1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charles Baker lands at Campbell University

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Charles Baker named assistant men's basketball coach

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]BUIES CREEK, N.C. - Charles Baker has been named assistant men's basketball coach at Campbell University, head coach Robbie Laing announced on Thursday. Baker, who brings two decades of coaching experience to the job, has worked the last two years at the University of Colorado.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Baker's Big-12 Conference experience also includes six years at Kansas State (2000-06), where he served on the same staff as Coach Laing before he was hired by Campbell in April 2003.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"I'm really pleased to have Charles on our staff here at Campbell," said Laing, who is entering his seventh year in charge of the Fighting Camels. "Not only does Charles bring a wealth of experience at the highest level of college basketball to our team, he is a close friend who knows how I want to run our program. Having Charles join our staff with Brian Burg and Michael Slonaker gives me a great comfort level. I'm more at ease with our entire staff and its capabilities than at any other time during my tenure at Campbell."

http://www.gocamels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15300&ATCLID=204796450
    [/FONT]

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'm sure he was just glad to find a job before the season started.

3. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Fighting Camels? Allsome.

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

interesting that the USC move is not mentioned in the PR release. "last two years" at CU.

not: "coach baker was at USC working for cheater Tim Floyd".

5. Gum San

Gum San Guest

CHEATERS??? AT U$C???? I'm shocked, shocked at such revelation!:wow: