What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Charleston Classic Bracket

Good bracket for the RPI. No real complaints (other than TV. ESPN3 does me no good at work).

That looks to me like Baylor got the 1 seed and we drew the 4/5 matchup (with CU getting the 5 seed).

That looks to me like Baylor got the 1 seed and we drew the 4/5 matchup (with CU getting the 5 seed).

Just for the hell of it.... Last season's KenPom rankings:

17.) Baylor (vs BC)
45.) Murray St (vs Auburn)
65.) Dayton (vs CU)
74.) Colorado (vs Dayton)
152.) St. John's (vs Charleston)
153.) Auburn (vs Murray State)
161.) Charleston (vs St. John's)
259.) Boston College (vs Baylor)

Considering St. John's is supposed to be a lot better this year, I would believe you are correct.

I know we all want to get to Baylor, but it is going to be tough to get past Dayton.

I know we all want to get to Baylor, but it is going to be tough to get past Dayton.

Agreed. Dayton's damn good. Should be a hell of a match-up. Europe is going to be huge for us now.

I think Tad is going to have them fired up at a chance for some payback against baylor. Dayton may be tough but I think we will win it. Baylor disrespected us, and as we saw last year with the preseason polls the buffs don't take kindly to disrespect

per ESPN:

Dayton vs. Colorado. Of the four first-round games, this is probably the only one where both teams have the potential to earn NCAA tournament at-large berths. Colorado touts a potential lottery pick in forward Andre Roberson, who ranked fourth in the country in rebounding last season with 11.1 boards per game. Dayton returns three of its top five scorers, including Josh Benson, who missed the second half of last season with a knee injury.

Dayton has some good players and are well coached. They had a 1st round loss to Iowa in the NIT tourney last year.

The only matchup I don't want to see is Murray State versus Baylor. My tv might never recover from the funky color combinations

Keep in mind that Dayton's head coach is Archie Miller (Sean's brother). The little twerp used to play at NCSU a decade ago.

They're a solid program. Went 20-12 (9-7) and got knocked out the NIT 1st Round last year (Archie's first season).

Keep in mind that Dayton's head coach is Archie Miller (Sean's brother). The little twerp used to play at NCSU a decade ago.

They're a solid program. Went 20-12 (9-7) and got knocked out the NIT 1st Round last year (Archie's first season).

Looks like they warm up with Arkansas St. This seems to be a really early tournament so they are a bit unpredictable. I would probably look for a team that returns a ton of starters or plays good defense to win it all.

Looks like they warm up with Arkansas St. This seems to be a really early tournament so they are a bit unpredictable. I would probably look for a team that returns a ton of starters or plays good defense to win it all.

Speaking of warmups, we'll need to be careful with Wofford. They won the Southern Conference (and thus went to the Big Dance) in 2010 and 2011. They play very good defense. Think Wisconsin. They'll slug it out and wear you down. Going to be a clash of styles. We'll need to be careful -- this is a little different than opening with Fort Lewis.

Last edited:
Back