What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Central Arkansas

The difference in that game wasn't talent, but depth of talent. FCS teams are only allowed a "travel squad" or smaller size team than the home games. Add in the fact FCS teams play with 20 less scholarship players and Ole Miss did nothing to win that game but wait until our defense was worn out. I'll even say honestly our DBs weren't the best that game but this year the new ones are a league above last year's team. An FCS team isn't meant to beat an SEC squad, and that's fine with FCS fans. But add 20 more players on that team last year and UCA would have made it a field goal game with the Rebs. I think CU fans will be impressed with this squad. We don't travel too well, maybe a few hundred. Only brought 2000 to the Ole Miss game. Economy is hitting Arkansas hard lately with tons of layoffs and closings, especially in Conway. But I'm sure the team will come to play.
I agree with the lower scholarship numbers, but it doesn't appear to be true that there are rules regarding travel roster limits when an FCS team plays an FBS team. http://www.bigskyconf.com/custompages/Code12-13/Football%20Regulations.pdf
FOOTBALL REGULATIONS
NCAA RULES
NCAA Rules shall govern football games played at all Big Sky Conference institutions.
TRAVEL SQUAD LIMITATIONS
1. When air travel and/or overnight lodging are involved, the travel squad limit for Conference,
non-Conference (except FBS) and FCS playoff games shall be fifty-eight (58) student-athletes.
The travel squad limit for FBS games shall be seventy (70).
(a) There is no travel squad limit for non-Conference contests (including FBS) when air travel
and/or overnight lodging are not involved.

I respect cent arky, but apparently they have no weaknesses, according to their posters here

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928

I respect cent arky, but apparently they have no weaknesses, according to their posters here

I'm reading it as polite defiance. They are proud of their team and believe an upset is possible, but smart enough not to predict one.

So far, all I have heard is how great every position is, how improved they are. It isn't like CU fans are sitting here overlooking them... We get it. But would be nice to see some realistic analysis of their team.

Hey, we're just an FCS team that has nothing to lose playing the Buffs. Add to that the talent and speed and we'll give you a good game, win or not. As for Sagarin, they have South Florida ranked 91 and McNeese State, who destroyed the Bulls ranked 119. Really? Sagarin sucks this time of year. FCS will usually be ranked lower than FBS, that's a given in most cases. But that doesn't mean its anywhere near accurate. As a fan I'm excited to see what our team can do against an FBS team, that's all.

It's clear that UCA is better than CSU, probably significantly better. I hope to see our guys come out fired up and ready for the first home game of the year. I also hope to see significant improvement from week 1 to week 2 (something we haven't seen for years). I think this game is going to be a battle.

I appreciate your perspective and information UCABEARS. Stick around.

Hey, we're just an FCS team that has nothing to lose playing the Buffs. Add to that the talent and speed and we'll give you a good game, win or not. As for Sagarin, they have South Florida ranked 91 and McNeese State, who destroyed the Bulls ranked 119. Really? Sagarin sucks this time of year. FCS will usually be ranked lower than FBS, that's a given in most cases. But that doesn't mean its anywhere near accurate. As a fan I'm excited to see what our team can do against an FBS team, that's all.
Looking forward to the game. If CU has learned anything about FCS schools, they had better come to play. Montana St. and Sac. St. have come to Folsom and won, EWU gave CU all they wanted in '07. What is the deal with the suspensions? I read one OL starter has been suspended and three reserves. Anything important? Thx.

Looking at their roster

So far, all I have heard is how great every position is, how improved they are. It isn't like CU fans are sitting here overlooking them... We get it. But would be nice to see some realistic analysis of their team.

They match us in size on the line. They have tall recievers. If our special teams give up the gashers they did this weekend, this is a game CU certainly can loose. If we've learned anything over the last decade, it is that there is no givens.

