What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Certain students getting special treatment...

It sounds to me like there is something that has been established and that UBL needs to get involved with them to make it a better organization. Be part of the solution.

I think it's awesome that students are complaining about not being able to get the best seats...

Not too long ago, it was the CU alums complaining that there were no students at our games...

Ok I'm am glad to know that those kids did something to "earn" those seats, but they are seriously slacking.
1. The buff chips thing was cool, we need to get that going again
2. They need to expand, make a Facebook group that makes them seem inclusive. It pisses everyone off that they get front row reserved for them and they don't have a chance to be a part of it, or start any cool chants or anything.
3. They need to SERIOUSLY improve the talent in their group of girls, get some actually good looking girls to sit down there, not Andre Roberson's weird stalker groupies. If they need help with that I could definitely help in that area.
4. I think they did it a couple times last year but they need to hand out a sheet with all the chants on it, or have a whiteboard that they can write chants on and show the crowd (I did this in HS and it works).
5. No offense to slappy and pappy but they need some kids who have influence up there. Kids that lots of people know.

Again man, I'm not in charge I'm just relaying what information I had. I extended an olive branch and offered you a way to get directly in contact with the kid in charge yet you seem more content to just sit here and bitch about what you see wrong with the group instead of actually responding to me because that would actually take some effort. I agree with you on some of your sentiments, I truly do but seeing as how complacent you seem sitting behind your keyboard and bragging about how many hot friends you have and how "in the know" you are I have trouble believing that you'll actually do anything about them, like trying to ****ing help.

Again man, I'm not in charge I'm just relaying what information I had. I extended an olive branch and offered you a way to get directly in contact with the kid in charge yet you seem more content to just sit here and bitch about what you see wrong with the group instead of actually responding to me because that would actually take some effort. I agree with you on some of your sentiments, I truly do but seeing as how complacent you seem sitting behind your keyboard and bragging about how many hot friends you have and how "in the know" you are I have trouble believing that you'll actually do anything about them, like trying to ****ing help.

owned. rep delivered.

owned. rep delivered.

:nod:

The guy come on here and give an outstanding explanation and you bag on his ****ing friends. Are you really that big of a superficial piece of ****?

I wasn't trying to bag on his friends I was just saying that it was mostly dudes and the two girls in the front row are notorious for being Andre's stalkers. Like caught peeking into his dorm last year. I wasn't trying to sound like an asshole but I guess I did in a way sorry about that. Im just saying that the more good looking girls that are down there the more people will think its cool to be a part of it. I forgot to add that they need a catchy name.

I wasn't trying to bag on his friends I was just saying that it was mostly dudes and the two girls in the front row are notorious for being Andre's stalkers. Like caught peeking into his dorm last year. I wasn't trying to sound like an asshole but I guess I did in a way sorry about that. Im just saying that the more good looking girls that are down there the more people will think its cool to be a part of it. I forgot to add that they need a catchy name.
Duh. C-UNIT. Actually I hate that name.

Appreciate the clarification.

Ok I'm am glad to know that those kids did something to "earn" those seats, but they are seriously slacking.
1. The buff chips thing was cool, we need to get that going again
2. They need to expand, make a Facebook group that makes them seem inclusive. It pisses everyone off that they get front row reserved for them and they don't have a chance to be a part of it, or start any cool chants or anything.
3. They need to SERIOUSLY improve the talent in their group of girls, get some actually good looking girls to sit down there, not Andre Roberson's weird stalker groupies. If they need help with that I could definitely help in that area.
4. I think they did it a couple times last year but they need to hand out a sheet with all the chants on it, or have a whiteboard that they can write chants on and show the crowd (I did this in HS and it works).
5. No offense to slappy and pappy but they need some kids who have influence up there. Kids that lots of people know.

Just when I thought this tread was going from "fist fight" to "drum circle".....UBL throws a sucker punch. BOOM!

Here's my recommendation.

Step 1: Troll the Hill for 50 most popular people at the coolest parties. See who can throat the most beer from a 20' beer bong. I submit this may be a multi-week tournament, but it must be done. Put the good-looking, drunkest bastards in the front row and turn 'em loose. Everyone will follow their lead since the general student body wants to either be like them, or be liked by them. The AllBuffs crowd, or the dorkier students, can support the weekly crib sheets by 1) providing shocking and embarrassing facts for the students harass the opposing team with, and 2) sitting at least 20 rows from the court so they don't show up on TV and jack up our recruiting.

Step 2: Start alternate thread complaining that good-looking, drunk bastards in the front row are spending more time texting friends about after-hours parties than getting the student section properly jacked.

Step 3: F it. Let's put some hippies up there.

Step 4: Repeat

Sorry I was writing a response before you posted this trying to explain that I wasn't trying to sound like as asshole and I realized that after I posted it. And I wasn't trying to say I am the person who knows everyone and I should be the leader Im just saying that for it to work thats what needs to happen, whether its some frat guys or whoever. Again sorry for the tone of my post I wasn't trying to say your friends are ugly or lame or whatever I was just saying there needs to be more girls more guys and just more people that are part of it. It just seems very exclusive to me and a lot of other people I have heard talk about it. If my help is welcomed I would be open to helping out.

