1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CFN/Scout: Instant analysis of last nights game

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by TheRoyale90, Oct 2, 2009.

1. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

2. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Was he just reading our posts?

3. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

"But more than the apparent talent gap is the inability to come up with the big plays needed to change games. Good teams make their own breaks, and every time there's something big and important happening in a Colorado game, it's almost always happening for the other team. As good as Stewart was this week, he wasn't Noel Devine. Even though the Buffs came up with four takeaways, they didn't seem to hurt as much as the three interceptions. When the Buffs needed a clutch field goal, unlike last year in the overtime win over the Mountaineers, Aric Goodman didn't come through."

I thought that the above was a pretty good paragraph.

4. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

I thought this one was pretty scathing:

"for the record, Colorado just doesn’t have A-list, big-boy-table talent to compete at the highest levels of the Big 12. West Virginia owned a tougher line, faster setbacks, and a defensive front that could generate more pressure. But if recruiting—and not necessarily Xs and Os—is the main problem in Boulder, it doesn’t change the bottom-line reality: Dan Hawkins, a decent man in a cutthroat profession, hasn’t done his job well, and shows no signs of emerging from his present-day struggles."