What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CEC Improvements

Just so it doesn't get like Moby. This looks classy so far.

I trust it. CU has been very good with uniforms and all the other projects. Refreshed the look to be more appealing to a younger audience while keeping it within the classic branding designs. From other things I've seen in the Champions Center and elsewhere, this stylized flatirons design is a unifying brand element that it being repeated on a lot of stuff.

I trust it. CU has been very good with uniforms and all the other projects. Refreshed the look to be more appealing to a younger audience while keeping it within the classic branding designs. From other things I've seen in the Champions Center and elsewhere, this stylized flatirons design is a unifying brand element that it being repeated on a lot of stuff.

It's hard to watch basketball games when the court is full of swirls. I end up watching on television or online and there is a lot of glare on those types of courts.

I do like what has been revealed so far.

I wish the seats would be replaced and also seat in the entire CEC. I sat in one of those seats for the first event held at Coors. Some of those seats look really crappy now and need to be replaced.

Small touches like this I would imagine make a huge impact on recruits when they visit.

That's a big touch for recruiting and even the feeling of pride our court athletes have when they enter. Before, the CEC weight room looked like it could have been anywhere.

Bryce Peters gave us a little sneak peak on his twitter

Co4WwvlUIAEulDX.jpg

Didn't link the tweet because CU might have him pull it. Looks like it is still missing the polyurethane coat on top. Nice looking graphic though, and I like the court border.

Looks infinitely better than the old design. I always thought was pretty meh. Mountains, CU wordmark, the clear border. Well done.

I like it!

And any Buff who unintentionally steps out of bounds should be benched for the rest of the game...

Clean and simple. Don't want it to look like CSU or Oregon. I can barely watch games played on those two courts.

A herd of buffalo would be too much, we don't need an obnoxious court like CSU. It needs to be clean and simple.

Yep. And the mountain image they are using is not some special design just for the basketball court. I've seen it integrated into the Champions Center and elsewhere. That stylized flatirons image is part of the CU brand now.

In terms of CEC Improvements, what we have seems to be the following:

1. Bose system installed (tested for 40 different configurations to make sure it can accommodate future CEC changes).
2. New court design.
3. New lighting system (installed last year).
4. Removal of those center court hanging speakers that looked like they were taken from the MASH tv series set.
5. Installation of rails (safety for fans moving up/down aisles & barrier to court storming).

What's coming seems to be:

1. Center court video screens & scoreboard (talked about, but in the future with hope for the 2017-18 season).
2. Expansion & renovation (date TBD with the following discussed: bathrooms & permanent spaces for vendors & beer gardens moved to outside walls of concourse as an outer ring addition). This would theoretically allow the potential for increased capacity and suites by opening up the corners that are now solid concrete blocks facing the court which house the bathrooms... and maybe going up with additional rows of seats with entrance from the concourse to the seating area becoming a tunnel into a seating aisle instead of having the concourse open to the court. Maybe leading to 12.5-14k capacity with additional high value seats along with better acoustics for concert events?

+ I want black seats that include cup holders and a black ceiling.

My CEC wishlist:
1. Beer everywhere
2. Jumbotron
3. Move Student section to sidelines
4. Black Ceiling
5. Expanded concourse

#3 can't happen without completely re-designing the entire seating area.

Because of that, I'm perfectly happy with where they are. Much better than the random corner we were in in teh early 2000's.

I would love to see an expansion of the concourse and movement of the restrooms to the outside of the walking area. Increase capacity up to 14k or so and have some really nice concession areas.
Additionally, it would be nice to have some kind of easy access to the arena from the practice facility. Taking a slow elevator or trudging up a narrow stairway is a pain in the ass.

Black seats need to happen. The student section being on the side the TV cameras face would be nice, but I wouldn't want to entirely remove them from behind the basket either.

Students standing courtside, looks better on TV. However they are so much more effective behind the basket.

5. Installation of rails (safety for fans moving up/down aisles & barrier to court storming).

What's coming seems to be:

+ I want black seats that include cup holders and a black ceiling.

Safety rails are needed. Some of us older fans now need them. Yes, I am talking about myself and I know I am not the only one.

Agree on black seats with cup holders and black ceilings.

Can CU afford to put the students sidelines? Wasn't that one of the reasons they were put where they are? So the sideline seats can be sold at a higher price than what the students pay?

Safety rails are needed. Some of us older fans now need them. Yes, I am talking about myself and I know I am not the only one.

Agree on black seats with cup holders and black ceilings.

We drunks need those rails as much or more than the older fans. :D

Back