What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Certain students getting special treatment...

I've said it before, but it bears repeating. We should have reserved seats for C-Club VIPs. Both basketball and football. Dedicate a section of the best student seats for those who are willing to get involved, know the fight songs and cheers, get there early, dress up for whatever the theme is that week, help to get the word out, etc. Utah does this (so do some others) and it makes total sense. If you want the best seats, get involved.
Here´s the thing about this, those seats, actually the very front row are reserved for these kids and these kids alone. The kid in charge of C-unit (now has a different name but i haven´t been able to keep up with it all abroad) is a good friend of mine. I had front row last year because i participated in this. The people that put the newspapers on all the seats? thats me and my friends. The kids who are in charge of ordering the free shirts and swag for everyone? thats my friends. The kids who get the ¨Wind¨and the other free throw miss cheers or whatever you want to call them? Those are the kids sitting in the front row, these weren´t just some random jackoffs, these are the people that have paid their dues and thus DO get the front row seats. I´m strictly speaking about the very front row as In a month I´m gonna be the kid showing up 2 hours early in a pair of full blown CU scrubs putting the newspapers out on the benches and enjoying my front row seats. I honestly can´t speak for the kids behind us because I don´t know them and there may be some other reasons why they get to sit there. I will say though with certainty that the curly haired kid in the front row of the right section of the student section has done more for the student section than any other kid on campus so don´t say its unfounded.

I didn´t mean to sound defensive but I´m just saying as one of those kids, I can say with certainty that at least 10 of them (who are all friends and have worked together towards this) have paid their dues. I again cannot speak for any of the other kids as I don´t know them and don´t know what/if anything they have done to earn their positions.

Here´s the thing about this, those seats, actually the very front row are reserved for these kids and these kids alone. The kid in charge of C-unit (now has a different name but i haven´t been able to keep up with it all abroad) is a good friend of mine. I had front row last year because i participated in this. The people that put the newspapers on all the seats? thats me and my friends. The kids who are in charge of ordering the free shirts and swag for everyone? thats my friends. The kids who get the ¨Wind¨and the other free throw miss cheers or whatever you want to call them? Those are the kids sitting in the front row, these weren´t just some random jackoffs, these are the people that have paid their dues and thus DO get the front row seats. I´m strictly speaking about the very front row as In a month I´m gonna be the kid showing up 2 hours early in a pair of full blown CU scrubs putting the newspapers out on the benches and enjoying my front row seats. I honestly can´t speak for the kids behind us because I don´t know them and there may be some other reasons why they get to sit there. I will say though with certainty that the curly haired kid in the front row of the right section of the student section has done more for the student section than any other kid on campus so don´t say its unfounded.

UBL, you want front row seats? PM this guy and get in with his crew.

I don't know if it was C-Unit or not, but a few guys back in 2004-2006 used to hand out sheets of paper with the other teams Majors, hometowns, and embarassing information (like if they had 5 kids already, or "animal studies" was their major, criminal activity etc...)

when they would go to the free throw line all kinds of personal attacks were shouted out - it was fantastic!

Those were awesome...i remember a few that even had players cell phone numbers and listening to students leaving some hilarious messages on the other teams players phones

Those were awesome...i remember a few that even had players cell phone numbers and listening to students leaving some hilarious messages on the other teams players phones

I remember 'em too...I think they were called "Buffalo Chips" or something like that, IIRC...

What about the girl? Can we replace her with a better looking model?

I'm far removed from being a student, but I have no problems with reserving the front row(s) for groups of students that really put an effort into making the the student section what it's become. But, it should be well documented that the seats are reserved and why they're reserved and there should be a way for other students to get involved to earn the good seats as well.

I'm far removed from being a student, but I have no problems with reserving the front row(s) for groups of students that really put an effort into making the the student section what it's become. But, it should be well documented that the seats are reserved and why they're reserved and there should be a way for other students to get involved to earn the good seats as well.

Damn 1%. #OccupyFoamDome

I remember 'em too...I think they were called "Buffalo Chips" or something like that, IIRC...
Shappy (the PIC) actually tried to get these going last year and there were a couple for a couple of games but eventually he just became overwhelmed. In all honesty If Tante UBC or any student on here actually wanted to put forth the effort and try to ressurect these I´d be surprised if you couldn´t finagle yourselves fantastic seats for the effort. I´ll be more than happy to put anyone interested in touch with him and if you´re serious about actually trying to help out the student section and bring these back. I for one loved them and nothing feels better than getting K state kids to laugh at your well researched Frank Martin jokes. Seriously, PM me if you´re interested.

Bold and underlined part is absolutely key here...rep...

Shappy (the PIC) actually tried to get these going last year and there were a couple for a couple of games but eventually he just became overwhelmed. In all honesty If Tante UBC or any student on here actually wanted to put forth the effort and try to ressurect these I´d be surprised if you couldn´t finagle yourselves fantastic seats for the effort. I´ll be more than happy to put anyone interested in touch with him and if you´re serious about actually trying to help out the student section and bring these back. I for one loved them and nothing feels better than getting K state kids to laugh at your well researched Frank Martin jokes. Seriously, PM me if you´re interested.