Montana St., Toledo, CSU, Hawaii, WSU... I could go on, but I don't want to get depressed or bash the program I am so proud of after last weekends win. Last week we beat a bad team. We looked good doing it, but also gave them hope on several occaisions due to our ineptitude on special teams. Wood looked great, but also threw a couple balls that would of been interceptions against Pac 12 calibre backfields. This FCS school is a football factory for guys trying to live a dream. Low academic standards and only one thing on their schedule, Football.

CU should be able to handle them. On Saturday we have an opportunity to see how sustainable the organization and discipline Mac brought to the team against CSU is. I'm excited, but I would not yet bet on CU at 14. I think they covered twice last season!

I'm glad the Buffs schedule the best of the best! Ha! I have seen the teams in the FCS that play easy schedules get knocked out of playoff consideration because of it. And really, how can a team get better NOT playing better teams? We've played Hawaii, WKU, Ole Miss, Tulsa (in their hayday of air it out) and some of the top FCS schools and we've gotten to see what it takes to be the best. Its a work in progress, but the fire is there and the talent is now arriving. We only started our transition to the FCS around 2006 and was on probation for years after that so our full squad hasn't been in place very long. I attended UCA when we won the NAIA National championship in the early 90s but it seemed like the atmosphere of winning was there long before that. We're coming to enjoy the game just like the Ole Miss game. If you have any questions about position players, feel free to ask. I'd love to know how our 6'6" 271lb DE Jonathan Woodard stacks up against the guy who will be blocking him on your line. I'm a 6th grade coach and I know sometimes its about the player matchups more than Xs and Os. And yes, I know that doesn't qualify me as an expert.

I just wish we were playing Incarnate Word...

Word.

I thought the point of scheduling FCS was you paid them a lot of money to let you pound them. I feel like we're getting ripped off when we set up payday games for other schools and they bitch slap us. It seems like we should be getting the Better Business Bureau involved.

Word.

I thought the point of scheduling FCS was you paid them a lot of money to let you pound them. I feel like we're getting ripped off when we set up payday games for other schools and they bitch slap us. It seems like we should be getting the Better Business Bureau involved.

Are we talking football scheduling or RalphMalph's sleep study? I'm confused.

Low academic standards and only one thing on their schedule, Football.CU should be able to handle them.
I realize you know nothing about UCA football. Let me enlighten you to our "low academic standards". The football Bears also finished with the highest APR (Academic Progress Rate) in both the Southland Conference and state of Arkansas for the third consecutive year. The Bears posted a score of 960 (of 1000), and are one of just two FCS programs to lead their league for the third straight season. Last year the football team had only a few players NOT graduate. One recruiting coach told me they not only look at a kids talent but his academics are huge too. When you move from division II to division I the NCAA watches to see if academics are being hurt so there was an extra tight reign on that aspect of the team. Just an FYI.

so umm, does UCA have any weaknesses? Cause apparently their corners will be able to cover Prich.

I'm glad the Buffs schedule the best of the best! Ha! I have seen the teams in the FCS that play easy schedules get knocked out of playoff consideration because of it. And really, how can a team get better NOT playing better teams? We've played Hawaii, WKU, Ole Miss, Tulsa (in their hayday of air it out) and some of the top FCS schools and we've gotten to see what it takes to be the best. Its a work in progress, but the fire is there and the talent is now arriving. We only started our transition to the FCS around 2006 and was on probation for years after that so our full squad hasn't been in place very long. I attended UCA when we won the NAIA National championship in the early 90s but it seemed like the atmosphere of winning was there long before that. We're coming to enjoy the game just like the Ole Miss game. If you have any questions about position players, feel free to ask. I'd love to know how our 6'6" 271lb DE Jonathan Woodard stacks up against the guy who will be blocking him on your line. I'm a 6th grade coach and I know sometimes its about the player matchups more than Xs and Os. And yes, I know that doesn't qualify me as an expert.

UCA - I was at Cameron University in the late 80's, early 90's - I remember Central Arkansas well. Between them, Carson Newman, Pittsburg State, Emporia State - there was some good NAIA football back in those days.

Is Conway still dry? I had a buddy who went to Hendrix College in the late 90s, and he basically paid for his room and board Dukes of Hazard style.

