What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Central Arkansas

They will have tons more speed.
And a much better QB who can run or pass.
And they won't be dropping passes.

Expect a tight one.

14 points is a lot. I think they will give us all we can handle. It will be a dog fight. Win this one and then get some ****ing payback against Fresno. That was one of the 5 worst cu performances in history.

They look well coached to me. Hasn't there HC been there for quite awhile? Might have been the camera angle, but their OLine looked a little small. Hope our guys can keep contain on their QB

Until our defense proves they contain a mobile QB/spread option, you have to be a little concerned. I think we win a tight one (and I will be damn happy with even a one-point win).

They look well coached to me. Hasn't there HC been there for quite awhile? Might have been the camera angle, but their OLine looked a little small. Hope our guys can keep contain on their QB

Our starting RG is suspended for the game...this is probably what it will look like

OL: Dominique Allen- Sr, 6-3, 295
OL: Kyle Stouffer- So, 6-7, 316
OL: DJ Appe- So, 6-2, 284
OL: Alec Willis- So, 6-1, 286
OL: Cole Caruthers- Jr, 6-4, 292

as far as effecting our playoff seeding, normally it probably wouldn't but with so many FCS over FBS upsets so far this year the committee will give the FCS teams more credit for those wins so it might be more important for teams to have that on their resume this year

I am happy to see fellow CU fans not just saying, "Oh, this should be a win." Like me, I guess we have learned there is nt such thing as an certain win and to give respect to our opponents, especially after seeing FCS teams beating FBS teams early and often.

Teams with directional names scare me (o.k., Central, is not directional exactly, but it still leads you to something)

Go Buffs! Don't let down after a great win!

Last edited:
I'm actually thankful there were so many upsets from FCS teams in week one. Between that and our game against Sac State last year, I'd like to think that Mac will have the players' heads right for this game.

There has been a repeating mantra of "Central Arkansas has better athletes than CSU". Is there any factual basis to this claim? I fully expect a well coached and disciplined team to come to Folsom this Saturday, and possibly better QB play. Where does the "better athletes" piece come from?

How is this team compared to last years Sac State?

From what I have seen they are much better than Sac State. Sac won...what....6 games last year? They were not but barely average at their level. This is a highly ranked team expected to go deep in their playoffs. I would not take CU and give 14. Call it aftershock of years past or whatever, but I am worried.

Just checked. Sac State did go 6 and 5 last year. Including losing to New Mexico State 49-19. New Mexico F***ing State. And then beat US.

Cetnral Arky went 9-3, with the only bad loss bein 49-27 at the hands of Ole Miss. Ole Miss would have hung 70 on us if they wanted.

Great. I am making my anxiety go up on Tuesday. Sweet.

Last edited:
Buffs will need to play very good to win this Saturday.

CU will get Central Arkansas' best game. This game will be Central Arkansas' super bowl. They want nothing more than to beat a BCS team. The Buffs will have to play every bit as well as they did against CSU to beat Central Arkansas.

14 points is a lot. I think they will give us all we can handle. It will be a dog fight. Win this one and then get some ****ing payback against Fresno. That was one of the5 worst cu performances in history.

Name the other four, please.....Sorry......NOTHING was worse than that. They were down 21-0 when they got off the bus! (DH's KU debacle has its own special place because CU scored at the end and had that game taken from them by the officials, just as at UA in BBall.)

teh "QUIT" was palpable. They quit on WB&CO so bad and so early, it was all Fresno could do, to keep it under a 100. All those WB expletives----wasted! That game was firing-worthy, as the KU game was for DH.

I keep wanting to mark this one down as an easy win but I have to remind myself that the other night was just 1 game and this is one of the top teams in FCS. Not only that, FCS wins over FBS teams are becoming more common with 7 on the first weekend. As if that's not enough, there's our recent struggles against FCS opponents. :cry:

this game scares the piss out of me. We have never matched up well with athletic dual-threat QBs and tons of quicks from their outside threats.

I think we have to score 45 to win. Hope they suck on D and we can just run over them.

