What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Central Arkansas - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

I'v eonly watched the first half... and abron, whenever he didn't get hit as soon as he got the ball, was our best runner. Powell is tentative right now, and tony jones doesn't do anything. We need to get Abron more reps.

Powell is more hurt than I think the coaches are saying. Not enough to keep him out of games, but enough to limit his effectiveness severely. Deep bone bruise maybe

I'v eonly watched the first half... and abron, whenever he didn't get hit as soon as he got the ball, was our best runner. Powell is tentative right now, and tony jones doesn't do anything. We need to get Abron more reps.
I'm a little curious as to why Abron hasn't been used in the passing game more

Good - no injuries
Bad - punt/kick coverage
Ugly - Ralphie not leading the team on to the field

Powell is more hurt than I think the coaches are saying. Not enough to keep him out of games, but enough to limit his effectiveness severely. Deep bone bruise maybe
Or they are saving him for this week, potential for huge yards against this DL? deep bruises hurt

TJones avereged 4.7 yds a carry this last game
go watch the plays Abron did good things even when he didn't get good blocking. He did have a drive where lost 2 yards in a row on 2 straight carries thanks to 3 or 4 guys meeting him in the backfield as soon as he got the ball. I know TJ had a good bunch of carries late in the game, and hopefully that means hes starting to get things figured out. Excited to see them.

Last edited:
go watch the plays Abron did good things even when he didn't get good blocking. He did have a drive where lost 2 yards in a row on 2 straight carries thanks to 3 or 4 guys meeting him in the backfield as soon as he got the ball. I know he had a good bunch of carries late in the game, and hopefully that means hes starting to get things figured out. Excited to see them.
I keep waiting for Abron to break out, it's only a matter of time IMO... Hopefully this weekend against a not so good run D

I agree about the screens and Connor not running much. I wouldn't mind a zone read every now and again tho. If we can't line up and run the football, pretty obvious teams are gonna tee off with the rush. Screens, hitting the backs on short passes, and even throwing in some draws will slow the rush down some hopefully. Can Abron catch the ball? I'd think he'd be a good candidate to hit with some passes out of the backfield. Get him one on one with a backer out in space, might be a good play for us.

go watch the plays Abron did good things even when he didn't get good blocking. He did have a drive where lost 2 yards in a row on 2 straight carries thanks to 3 or 4 guys meeting him in the backfield as soon as he got the ball. I know TJ had a good bunch of carries late in the game, and hopefully that means hes starting to get things figured out. Excited to see them.

Tony was very good late. He got his pads north and south and was much less tentative. He hit the holes and took what was there. I hope that is a sign for what is to come because he does have the speed to break one if he can get to open space.

Tony was very good late. He got his pads north and south and was much less tentative. He hit the holes and took what was there. I hope that is a sign for what is to come because he does have the speed to break one if he can get to open space.

You guys who are bad-talking Tony will regret it at the end of the season! I know him personally, and everybody in the state of New Jersey for that matter. You will all pay! Diiiiiieeeee!!!!!

TJones avereged 4.7 yds a carry this last game

Tony Jones got 37 of his 58 yards at Garbage Time when CAU was finished. Up until the last few minutes he was averaging less than 3 yards per carry. I would not get too excited about the 4.7 stat.

It's a little thing, but that final 1st down that Tony Jones got to send the Buffs into victory formation was a great sign. They could have easily gotten lazy and let the defense and the odds seal the win. Instead the RB and OL fought to put the last nail in the coffin.

Tony Jones got 37 of his 58 yards at Garbage Time when CAU was finished. Up until the last few minutes he was averaging less than 3 yards per carry. I would not get too excited about the 4.7 stat.

I agree. But I also see it as something to build on that may have given him and the OL a confidence boost. At the least, they should be feeling good about their conditioning and being able to take over late. Baby steps.

I agree. But I also see it as something to build on that may have given him and the OL a confidence boost. At the least, they should be feeling good about their conditioning and being able to take over late. Baby steps.

I think the OLine needs to start moving some people out of the way. The backs have not had many holes and are usually getting hit at the line.

I have always been a big supporter of ToJo and wanted him to get the chances and do well. Unfortunately his individual skills do not match up well with the team he is on.

Tony has excellent top end speed. If they ran 100 yard dashes he might be one of the fastest 3-4 guys on the team. Trouble is that he doesn't accelerate like you would expect a guy that fast to and he doesn't make the quick, solid cuts that would enable him to get into the open field to use that speed. Multiple times in the last two games I have seen huge lanes that he could have gained huge yardage in and he was unable to make the cut into them or burst to them before they closed or he was dragged down. A couple of times he cut right into his own linemen and went down.

If it is a confidence issue or a comfort issue or a timing issue great, we could end up seeing some huge runs. Until it is proven that he can do it I'm going to be skeptical. We don't have a line that is going to blow open huge holes that last long enough for the ToJo we are seeing to take advantage.

Trouble is that I haven't seen anything from any of the other backs that tells me that they can do any better. The running game just isn't something we can count on right now.

I think it is yet be seen how much of the struggles in the running game is personnel related (whether it be RBs or OL) and how much is an adjustment to a zone blocking scheme. It seems in interviews with OL, they are still working out the differences.

Related specifically to Fresno, I don't know what to expect but I have more hope than I did three weeks ago.

Maybe with their thin secondary we see more 4 or 5 receiver sets forcing them to play more freshmen.

It will be interesting to see how the game plan unfolds.

Good - no injuries
Bad - punt/kick coverage
Ugly - Ralphie not leading the team on to the field

I felt bad for this guy, yowwwwa.
[HIDE]
512x.jpg
[/HIDE]

You guys who are bad-talking Tony will regret it at the end of the season! I know him personally, and everybody in the state of New Jersey for that matter. You will all pay! Diiiiiieeeee!!!!!

Thanks for the tip DOrrrrrnmac. :lol:

Apparently a couple of the card scanners at the student entrance were not working so there was a massive hold up for the students. It took me 20 minutes just to get through the line to the gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Apparently a couple of the card scanners at the student entrance were not working so there was a massive hold up for the students. It took me 20 minutes just to get through the line to the gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

They don't work for 50% of the students

this

after reviewing the tape, TJ had some solid aggressive runs, but had great blocking. Fast through the hole at least. Abron didn't get a carry in the 2d half besides one on this drive, and it went for a loss of 2 as he was hit as soon as he got the ball (wtf does that keep happening to him?). TJ got one more carry and did fine with it.

I liked how he ran on that last drive, but most of his yards came from the OL. Abron was the only one I saw all game that got more than what he was given (albeit only about once or twice, since the rest of his carries were horror shows of blocking). I'm hoping we see more from Abron. No reason we can't have all 3 of the rbs in the game at once, btw. diamond formation!

They don't work for 50% of the students
Its so stupid. Last year it worked half the time. One time it took them thirty minutes to get me in, I get pulled aside and their computers or something was down so they couldnt use my school I.D. number. Eventually they just believed me and let me in. For what its worth it will be better this year. My card didnt work because my card was used a million times to get into my room. This year in all the dorms (I'm not in one but have seen it) you just put your card over the handle and it reads it without swiping.

Back