1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlie Strong.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffLuKe, Oct 5, 2015.

1. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

I feel bad for him kinda. Dude never had a chance. If u ever played in Texas or happen to live there, you know what the problem is. It isn't the coaching, it's the big wigs that won't stay out of the way and let the man do his job. 50-7, that's embarrassing losing that bad to another Texas team.

2. EddieCrowder

EddieCrowder Club Member Club Member

I get what your saying Luke but to be honest I told my LHorn wife and my Boss when they hired him i was at best skeptical. His D is normally 1st rate but he got the job off the arm of Teddy Bridgewater. This UT team does not have Teddy, and I doubt Strong survives to try and find a real QB. Looking at their schedule they only have 2 games left as probable wins at 3-9 Red McCombs is in town with his big check book asking what its going to cost to send him down the road.

3. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Oh I think he is done already. Some of it is on him, no doubt. 50-7 to TCU is not acceptable. Kids now don't care how good u were in the past. It's show me or **** u. You have kids tweeting at half about where they want to transfer speaks pretty loud. I just think the dude was done before he even got started. Also, it might just be he's better off being a coordinator.

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Wickline and Watson apparently off the recruiting trail. I think CS is sacrificing some AC's, hoping to get a third year...he won't if they lose to the land thieves.

5. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

O.T.S.S.! Only the strong survive!

Only the strong survive! Only the strong survive, boy!

6. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

Yeah but wouldn't you think the head coach of Texas could recruit a top tier quarterback again? I would have thought so.

7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i've never understood how Texas couldn't land a top running back. not since Ricky Williams....and maybe Cedric Benson....who was all-world against the Kansases of the league but nothing special against OU or someone good.

UT fans are eating their young, that's for sure. the thing i wouldn't like is i hear the "change the culture" card being played, we are young....and that's Danny Hawkins all over. my UT peeps say the sideline is confusion and the special teams are crap. Texas has ALWAYS had a good kicker....some guy named Dusty or something. those are bad signs, to me.

i liked the Strong hire when it happened, but maybe i was wrong.

8. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

The young coach who's kicking ass in texas right now is Tom Herman.

SBG likes this.
  9. GoBuffs88

GoBuffs88 Active Member

Jamaal Charles

10. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Is there any strong DC that is doing well in the bigs? Only coach I could see is Saban and Harbaugh teaching killer defenses. Maybe add shaw and willingham to that list too. Patterson coaches the D but that TCU D is not why they are good. Definitely Synder.

Otherwise it seems like most of the good coaches were OCs.

11. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

That was all that was said with Charlie Strong at the beginning. He kicked off a bunch of dudes initially to clean house and change the culture.

12. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

dantonio? Graham? That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

13. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

14. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Let's see.

Pac12
    Utah

Big 12
    KjSU
    Possibly OU

Big 10
    MSU
    OSU
    UM

SEC
    Bama

15. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I would argue that in February they landed many top tier running backs since. Benson, Charles, and later Malcolm Brown and Johnathan Gray were all considered home runs. In college I'd say Charles was definitely the most electric of the bunch and since he declared for the draft early they haven't had a game changer since. They've landed them just fine. It's being able to evaluate and project the guy they're landing or develop him while on campus that's missed the mark.

BorrachoBuff likes this.
  16. bigskybuff

bigskybuff Club Member Club Member

There can never be enough Texass Sucks threads. Other than the Buffs winning, nothing makes me happier to see than these conference killers stepping on their dicks.

17. EddieCrowder

The talk in this thread of this smelling similar to the the Hawkins stench is spot on. Right down to the "everything is Mack's fault" Charlie standing on the sidelines when something goes wrong has the biggest case of "I am in over my head, dumb face" I have ever seen. Given Stoops having quite a few detractors these days himself, if given the opportunity Bob will hang 100 on them and keep his foot on the gas.

18. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

**** nebraska

19. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

This one?

[​IMG]

20. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

His Juniors and Seniors come from Mac Brown's last two top 5 classes. The other two classes were top 25 classes. So, I dont have a lot of pity for him losing with that kind of talent handed to him. He should be at least 3-2

21. EddieCrowder

That's the one