What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Charles Johnson

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
OK, I'm trying to get my hands around what CU does for the AD and the fact that he hosts a radio show that, at times, is openly critical of the head football coach. The AD directory lists CJ as "Assistant Athletic Director / External Responsibilities." So, I assume he does stuff with the public, probably has a big roll in the reunion, etc. He is also pretty careful on his show not to be overly critical like his co-host.

What is your take on CJ working for the AD and, at the same time, haveing a radio show? I really like it but also realize he sometimes treads on a slippery slope.

I think most people know CJ loves CU. And considering how much he's done for the school, that gives him a pass to voice his opinion every now and then. Even if it's critical of the school. jmho.

BTW, If you've never met CJ, he's one of the most down to earth people you'll ever meet. Great guy. We're lucky to have him associated with the AD.

CJ does a great job. Even though he is employed by CU, in the business of football, I feel you can still be openly critical if it is warranted. You just need to be careful how far you go. Although he may be in a tough position, he balances it well.

Thank you for everything you have done for CU, CJ!

CJ is OK by me. The dude has walked the walk. He has a difficult job with two, sometimes conflicting job responsibilities. I think he handles it as well as can be expected. Plus, if there's guy in the media who lives and dies with the Buffs as much as I do, it's CJ. The passion he has for Buffalo Football is obvious.

Back