If you guys get something rolling, let the AllBuffs mod team know. I bet we could help out with sponsorship and promotion.

This is the handout that's given to students in the Rowdy Reptile section at UF basketball games, where I went to grad school - this is produced in conjunction with the marketing department, so it's not quite as offensive as some of the old student-produced Buffalo Chips handouts used to be, but it's a great template if you guys want to start it up again...the back of the sheet also has reminders on the various traditions and motions that students should do/make during the game, which is great because it makes everyone feel welcome, regardless of whether they are a regular at hoops or a first-timer...

Attachments

• 171833_979570909983_10209707_52025055_7548875_o.jpg
    171833_979570909983_10209707_52025055_7548875_o.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 15
In all honesty If Tante UBC or any student on here actually wanted to put forth the effort and try to ressurect these I´d be surprised if you couldn´t finagle yourselves fantastic seats for the effort.

I'm not a student but if you increase the female talent in that section I'm sure you will get most of allbuffs sitting there.

If you guys get something rolling, let the AllBuffs mod team know. I bet we could help out with sponsorship and promotion.
I´m sure Shap would love that. I´m not going anywhere so if you guys want I´ll be glad to keep you posted on whatever info I get (keep in mind that I am in Spain right now and thus will be fairly out of the loop for the next 3 weeks). I know my buddy Lanky, who is also involved, cruises these forums every now and then and he might be better equiped to handle questions and things of that nature. I´ll throw a line out to him and see if I can get his input regarding any further info.

I´m sure Shap would love that. I´m not going anywhere so if you guys want I´ll be glad to keep you posted on whatever info I get (keep in mind that I am in Spain right now and thus will be fairly out of the loop for the next 3 weeks). I know my buddy Lanky, who is also involved, cruises these forums every now and then and he might be better equiped to handle questions and things of that nature. I´ll throw a line out to him and see if I can get his input regarding any further info.
Shappy and Lanky? Allsome!

Cool. Let's make something happen.

I didn´t mean to sound defensive but I´m just saying as one of those kids, I can say with certainty that at least 10 of them (who are all friends and have worked together towards this) have paid their dues. I again cannot speak for any of the other kids as I don´t know them and don´t know what/if anything they have done to earn their positions.

All sounds well earned to me! Nice job and we could use a few more kids in that unit to help out. Thanks for the effort.

Ok I'm am glad to know that those kids did something to "earn" those seats, but they are seriously slacking.
1. The buff chips thing was cool, we need to get that going again
2. They need to expand, make a Facebook group that makes them seem inclusive. It pisses everyone off that they get front row reserved for them and they don't have a chance to be a part of it, or start any cool chants or anything.
3. They need to SERIOUSLY improve the talent in their group of girls, get some actually good looking girls to sit down there, not Andre Roberson's weird stalker groupies. If they need help with that I could definitely help in that area.
4. I think they did it a couple times last year but they need to hand out a sheet with all the chants on it, or have a whiteboard that they can write chants on and show the crowd (I did this in HS and it works).
5. No offense to slappy and pappy but they need some kids who have influence up there. Kids that lots of people know.

Ok I'm am glad to know that those kids did something to "earn" those seats, but they are seriously slacking.
2. They need to expand, make a Facebook group that makes them seem inclusive. It pisses everyone off that they get front row reserved for them and they don't have a chance to be a part of it, or start any cool chants or anything.
3. They need to SERIOUSLY improve the talent in their group of girls, get some actually good looking girls to sit down there, not Andre Roberson's weird stalker groupies. If they need help with that I could definitely help in that area.
4. I think they did it a couple times last year but they need to hand out a sheet with all the chants on it, or have a whiteboard that they can write chants on and show the crowd (I did this in HS and it works).
5. No offense to slappy and pappy but they need some kids who have influence up there. Kids that lots of people know.
The guy come on here and give an outstanding explanation and you bag on his ****ing friends. Are you really that big of a superficial piece of ****?

The guy come on here and give an outstanding explanation and you bag on his ****ing friends. Are you really that big of a superficial piece of ****?

the guy did invite UBL and myself to join the group, so they are not really trying to get hot girls there. He should have said, if you and tante can each round up 3 hot chicks we will let you sit in the very back of the group.

Sounds like you should get involved.

Allbuffs MOBILIZE!
082509_0907_WatchPowerR1.png

This is why UBL isn't in the group, I'm guessing. Also, stop bitching, cause it sounds like you are now the kid with the job of handing out the sheets. :lol:

I've said it before, but it bears repeating. We should have reserved seats for C-Club VIPs. Both basketball and football. Dedicate a section of the best student seats for those who are willing to get involved, know the fight songs and cheers, get there early, dress up for whatever the theme is that week, help to get the word out, etc. Utah does this (so do some others) and it makes total sense. If you want the best seats, get involved.

^This^

I have always said that the first two rows of the student section should be reserved seats for students who earn the privilege. No problem with this. My only criticism is that it should not be a policy of arena security, it should be something that is established in advance.

See below.

Last edited:
Back