What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chip Kelly to the Bucs?

Oh well if Chip believes this is best for him and his family then I can't hate on him for it so good luck Chip!

It's ok...you can hate coaches that bail before LOI day.

ducks-cheerleaders-hard-hats-intro.png

Surprisingly there have been some claims that Gary Patterson is actually their first choice, not Petersen.

Hard to imagine with Chris Peterson being a former Oregon coach and his wife is from Oregon. Before Oregon found Chip there was talk that Peterson would be the eventual coach to replace Mike Belotti. He is an Oregon guy so my guess is Peterson is first choice.

Liverflukes - I actually would hate to see him leave after LOI day because I think of him as a classy guy and that would be an awful thing to do to the recruits.

Hard to imagine with Chris Peterson being a former Oregon coach and his wife is from Oregon. Before Oregon found Chip there was talk that Peterson would be the eventual coach to replace Mike Belotti. He is an Oregon guy so my guess is Peterson is first choice.

Liverflukes - I actually would hate to see him leave after LOI day because I think of him as a classy guy and that would be an awful thing to do to the recruits.
peterson has a special needs kid, and boise has the best hospital for his condition. highly doubt he leaves.

Surprisingly there have been some claims that Gary Patterson is actually their first choice, not Petersen.

Wow. I can only assume they want to stick with a formula that works and get another offensive guy to run things and try to keep status quo as much as possible in a coaching change. We saw what happened to Texas Tech when they tried to go for a name that went against their system two years ago. Back to irrelevance.

Well, he never made it to his scheduled in-home visit with Shaq Thompson today so at least he didn't try to recruit a kid to a school he was leaving...Any idea on WHY he would be leaving NOW?

Well, he never made it to his scheduled in-home visit with Shaq Thompson today so at least he didn't try to recruit a kid to a school he was leaving...Any idea on WHY he would be leaving NOW?

flukes,

It's obvious that he loves Oregon and is only leaving because Tampa Bay is his dream job, the NFL has been a lifelong dream, and it's an opportunity (after discussing it with his family and considering what was best for them) that he simply could not pass up despite how difficult it was to leave Oregon.

Care to bet how much of that makes it into the press release? :lol:

Care to bet that he will be "shocked and disappointed" at the severity of the NCAA penalties that come down soon? :lol:

flukes,...Care to bet how much of that makes it into the press release? :lol:

Not a chance on that bet. It will also include "we won a Rose Bowl and that was my ultimate goal". It will be interesting to see what Phil's money can bring in to sanction town USA. Sadly, my guess is that UCLA will once again reap the benefits should any recruits waver before LOI day.

Knew he was bound to bounce within the next year or two (Canard can verify this - I've been talking **** to him about this very thing for months) but this is ****ing great that there's a good chance of it happening now.

crap, yes our hc is from that state over there. but at least he fled (yeah ok the buffs ran him out after you piled it on, thanks)

Oregonian has it's typical section posting together stuff from everywhere else. Blazers are playing so they don't need to pay attention to the Ducks right now.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2012/01/chip_kelly_to_leave_oregon_for.html

Have to admit that I am surprised. I figured that he'd stick around one more year to see what he could do with the Ducks and then jump. I'll have to listen to a couple of the local shows and see what they say about replacements.

Canzano says: Dungy, Tedford and Peterson are possible targets

Last edited:
:woot: I'm excited to see what Chip does in the NFL, and I LOVE that he is out of the PAC.

Edit: And I definitely think that this was a total ****ing of Oregon by Chip. Either he is the ultimate mercenary or **** is going down.

Oregonian has it's typical section posting together stuff from everywhere else. Blazers are playing so they don't need to pay attention to the Ducks right now.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2012/01/chip_kelly_to_leave_oregon_for.html

Have to admit that I am surprised. I figured that he'd stick around one more year to see what he could do with the Ducks and then jump. I'll have to listen to a couple of the local shows and see what they say about replacements.

Canzano says: Dungy, Tedford and Peterson are possible targets

If Oregon hires Tedford I will become a Buffs fan.... Going back to the stone age is not what Oregon needs.

I don't see Dungy moving cross country to take a college job.... :huh:

It would be a shocker if they came after Tedford at this point. Peterson has already been discussed here - I'm pretty sure they'll give him a call, but I'm not sure he leaves Boise. Of course, Phil Knight has a few billion ways to persuade...

If they really want to aim high maybe they could get Craig Bohl away from North Dakota St. :lol:

I think the only logical reason would be to coach his son, but I highly doubt he comes out of retirement.

IIRC, he retired because his son committed suicide. I don't think he'll ever go back to coaching again. You guys should aim higher....Cowher.

Back