What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chip Kelly pays back a fan

dply

Doble hoja
Club Member
Tony Seminary is a 1996 graduate of the University of Oregon and a season ticket holder for the Ducks football team. He attended the Boise State game, and witnessed the loss to the Broncos and LeGarrette Blount’s PunchGate up close and personal. After the game, Seminary wrote an email to Chip Kelly, and did what you may have dreamt of doing after traveling to watch your team put in an embarrassing performance on the road: he asked for a refund, and attached an invoice bureaucrat-style. From the original email:
I was so angry with the game (even before the post-game melee) I am sending you an invoice for my trip to Boise. The product on the field Thursday night is not something I was at all proud of, and I feel as though I’m entitled to my money back for the trip. Please see my invoice attached in this email. I will happily send along receipts if need be.
Unlike most fans, he actually wrote this up and sent it. Unlike most coaches, Chip Kelly responded with a personal check written to one Anthony Seminary.

chipcheck.jpg

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2009/09/21/chip-kelly-is-a-man-of-his-word-seriously/http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/chipcheck.jpg

Last edited:
Hawk would be broke if he wrote a check to all the fans that would like reimbursement. :lol:

Maybe I'll send Hawk my Caesar's Palace Sports Book stub from the Toledo game and get some green back.

(I'm never betting on the Buffs again, and it was stupid in the first place, but I'll blame this one on another AllBuffer...you know who you are :smile2: )

Maybe I'll send Hawk my Caesar's Palace Sports Book stub from the Toledo game and get some green back.

(I'm never betting on the Buffs again, and it was stupid in the first place, but I'll blame this one on another AllBuffer...you know who you are :smile2: )

How much did you lose? We must know.

Hawk would be broke if he wrote a check to all the fans that would like reimbursement. :lol:

Kinda funny...I actually made a similar request after the CSU game....and did not get anything back from Hawk or Bohn....cheapskates :lol:...so everyone else can take this as an FYI, don't waste your time

I love this story

This is an example of a coach putting his money where his mouth is. This is something Hawkins would never do instead giving us hollow rara speeches with no substance.

Kelly replies to invoice with $439 refund

Plenty of disgruntled fans have said they wanted their money back after an underwhelming performance.

[+] Enlarge Steve Dykes/Getty ImagesWhen an Oregon fan demanded his money back for the Ducks' loss at Boise State, coach Chip Kelly took out his checkbook.

But how many have made that complaint -- and then received a check in the mail, signed by the coach?
Tony Seminary did.
The story starts in Boise, Idaho, where on Sept. 3, Oregon lost its season opener to Boise State -- and star running back LeGarrette Blount lost his temper and responded to an apparent taunt from Boise State's Byron Hout with a punch.
The 19-8 loss was disappointing for Oregon, which started the season with BCS bowl aspirations. The punch and Blount's behavior afterward, in which he had to be restrained from approaching fans in the stands, led the team to suspend him for the season.
Seminary, an Oregon alumnus from the Portland area, attended the game in Boise. According to the Web site everydayshouldbesaturday.com, he was so unhappy with what he saw, he sent Ducks coach Chip Kelly an e-mail, with an attached invoice for $439 in travel expenses.
"The product on the field Thursday night is not something I was at all proud of, and I feel as though I'm entitled to my money back for the trip," he wrote, according to the Web site.
“ Let's just say he lost every game as an Oregon coach. You would never hear me calling for his head. It just wouldn't happen. The guy showed an incredible amount of class.
” -- Oregon alumnus Tony Seminary,
on coach Chip Kelly
According to the Web site, Kelly replied to Seminary's e-mail with a question: "What is your address?"
Sure enough, a check for $439, apparently signed by Kelly, arrived in Seminary's mailbox, according to the Web site. Seminary was so impressed by the gesture, he returned the check to Kelly with a thank-you note, rather than cashing it.
"As a sales guy, it's really hard to shut me up," Seminary said, according to the Web site. "When I received that check, I was literally speechless.
"I think of Coach Kelly as a totally different person now," Seminary said, according to the Web site. "I have a different bond with him now. ... Let's just say he lost every game as an Oregon coach. You would never hear me calling for his head. It just wouldn't happen. The guy showed an incredible amount of class."
Kelly would not address the situation on Monday.
"I've got no comment on that," Kelly said Monday during a media conference call. "We're getting ready to play California."
Oregon athletic director and former football coach Mike Bellotti said that during his career, he has received e-mails and letters demanding money back, according to The Register-Guard of Eugene, Ore. But he never complied with those requests.
"I've never heard of a coach sending money," Bellotti said, according to the report. "Chip [doing that] is one for the ages. He earns my respect."

Last edited:
mke1010, I'm moving this to a thread on this topic already. It was down the list so I'm sure you didn't see it.

Back