What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Celestine leaves program

Guys, I can assure you that Hawk has made WR a very big priority in this class. Besides DL, WR is the other area where we have extended a ton of offers. He knows the position needs to be upgraded.

As far as true freshmen playing next year, who knows, but don't forget about Blackmon redshirting right now.

If J-Fly, McKnight, or PWill go down this season, even for a few games, will we need to burn Blackmon's RS? Maybe we should just do it now.

Guys, I can assure you that Hawk has made WR a very big priority in this class. Besides DL, WR is the other area where we have extended a ton of offers. He knows the position needs to be upgraded.

I hope you're right, but maybe we should have Friedman drop him an e-mail reminder just in case.... :cool:

Good point, and I had forgotten. Perhaps Celestine felt that he'd be better off taking a year off now, seeing the writing on the wall for the next 2-3 years here. I still hope like hell that Simas can get his act together and rejoin the team next year. We'll need him.

Simas getting eligible again would solve quite a few problems.

If J-Fly, McKnight, or PWill go down this season, even for a few games, will we need to burn Blackmon's RS? Maybe we should just do it now.

I think that might be a bit premature. We are thin but not bare.

15 Blackmon, Chance WR 6-1 175 Fr. HS Tatum, Texas (Tatum)
89 Bobseine, Peter WR 6-4 185 Fr. HS Duxbury, Mass. (Duxbury)
48 Crawford, Cody WR 5-11 175 Sr. 2L San Diego, Calif. (Torrey Pines)
37 Espinoza, Jason WR 5-8 180 RFr. RS Alamosa, Colo. (Alamosa)
86 Ham, Cameron WR 6-1 200 So. VR Haxtun, Colo. (Haxtun)
17 Maxwell, Ryan WR 5-9 185 Fr. TR Dana Point, Calif. (Santa Margarita/UC-Davis)
21 McKnight, Scotty WR 5-11 190 So. 1L Coto de Caza, Calif. (Tesoro)
85 Melton, Steve WR 5-11 195 Sr. VR San Clemente, Calif. (San Clemente/UCLA/Saddleback)
6 Simas, Markques WR 6-2 200 RFr. RS San Diego, Calif. (Mira Mesa) - ineligible
1 Smith, Josh WR 6-0 180 So. 1L Moorpark, Calif. (Moorpark)
4 Williams, Patrick WR 6-2 205 Sr. 3L DeSoto, Texas (DeSoto)

I'm guessing we might be leaning a little more on Espinoza than originally thought. Hopefully he doesn't have recurring injury issues.

17 Maxwell, Ryan WR 5-9 185 Fr. TR Dana Point, Calif. (Santa Margarita/UC-Davis)
85 Melton, Steve WR 5-11 195 Sr. VR San Clemente, Calif. (San Clemente/UCLA/Saddleback)

How many of them are on scholarship? Not that it means EVERYTHING, but it usually means something.

I will say that for the remainder of the season (injuries aside) we should be set. I thought Cody Crawford played out of his mind against WV, he had at least 2 first down catches on 3rd and long. We can worry about this after the season.

Pritch is a Vegas kid who is back here now doing some local radio. I think he is an announcer for the UNLV games, too, but I don't know for sure as I don't listen to them. He was the man at CU, though.

He was a RB in HS. When Bieniemy was suspended for the '90 Tennessee game for shoving a firefighter at his moms house, Pritch replaced EB and had 100+ yards rushing against the Vols.

He was a RB in HS. When Bieniemy was suspended for the '90 Tennessee game for shoving a firefighter at his moms house, Pritch replaced EB and had 100+ yards rushing against the Vols.

He was unbleievable in that game. The 31-31 tie was a real letdown though.

He was unbleievable in that game. The 31-31 tie was a real letdown though.

:yeahthat: One of the most exciting games I've ever seen, and it ends in a damn tie. It's like kissing your sister, which might explain why the Vol fans were so happy with the outcome... :cool:

All due respect but there's not a ton of speed on that list. I see a lot of Dusty Sprague 2.0 types. Fine player, hard worker, great kid, but not going to beat you with athleticism. J-Fly is the prototype for the kind of receiver CU ought to be targeting. When he puts it all together he's really going to be something special.

All due respect but there's not a ton of speed on that list. I see a lot of Dusty Sprague 2.0 types. Fine player, hard worker, great kid, but not going to beat you with athleticism. J-Fly is the prototype for the kind of receiver CU ought to be targeting. When he puts it all together he's really going to be something special.

We can make it through this year without burning red shirts with the speed we have.

Anyone watch Blackmon at any practices or hear anything about him? Just wondering how he looks and if he could be a key contributer next season. If he can be a solid player next year and Simas gets eligible (he will be a stud if so) then I am not too worried but if not then we better hope we recruit this position well.

Anyone watch Blackmon at any practices or hear anything about him? Just wondering how he looks and if he could be a key contributer next season. If he can be a solid player next year and Simas gets eligible (he will be a stud if so) then I am not too worried but if not then we better hope we recruit this position well.

What I noticed with Blackmon is how slender (read really skinny) he is. He needs to add 15-20 pounds before he sees the field. Think of a 6-3 Gardner McKay.

What I noticed with Blackmon is how slender (read really skinny) he is. He needs to add 15-20 pounds before he sees the field. Think of a 6-3 Gardner McKay.

:yeahthat: He reminds me of Phil Savoy when he was a freshman. Rail thin. But hopefully Blackmon can fill out like Phil did.

Man next year we're gonna be super thin at WR (we're talking spaghetti stick here). But, either way good luck to Celestine wherever he goes.

:yeahthat: One of the most exciting games I've ever seen, and it ends in a damn tie. It's like kissing your sister, which might explain why the Vol fans were so happy with the outcome... :cool:
I would sure like to see that game on ESPN Classic or somewhere....I was driving from Houston to New Orleans, and missed the 2nd half......

Back