What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Charlie Strong: 2012 Colorado Head Coaching Search Profile

So the guy who called us all "fairweather fans" and said that firing Water Bottle would be the "death knell" for CU football is now commenting on the coaching search?

You know, to all the folks who wonder why he would leave Louisville, you really do need to consider all the race things that have been discussed elsewhere on the board. It's deplorable, but the south still really is racist - and interracial marriage is a big deal to them. He's got three kids. Would you rather raise a biracial family in Kentucky, Alabama or Colorado? If it were me, I would accept slightly lower pay (as longs as it was in the ballpark) to go to one of those places...

Plus he has to know he can turn this around and look like Superman in the process.....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

You know, to all the folks who wonder why he would leave Louisville, you really do need to consider all the race things that have been discussed elsewhere on the board. It's deplorable, but the south still really is racist - and interracial marriage is a big deal to them. He's got three kids. Would you rather raise a biracial family in Kentucky, Alabama or Colorado? If it were me, I would accept slightly lower pay (as longs as it was in the ballpark) to go to one of those places...

He won't accept lower pay to accept the CU job, you don't make a convincing argument about bi racial marriage, motivating him to take a pay cut.

Last edited:
He won't accept lower pay to accept the CU job, you don't make a convincing argument about bi racial marriage, motivating him to take a pay cut.
shhhh.

at least strong hasn't told us "no" yet. This is getting to the "bizarre" after yesterday feeling like I was in the twilight zone.

Don't think that'll matter, honestly don't know why it would. He's already coached in the SEC for an extended period. Money talks, in this case in the form of salary considerations and facility upgrades.

I do not believe Charlie Strong is coming to Boulder. Louisville provides excellent support for their athletic department and no one in their right mind would leave that for a job at CU where the support for athlethics isn't quite the same.

I'm thinking Auburn is where Strong goes in this case but I think he would be better off staying at Louisville. That school really sticks out as a school that has really invested into their athlethics program. I don't want to be a downer but I wouldn't leave Louisville for CU at this point unless CU makes those facilities announcements.

I have a new *possible* theory. Given that the rumours are Butch J. was going to Purdue tomorrow and that he hadn't yet received an offer I doubt he has already taken an offer, especially given his team plays today doesn't it.

If we have pulled out of the BJ sweepstakes, is it possible that Bohn has been given the green light to up the ante with Strong in order to get perhaps his #1 choice all along and quite the critics?

I don't see Strong leaving Louisville for CU even if they pay him more money. He will be looking at a job at Arkansas or Auburn or Tennessee.

Strong to CU feels like the Manning to Denver situation. At first sight it seems there is no chance, but certain elements work well for us.

-it has been drawn out for a long time, but we will have facilities upgrades coming soon, and they are certain to share that with him. That will help him with recruiting next year.
-the PAC 12 ,only is coming.
-I believe any extra money we need to throw down for his salary over another coach will be more than matched by donors that finally feel enthusiastic wi the direction of the program, as well as gameday attendance.
-boulder is a great place to be! I always find cost of living arguments to be overblown, especially since people thinking living in hawaii is impossible for COL.

I hope Bohn can be a salesman.

Back