Sorry I was writing a response before you posted this trying to explain that I wasn't trying to sound like as asshole and I realized that after I posted it. And I wasn't trying to say I am the person who knows everyone and I should be the leader Im just saying that for it to work thats what needs to happen, whether its some frat guys or whoever. Again sorry for the tone of my post I wasn't trying to say your friends are ugly or lame or whatever I was just saying there needs to be more girls more guys and just more people that are part of it. It just seems very exclusive to me and a lot of other people I have heard talk about it. If my help is welcomed I would be open to helping out.

so first you complain they need hot chicks and then you want to fill it out with frat guys.

so first you complain they need hot chicks and then you want to fill it out with frat guys.

The point is they need to have everybody. Frat guys, Hot chicks, extremely passionate fans (which is what they have now) all of em. Right now its condensed into one group of friends that really love buffs basketball, which is a good start. Just need to expand a bit.

Sent you a PM

Just when I thought this tread was going from "fist fight" to "drum circle".....UBL throws a sucker punch. BOOM!

Here's my recommendation.

Step 1: Troll the Hill for 50 most popular people at the coolest parties. See who can throat the most beer from a 20' beer bong. I submit this may be a multi-week tournament, but it must be done. Put the good-looking, drunkest bastards in the front row and turn 'em loose. Everyone will follow their lead since the general student body wants to either be like them, or be liked by them. The AllBuffs crowd, or the dorkier students, can support the weekly crib sheets by 1) providing shocking and embarrassing facts for the students harass the opposing team with, and 2) sitting at least 20 rows from the court so they don't show up on TV and jack up our recruiting.

Step 2: Start alternate thread complaining that good-looking, drunk bastards in the front row are spending more time texting friends about after-hours parties than getting the student section properly jacked.

Step 3: F it. Let's put some hippies up there.

Step 4: Repeat
redundant? :lol:

To be fair, the rest of the area is also slacking. There are no frat guys and precious few hot chicks. All we have is a bunch of old people who bitch. What can we do?!?

owned. rep delivered.

From henceforth BoomNog shall be known as BoomGoestheDynamiteNog.

EDIT* This was in response to Darth Snow saying the named sucked
EDIT 2* PM recieved and appreciated. we're all on the same page here and just want the to give the keg a gnarly home court advantage.

100% agree. It blows and it was outdated back in 2004. To my knowledge it was changed at the start of this season and I don't even know what they changed it to. However, you've all made it clear that some form of word/involvement opportunities need to get out there. I've reached out to my friends and let it be known and if they have common sense they will respond.

Last edited:

Ole!

EDIT* This was in response to Darth Snow saying the named sucked
EDIT 2* PM recieved and appreciated. we're all on the same page here and just want the to give the keg a gnarly home court advantage.

100% agree. It blows and it was outdated back in 2004. To my knowledge it was changed at the start of this season and I don't even know what they changed it to. However, you've all made it clear that some form of word/involvement opportunities need to get out there. I've reached out to my friends and let it be known and if they have common sense they will respond.
Shappy or Lanky?

I was part of the original c-Unit (still have the t-shirt some where). I made friends with the guys and eventually they reserved seats for us and such. It was mostly started to try and get the fanbase reinvigorated and get more students to the game during the down years. The founder and friends graduated and I believe it was passed to a sibling. Last time I was in town I didn't see the c-unit or reincarnation of it so I assume it faded away. I'm glad its around in some form.

The guys were pretty, cool, nice down to earth guys even though some thought they were too "fratty". They were passionate and cared about basketball. The goal was to follow the example of kansas, UNC and Duke. I don't know any of the people now so I can't speak to them.

There is a facebook group, or was...It looks like it hasn't been updated since 2009. This might be a good place to start to gather support again or get the word out. Its listed under C-unit (I know people aren't happy with the name).

Fbook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2200568774
B
log: http://coloradoc-unit.blogspot.com/

Hey all,

I'm "Lanky" as BoomNog mentioned before. First off I want to say that we welcome any and all help, the group that helps put out the papers and such are all seniors now so we're looking for some young blood to help out, so pm me if that's the case. Also Buffnik some sort of deal with AllBuffs would be great typically we've tried to go through CU Marketing but we're having issues ummm...seeing eye to eye. As far as naming goes we tried to change the name two years ago to Buffalo Soldiers but CU Marketing shot that down since its too racially insensitive. We were told to change the name a few days before the first game this year so we don't really have one...feel free to suggest. Also we typically only take the first row next to the visitors bench...there's a few other people that sit behind us that have been going to games and cheering their butts off for the last 4 years as well plus they help with papers so that's where those reserved seats come from. Feel free to recommend anything you think will make the student section better...the biggest issue is always getting approval from CU Marketing.

Hey all,

I'm "Lanky" as BoomNog mentioned before. First off I want to say that we welcome any and all help, the group that helps put out the papers and such are all seniors now so we're looking for some young blood to help out, so pm me if that's the case. Also Buffnik some sort of deal with AllBuffs would be great typically we've tried to go through CU Marketing but we're having issues ummm...seeing eye to eye. As far as naming goes we tried to change the name two years ago to Buffalo Soldiers but CU Marketing shot that down since its too racially insensitive. We were told to change the name a few days before the first game this year so we don't really have one...feel free to suggest. Also we typically only take the first row next to the visitors bench...there's a few other people that sit behind us that have been going to games and cheering their butts off for the last 4 years as well plus they help with papers so that's where those reserved seats come from. Feel free to recommend anything you think will make the student section better...the biggest issue is always getting approval from CU Marketing.

Why do you have to get approval from CU marketing? Are they providing money?

A good name would be "The Foam"

I don't see why you would need approval from CU marketing. You're an independent group of students.

CU has an annoying habit of sucking all the creative energy out of any organic fan movement. It's maddening.

Back