What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ceal Barry

slider

Hasta la Viska
Club Member
This is a couple years down the road obviously. But doesn't she seem like a logical choice if we fire Bohn? How would she do?

Of the people we know, Ceal would be the most logical choice. I'd assume that we'd go outside, though, and keep Ceal in place as the #2 in the department.

I think she would be a great AD and is learning right now. The only potential downside is that if she couldn't find a good FB coach that shed also be toast and like the Embree debacle sometimes it hurts to keep it in the family if she had to be fired.

I think the CU and Boulder community would embrace her.

Ceal is a very intelligent person who has never lacked for work ethic or dedication. I think she would be a great AD. She has proven that she can work with a wide variety of people effectively, the Boulder community would love her. She is good with the media and I would imagine with the money people as well.

The only question I would have is if she really wants the job. Ceal is dealing with some health issues (bad back if I'm not mistaken, somebody correct me if I am) and has expressed a desire to have some family time

The other issue is that she is smart enough to know that her ability to succeed in the job is directly tied to the people she would report to and I wonder if she has seen enough of Dr. Phil and Benson to decide that it isn't worth it.

On the other hand when Phil and Benson eventually leave it wouldn't surprise me if Bohn doesn't end up leaving as well. In that case with a new administration where she could create a better definition of the job it may be the challenge she wants to take on.

Ceal can do anything she puts her mind to.

She was ready to retire from coaching and move in to the Athletic Department. She was tired of recruiting. She was tired of no time for herself or her family. I communicated with her over Thanksgiving and she was on her way to spend it in Louisville--something she couldn't do when she was coaching. Her mother is elderly and can no longer travel to Boulder. I think that would weigh heavily on her mind, as Ceal's parents were great supporters and visited Boulder several times a season while she was coaching.

A head coach in any sport gives up a lot when it comes to family. Only Ceal knows if she would be willing to do it again.

There would be a lot of pressure if Bohn got axed to hire Ceal Barry. I think they would opt for someone with AD experience at a MAC school, etc first though. There is no chance they could go outside and hire someone with similar experience to Ceal without creating a crap-storm. Likewise with Matt Russell - his resume isn't close to hers at this point from an administration point.

The issue with women AD's is there are a lot of head coaches that will not work for a woman. It's a fact.

Have your people met Matt Russell? I don't see him doing well with the high dollar donor schmoozing.

I think it would be awesome if he picked up one of the donors, held him upside down and shook the money out of his pocket.

Back