What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chase Daniel

Colfaxbuff

is coming back next year. But they lose Rucker and Temple, and I'll bet Hawkins has somethin for the spread next year.

I hate to be a downer, but I pretty much view Mizzou on the road next year as a no-hoper.

A lot of people thought OU this year was a no-hoper, too.

True. That OU game was at home. The Buffs still have a lot to prove on the road. I think we will improve next year, but Mizzou still returns Maclin and Coffman along with Daniel. Those guys absolutely torched us this year.

For as long as I can remember, the Buffs have usually played like ass in Columbia - regardless of the talent on each side. While I will not say it's a "no-hoper," I'm willing to say it's certainly not a good chance.

Yep, Missouri usually plays CU pretty tough in Columbia. Daniel and Maclin were unstoppable last year. With another year under their belts, those two could do some freakish damage. Hawkins doesn't "need" something for the spread. He needs to generate a pass rush from the front four. Do that, and you have a chance. Allow Daniel to sit back there and pick you apart, you're a dead duck.

Yep, Missouri usually plays CU pretty tough in Columbia. Daniel and Maclin were unstoppable last year. With another year under their belts, those two could do some freakish damage. Hawkins doesn't "need" something for the spread. He needs to generate a pass rush from the front four. Do that, and you have a chance. Allow Daniel to sit back there and pick you apart, you're a dead duck.

Yup. The only way to beat the spread is to put constant pressure on the quarterback. We're probably more than one recruiting class from being able to do that.

Next year *could* be a special year for Mizzou.

So he does "need" somethin for the spread. He "needs" a pass rush.:thumbsup:

Every coach that plays them next year needs to study that OU film frame by frame to figure out how they did it twice. I'm still mystified that WV was able to pick apart the sooners so well while OU shut down virtually the same offense twice. :confused:

Every coach that plays them next year needs to study that OU film frame by frame to figure out how they did it twice. I'm still mystified that WV was able to pick apart the sooners so well while OU shut down virtually the same offense twice. :confused:

WV is faster and OU forgot how to tackle in the Fiesta Bowl.

Any one thinking about road tripping to Columbia for the game?

Upsets on the road = good times.

And CU needs this one to win the North.

Any one thinking about road tripping to Columbia for the game?

Upsets on the road = good times.

And CU needs this one to win the North.

I'm actually thinking about going to Lawrence for the KU game. Shorter drive and better chance of victory. I think Missouri is a really, really good team. I don't want to see Daniel ever again.

I'm actually thinking about going to Lawrence for the KU game. Shorter drive and better chance of victory. I think Missouri is a really, really good team. I don't want to see Daniel ever again.

I've circled KU as my token away game, too. Never been to Lawrence, and who knows how many more times one can observe Mangino in his native habitat.

[Drat, now that I've typed that, I'm craving Arby's for dinner. :(]

I'm actually thinking about going to Lawrence for the KU game. Shorter drive and better chance of victory.

I've circled KU as my token away game, too.

I'm planning on the KU game too. Lawrence is a pretty decent college town (esp when you consider it's in Kansas! :wink2:) and my friends live in KC & they have season tix to the Hawks games. Hopefully I will enjoy my trip & not have to listen to them talk incessently about how we lose to them in every sport.... :sad2:

you had on the same side of the defense, the Big XII leading sack leader a. english still still recovering from a broken leg, and had been sick with the flu all week prior to the game, reggie smith the cb out with a broken big toe, and the safety, lindy holmes out. if you watched the game and paid attention, that is the side of OU's defense they ran and threw to all game long where they were quite successful....

but remember it is really because Stoops is a terrible coach, play caller, recruiter, motivator and just a plain asshat, or so it been said here..... :thumbsup:

Back