What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Charlie Weis to be named new KU Head Coach

You have to wonder if maybe he bit off more than he could chew at ND. His eyes were bigger than his stomach. After choking down a couple of dismal seasons there, perhaps he's had some humble pie and is once again ready to return to the big boy table.

This is a bigger name than I thought KU could bring in, too bad it's a name that's affiliated with failure of late. I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to get back into a head coaching gig though. Maybe that fire in his belly will carry them to where they want to be come next conference expansion.

Tractor, if CW has the fire in his belly, I bet Satan is jealous.

On a serious note -- what the hell are the gheysquawks thinking? This guy couldn't get it done at sorta lame. What makes them think he's gonna win at KU?

BryanDFischer Bryan Fischer
Awesome. RT @PBPjasonlieser: Bobby Bowden on Weis taking the Kansas job: "You got to be kidding me. He’s going to be the head coach?"

:rofl:

Just have to make a minor adjustment to the head and this will correct again...

ManginoWonka.jpg

I wonder if they still have the "bag man" that had follow Mangino around with a defibrillator on staff?

Just have to make a minor adjustment to the head

I'm pretty sure KU already had to build a special head for Mangino in his office - supersize shower, industrial strength ****ter, the whole thing. Might as well let Weis get some good out of it...

I'm pretty sure KU already had to build a special head for Mangino in his office - supersize shower, industrial strength ****ter, the whole thing. Might as well let Weis get some good out of it...

Word from a KU fan is that not only did they have a special ****ter, Mangino couldn't wipe his ass with tp (couldn't reach). So he used towels (floss style), and someone on the AD staff's primary job was washing the **** rags.

I thought he was a senior this year? Did he get a RS year?

Unless things changed recently, Notre Dame doesn't redshirt its freshmen. If a player doesn't play, that player has to graduate on time and then petition the university to allow him to enroll in graduate school and play a 5th year. This policy was often cited as a big reason ND wasn't able to perform as well as its recruiting ranks suggest it should.

Specific to Crist, he was a senior but didn't play his first year. Since he's graduating at the end of this semester, he's eligible to transfer without sitting out a year, will be able to enroll in a grad program at his new school, and will be able to play at the new school in 2012.

Word from a KU fan is that not only did they have a special ****ter, Mangino couldn't wipe his ass with tp (couldn't reach). So he used towels (floss style), and some one on the AD staff's primary job was washing the **** rags.

File this under: "Details I could have done without".

Unless things changed recently, Notre Dame doesn't redshirt its freshmen. If a player doesn't play, that player has to graduate on time and then petition the university to allow him to enroll in graduate school and play a 5th year. This policy was often cited as a big reason ND wasn't able to perform as well as its recruiting ranks suggest it should.

Specific to Crist, he was a senior but didn't play his first year. Since he's graduating at the end of this semester, he's eligible to transfer without sitting out a year, will be able to enroll in a grad program at his new school, and will be able to play at the new school in 2012.

OK, so it's like the Paulus situation where he finished his 4-year degree but still had a year of eligibility left.

Apparently CW's wife and daughter still live in FL and KU will have a private jet for them to use to fly back and forth from FL to the hinterlands...when CW goes along they will borrow an Air Force C-5...

Back