I think the altitude really factors in to this game. They will not be able to run the kind of offense they want to up here. My guess is they arrive thursday or friday which puts them right in the middle of the worst time period for altitude acclimation with symptoms of AMS starting between 12-24hrs at altitude and decreasing with in 2-4 days. We will see. We have tried to use the altitude to our advantage before with little success. Maybe this offense makes the difference.

UCA, Hendrix, and CBC are all located in Conway, which is in a, what I like to call "moist" county. :rofl:We have many restaurants and clubs that sell liquor, beer, whatever but no gas stations are allowed to sell it. Hendrix kids are too busy getting high and paying way too much for tuition to buy their own beer. Yes, the late 80s and early 90s UCA won multiple national championships and there were only a few dominant teams in the NAIA. Good days! If the Buffs have great receivers then they will likely get their yards. The Bears have traditionally played a bend don't break kind of defense but that has changed over the years to a tighter dline that disrupts the pass. Yes we have weaknesses but its hard to want to point them out to our opponents or even their fans. Can you blame me? But again, us bear fans have little idea what this defense can do with the one blowout game we've seen that featured second and third stringers. We'll know more Saturday.

There is a reason the kids are going to a div II school.

I realize you know nothing about UCA football. Let me enlighten you to our "low academic standards". The football Bears also finished with the highest APR (Academic Progress Rate) in both the Southland Conference and state of Arkansas for the third consecutive year. The Bears posted a score of 960 (of 1000), and are one of just two FCS programs to lead their league for the third straight season. Last year the football team had only a few players NOT graduate. One recruiting coach told me they not only look at a kids talent but his academics are huge too. When you move from division II to division I the NCAA watches to see if academics are being hurt so there was an extra tight reign on that aspect of the team. Just an FYI.

I don't want to argue with you. Your program is at a place we aspire to be. You are at the top in your division.

Every kid that I have known in a Div II football program was there for a reason. They loved football, but had a flaw that kept them off of the radars of the Div I schools. Academics is historically one of those flaws. Height, weight, speed, etc... also fall on that list. In the case of your roster, there are a bunch of guys that have Division I bodies on their listed heights and weights and speed. That leaves academics. You are a very good football school and come to Boulder with a legitimate chance to win. You are not currently on par on your admission standards with the Pac 12. Sorry, but that is reality.

Have fun in Boulder. I like the purple field, but would hate to play on that thing on a hot humid day!

Your team is full of gimps and retards. Go **** yourself.

I don't want to argue with you. Your program is at a place we aspire to be. You are at the top in your division.

Every kid that I have known in a Div II football program was there for a reason. They loved football, but had a flaw that kept them off of the radars of the Div I schools. Academics is historically one of those flaws. Height, weight, speed, etc... also fall on that list. In the case of your roster, there are a bunch of guys that have Division I bodies on their listed heights and weights and speed. That leaves academics. You are a very good football school and come to Boulder with a legitimate chance to win. You are not currently on par on your admission standards with the Pac 12. Sorry, but that is reality.

Have fun in Boulder. I like the purple field, but would hate to play on that thing on a hot humid day!

Your team is full of gimps and retards. Go **** yourself.

One of these posters should be in PR.

Wait, they're the Bears?

GUY ON A BUFFALO TIME.

[video=youtube;iJ4T9CQA0UM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ4T9CQA0UM[/video]

One of these posters should be in PR.
final-jeopardy.jpg

Our starting RG is suspended for the game...this is probably what it will look like

OL: Dominique Allen- Sr, 6-3, 295
OL: Kyle Stouffer- So, 6-7, 316
OL: DJ Appe- So, 6-2, 284
OL: Alec Willis- So, 6-1, 286
OL: Cole Caruthers- Jr, 6-4, 292

as far as effecting our playoff seeding, normally it probably wouldn't but with so many FCS over FBS upsets so far this year the committee will give the FCS teams more credit for those wins so it might be more important for teams to have that on their resume this year

Can you detail the other suspensions for us and how you see them affecting the game?

Back