1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chauncey inducted into Colorado Sports Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/04/...mon-inducted-in-colorado-sports-hall-of-fame/

Chauncey Billups, considered to be the best basketball player Denver has ever produced, along with Roy Halladay, who might be the best baseball player, were inducted as part of the 2015 class into the hall of fame.

“It’s humbling, man, because I’ve never really been a huge baseball guy, however I’m a huge Colorado guy. So I’ve been the biggest Roy Halladay groupie all along his career and he never knew that. I expressed that to him and he’s like, ‘Man I never even knew that you knew me’ And I’m like, ‘You’re from Colorado and I’m always going to be a diehard and support you,’” said Billups. “And Becky (Hammon, CSU basketball player), Becky look at her career and what she’s been able to do with going into coaching. This is a great class.”

2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Such a classy guy. All time great.

Weird story - his daughters are competitive dancers, same as my daughter. I see Chauncey all the time at various competitions. The first time, I was like "is that Chauncey?" And one of the dance moms said "yup". I know - cool story, bro.

3. TDforTD

TDforTD Banned BANNED Club Member

Up until the 57 win Nuggets team, the 04 Pistons were the most fun I had ever had watching basketball. Perfect team defense, knocking out 4 hall of famers in nearly 4 games with Chauncey as the MVP.

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Did your daughter kick Chauncey's daughters' asses?

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

It it doesn't work that way. So, no.

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Shows my knowledge of competitive dancing, haha. BTW, my MIL is from Japan and her cousins were competive ballroom dancers. They own a studio. I have a lot of admiration for good dancers. Takes a lot of athleticism, IMO. I assume your daughter is into more the jazz kind of stuff?

7. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

That's a damn good class. Potentially three Hall of Famers.

8. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Class act and well deserved honor. Btw, his daughters now go to Mountain Vista and we see them around school now.

9. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Congratz to CB. We'll deserved.

10. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

When Chauncey was a sophomore, kansas came to town with Pierce, LaFrenz, Vaughn, Collison, etc. I took my 20 month old daughter to the game. We were seated amidst a sea of kansas blue, and my child cheered enthusiastically along with their fans. They loved her. After awhile, she got a little overamped and threw up on three or four of them, then they didn't like us anymore and we had to move.

Anyway, Chauncey and Michel (?) Morandis had us up 5 with about 2 minutes to go, but the bottom fell out and we lost. As good as Chauncey was as a pro, he was a GREAT college player.

11. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I think Morandis was much later. Like 2003 or so. That kid could jump out of the gym.

12. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Yeah he was on the Harrison teams.

13. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

bombay likes this.
  14. Hoops Fan

Hoops Fan Club Member Club Member

15. hokiehead

hokiehead Gobbler on the Mountain Club Member

I'm sorry about that. I had a colleague back in Raleigh whose daughter was a dancer and ended up going to USC-East on dance scholarship. When he was telling me that, my immediate reaction was "Rick, you just ruined part of the college game for me. Now, every time i go into dirt-old-man-mode at a college game over the dance team, I'm going to eventually think 'that could be Rick's daughter I'm leering at'". His reaction was "dude, I know, I know! How do you think I feel? not sure I can even go to games any more."

16. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member