What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CEC Improvements

Mmmm, no.
Well, I was half kidding, because the sound could definitely be updated. But band on 3rd down? Hell yes.
Wait, how did football end up in this anyways? FWIW, band for all timeouts at bball too. Upgraded sound system to nail the player intros, and occasional short timeout.

Well, I was half kidding, because the sound could definitely be updated. But band on 3rd down? Hell yes.
Wait, how did football end up in this anyways? FWIW, band for all timeouts at bball too. Upgraded sound system to nail the player intros, and occasional short timeout.
The band is great for the fight song, the "F'em up song", etc. but they do play music quite a bit in warm ups, as well as at various times throughout the game. I think having a great sound system and playlist is all part of a great recruit experience on an UV and OV when they are out there watching warm ups and the game in general.

Yeah, I forgot to post about this. I sat through an over 2 hour graduation at Coors Event Center a week and a half ago, and the installation looks nice and the sound was so much better than in the past.

Now RG, please extend this new working relationship with Bose to Folsom.

why? center-placed hanging scoreboards are a distraction IMO, of all the things to invest in for CU athletics, this would never hit my list.

Also, I thought a bunch of you posted in some other thread that concerts at the CEC were a non-started due to poor acoustics of the building itself.

why? center-placed hanging scoreboards are a distraction IMO, of all the things to invest in for CU athletics, this would never hit my list.

Also, I thought a bunch of you posted in some other thread that concerts at the CEC were a non-started due to poor acoustics of the building itself.
I'm not sure what your first statement has to do with the second. But lots of folks have been complaining about the lack of a center court scoreboard. And yes, the acoustics in the CEC kill any concerts there. They thought it would be a great venue for concerts back in 1979 when they opened the place. The Kinks and the J Geils band played there in the early 80's, then nobody since.

I'm not sure what your first statement has to do with the second. But lots of folks have been complaining about the lack of a center court scoreboard. And yes, the acoustics in the CEC kill any concerts there. They thought it would be a great venue for concerts back in 1979 when they opened the place. The Kinks and the J Geils band played there in the early 80's, then nobody since.

There were a lot of concerts there throughout the 80s. I saw R.E.M.there twice, The Cure, The Smiths, New Order, just off the top of my head.

Yes, Dylan played Folsom there in the 2000's. Not sure what year.

I've been a person wanting a center court scoreboard forever now. At least it's on the agenda.

Why not glue egg cartons to the walls and ceiling? That would help acoustics.
soundproofing2798.jpg

Crazy how you can see the old logo etched into the court there too...but those Flatirons are going to look awesome!

Crazy how you can see the old logo etched into the court there too...but those Flatirons are going to look awesome!
Are you suggesting that the center logo has the non-italicized CU? If you are, I think you need to look at that photo again. If you are not, I do not understand your post.

How long until they pain the seats black so it looks less ****ty on TV?
I was looking at those pics from the new Vikings stadium, thinking how horrible those lavender seats looked. Then I remembered it made it so much harder to gauge the crowd size on a distance or pan shot. I think I nodded to myself.

I was looking at those pics from the new Vikings stadium, thinking how horrible those lavender seats looked. Then I remembered it made it so much harder to gauge the crowd size on a distance or pan shot. I think I nodded to myself.

The 49ers understood this problem too. Sort of.

The seats are purple you pothead

Reactions: dio
Back