1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charles Johnson

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Sep 30, 2010.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

OK, I'm trying to get my hands around what CU does for the AD and the fact that he hosts a radio show that, at times, is openly critical of the head football coach. The AD directory lists CJ as "Assistant Athletic Director / External Responsibilities." So, I assume he does stuff with the public, probably has a big roll in the reunion, etc. He is also pretty careful on his show not to be overly critical like his co-host.

What is your take on CJ working for the AD and, at the same time, haveing a radio show? I really like it but also realize he sometimes treads on a slippery slope.

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I think most people know CJ loves CU. And considering how much he's done for the school, that gives him a pass to voice his opinion every now and then. Even if it's critical of the school. jmho.

BTW, If you've never met CJ, he's one of the most down to earth people you'll ever meet. Great guy. We're lucky to have him associated with the AD.

3. bombay

bombay Well-Known Member

I love CJ, and I think he does as well as is humanly possible at his balancing act.

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

CJ rocks...and I'll fight any man who says otherwise....

5. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

CJ does a great job. Even though he is employed by CU, in the business of football, I feel you can still be openly critical if it is warranted. You just need to be careful how far you go. Although he may be in a tough position, he balances it well.

Thank you for everything you have done for CU, CJ!

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

CJ is OK by me. The dude has walked the walk. He has a difficult job with two, sometimes conflicting job responsibilities. I think he handles it as well as can be expected. Plus, if there's guy in the media who lives and dies with the Buffs as much as I do, it's CJ. The passion he has for Buffalo Football is obvious.