Only 654 tix on Stubhub as of this morning. Pretty good indication of the potential crowd I would think

These guys scare the crap out of me.....this one scared me more than the goats honestly. Easy way for MM and staff to prove things are different---roll over these guys.

this game scares the piss out of me. We have never matched up well with athletic dual-threat QBs and tons of quicks from their outside threats.

I think we have to score 45 to win. Hope they suck on D and we can just run over them.

Our defense should be top 10-15 on thhe FCS level, and we have a DE and S that could be drafted when the time comes, but last year ole miss' depth got to us after we lead at halftime. That could be the case with this one so i guess we'll have to see

Our defense should be top 10-15 on thhe FCS level, and we have a DE and S that could be drafted when the time comes, but last year ole miss' depth got to us after we lead at halftime. That could be the case with this one so i guess we'll have to see

That's probably why we are scared. We don't have much depth.

UCA has a solid defense. Offense will score lower 30s on most teams. Speed on defense is very fast. DE is solid. LBs are fast. CBs like to stick to the receivers even if they give up the yardage. Redzone scoring is high. Most UCA fans can't say what they have because the last game against IW we saw a ton of freshmen and second/third string guys. That wasn't much of a game. We played 3 QBs. Starting QB Smothers is solid. Backup Tyler Reed, Arkansas transfer will step in nicely. WRs are fast, especially J. Wilson and 10 receivers will touch the ball during the game. 3 RBs will carry it and the Oline will find a way to open a small hole in the dlines, not very big but it eventually works. Can't wait for Saturday!

Name the other four, please.....Sorry......NOTHING was worse than that. They were down 21-0 when they got off the bus! (DH's KU debacle has its own special place because CU scored at the end and had that game taken from them by the officials, just as at UA in BBall.)

teh "QUIT" was palpable. They quit on WB&CO so bad and so early, it was all Fresno could do, to keep it under a 100. All those WB expletives----wasted! That game was firing-worthy, as the KU game was for DH.

I'll toss 58-0 Missouri 2008 out there.

Fresno is certainly a candidate for the worst. Probably gets my vote.

That's probably why we are scared. We don't have much depth.
I think our depth is plenty good enough to match up with a FCS team (albeit a good FCS team).

UCA will be playing in the altitude, at night, in Folsom. Our new offensive scheme allows us to dictate the pace and UCA will wear down by the 3rd quarter. With the big win over CSU this weekend, I think we see a larger than expected crowd. Students are more likely to show up on time to a 6 PM game, too.

They'll certainly put up some points, make some plays and put a scare into us though.

We actually have more depth this week than we did last week.

Samson and JT are back from suspension.

Vigo's a full go after being limited with the stinger.

Those are 3 key guys. And there are some other players that are being slowly worked into increased roles (Awuzie, Abron, Mosley, Greer, Kelley, Mustoe, Ross, etc.).

From what I have seen they are much better than Sac State. Sac won...what....6 games last year? They were not but barely average at their level. This is a highly ranked team expected to go deep in their playoffs. I would not take CU and give 14. Call it aftershock of years past or whatever, but I am worried.

Just checked. Sac State did go 6 and 5 last year. Including losing to New Mexico State 49-19. New Mexico F***ing State. And then beat US.

Cetnral Arky went 9-3, with the only bad loss bein 49-27 at the hands of Ole Miss. Ole Miss would have hung 70 on us if they wanted.

Great. I am making my anxiety go up on Tuesday. Sweet.

Not to make your anxiety worse, but they actually led Ole Miss at halftime of that game.

Not to make your anxiety worse, but they actually led Ole Miss at halftime of that game.
The difference in that game wasn't talent, but depth of talent. FCS teams are only allowed a "travel squad" or smaller size team than the home games. Add in the fact FCS teams play with 20 less scholarship players and Ole Miss did nothing to win that game but wait until our defense was worn out. I'll even say honestly our DBs weren't the best that game but this year the new ones are a league above last year's team. An FCS team isn't meant to beat an SEC squad, and that's fine with FCS fans. But add 20 more players on that team last year and UCA would have made it a field goal game with the Rebs. I think CU fans will be impressed with this squad. We don't travel too well, maybe a few hundred. Only brought 2000 to the Ole Miss game. Economy is hitting Arkansas hard lately with tons of layoffs and closings, especially in Conway. But I'm sure the team will come to play.

Back