1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceal Barry for AD

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by navybuff, Nov 26, 2009.

1. navybuff

navybuff Member

CU could be the trend setter.

At least that will make all the faculty, administrators and Boulderites happy.

There also would be no more illusions about the football team and men's sports.

They could all be on the same level financially as the women's programs.

That would be the right and fair thing to do.

It seems like thats whats going on now.

2. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Is there some story about Ceal Barry when she was at CU that I don't know about? Like, she was mad that mens Football got resources?

She was a pretty dang good coach... probably be a good AD :smile2:

3. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Barry was one of the most successful coaches in the history of women's B-ball. I guarantee she understands and cares more about winning then the brain trust we have currently running the admin.

4. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

She's got history with CU and already in the department I believe. I like the hire.

Navy, check out Chris Plonsky in Austin. She's an assistant AD there and has brass balls. Dealt with her several times before, and she doesn't mess around. Right now does a lot of branding and marketing stuff with that program, and by the looks of things has been doing her job quite well. She may make more there as an assistant than she would here as the head, but may want the promotion if she considers it one.

http://www.hooversbiz.com/2008/10/29/the-big-business-of-longhorn-athletics/

5. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I have a lot of respect for Ceal, but AD probably isn't the job for her. I think she also knows this.

6. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Maybe we should just go ahead and have the womens' volleyball team play in Folsom on Saturday afternoons and have the football team hold scoreless scrimmages on Tuesday mornings on Farrand before the band starts practicing.

7. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

Now you are talking. Then each week we can give ever player a trophy.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Would there be enough money in the budget for that? I mean, after we paid for the juiceboxes and orange slices... well, a trophy may be a bit extravagant. I think a nice certificate of participation would be nice (they can buy their own frames).

IDBUFF likes this.
  9. kingbaby

kingbaby New Member

:uglyhammer: