What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CFP Thread: Oregon vs Ohio State

You cannot pretend the 3rd quarter meltdown by FSU was all Oregon, but it was not a fluke either. The two teams have been opposites in turnover margin all season and it came to a head in the Rose Bowl.

Oregon is like a basketball team that presses and plays fast paced. You can hang around, but once you slip up and that crack opens... before you know it they turned it into a 15-0 run and the game is a blowout. Ducks do that on the football field. FSU cracked and for the first time this year were facing an opponent that was merciless.

Oregon is like a basketball team that presses and plays fast paced. You can hang around, but once you slip up and that crack opens... before you know it they turned it into a 15-0 run and the game is a blowout. Ducks do that on the football field. FSU cracked and for the first time this year were facing an opponent that was merciless.
Yup. Their mediocre scoring defense numbers support this. They take chances to create that exact situation.

Watching PTI today, they said that the rule with the NCAA gives Ohio State an unfair advantage in game prep. Apparently, OSU has no limitations on the number of hours it can practice this week because school is not in session. Oregon, though, has started the spring semester so the football team is restricted to a maximum of 20 hours for practice.

They need to look into that for the championship week. Needs to be a level playing field.

Watching PTI today, they said that the rule with the NCAA gives Ohio State an unfair advantage in game prep. Apparently, OSU has no limitations on the number of hours it can practice this week because school is not in session. Oregon, though, has started the spring semester so the football team is restricted to a maximum of 20 hours for practice.

They need to look into that for the championship week. Needs to be a level playing field.

Utter bull**** if true. Don't fault OSU for playing within the rules, but no one at the NCAA thought this was possible?

Does UCLA and Stanford get more practice time early in the fall since they are on the quarter system?

Completely agree, but history seems to dictate that OSU should make it a ballgame.

An aside on Espin. Today they were running a radio ad for the championship game. They advertised #2 Oregon versus #4 Ohio State. It bugged me. Aren't they #1 and #2 now?

An aside on Espin. Today they were running a radio ad for the championship game. They advertised #2 Oregon versus #4 Ohio State. It bugged me. Aren't they #1 and #2 now?

No you simpleton. Alabama is still #1. SEC is still the best conference. Weren't you paying attention?

Just like in the FCS, it's not ranking, it's seed.

[tweet]553717083058343937[/tweet]

It's amazing that only 1 guy failed.

Stupid policy from the NCAA, too. Not a performance enhancer and not necessarily against the law. I'm having trouble figuring out why the NCAA thinks it's important to claim that there are no marijuana users competing in its championships.

They line up for the two point conversion after the first score of every game I've seen them play. They don't always actually go for it, but they always line up like they're going to.

It's annoying as Hell. Makes me want to stab a puppy every time I see them do it. It's arrogant, stupid football, if it doesn't work and costs them games. They get away with it because they're playing teams like CU (who, IIRC actually stopped them when they tried it this year). Ohio State is a different animal.

FIFY Which it doesn't! And there is a significant statistical analysis of college football that shows going for it on 4th down is statistically better for a team's chances than punting.....so what's your beef?

Besides hanging with "old school" thinking, that is. You want leather helmets and footballs which are more round and that can't be passed easily, too?

It's amazing that only 1 guy failed.

Stupid policy from the NCAA, too. Not a performance enhancer and not necessarily against the law. I'm having trouble figuring out why the NCAA thinks it's important to claim that there are no marijuana users competing in its championships.

You could also say why would Carrington think smoking pot is more important than playing in a championship game. I guess if he cant stop smoking for the football season then he might have a problem.

You could also say why would Carrington think smoking pot is more important than playing in a championship game. I guess if he cant stop smoking for the football season then he might have a problem.

Yep. Separate issue.

I think it's bs, take away the biggest game of the guys life for smoking a little. Appeal denied too I heard. Might have been a dumb decision on his part but come on man.

I think it's bs, take away the biggest game of the guys life for smoking a little. Appeal denied too I heard. Might have been a dumb decision on his part but come on man.

Every player knows the rules and it is banned by the NCAA he is a dumb **** for not stopping. No different than if he is an employee for a company who
makes you take drug tests to work for them. If he wants to smoke pot that's his choice but not during the season if you know you could be tested.

Every player knows the rules and it is banned by the NCAA he is a dumb **** for not stopping. No different than if he is an employee for a company who
makes you take drug tests to work for them. If he wants to smoke pot that's his choice but not during the season if you know you could be tested.
Fair enough, I just don't agree with it.

Isn't weed legal in Oregon?

Doesn't matter. Weed is illegal at the national level and the NCAA is a national level organization.

Regardless, with respect to the NC, Darren Carrington is a sitting Duck.

I was listening to some local clown on 102.3 interviewing a CFB "expert" today and his first question was "what advantage, if any, will Oregon have at QB?" Now come on, Cardale Jones is a great story and has been on a roll, but to ask if UO would have ANY advantage with the Heisman trophy winner at QB, is just plain stupid. I guess the media has convinced themselves that OSU is winning on Monday.

Back