perfectly fine. In fact, I want them to kind of suck. This schedule is loaded enough as it is. They're a .500ish team, IMO.

-AFA and CSU need to be wins. On paper we pull away from both, but paper doesn't take into account what a fired up home team in a raucous gym is capable of. I expect CSU to be a dogfight. Playing in their own ****hole will have them scrapping for everything. Don't do anything stupid in the opening uproar (you know, that situation of the Buffs on the road where we have 2 boneheaded turnovers and suddenly we're down 9-2) and then take over after the first media timeout.

-Oregon visiting on January 5th is not ideal timing with students gone. Must avoid early conference home loss. I'm glad to not be going to Eugene, but the flipside of that is there isn't 2 wins against the Beavs to grab.

-Beating Washington on the road is what a top 25 team would do.

-Don't like ending the regular season with 3 road games. Need to win 2 of those.

Goes without saying, but this is a rough schedule. That OOC is laden with trap games. This team is going to be prepared big time for conference play.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  14. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Dom Artis is still there, right? I think they will be decent again this year -- maybe not good enough for another sweet 16 run, but good enough for an invite.

15. CVilleBuff

He's there. Altman swiped a couple JUCO guys and Houston transfer as well (UH guy was appealing for immediate eligibility last I heard) in addition to their incoming freshmen.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013