What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chip Kelly to the Bucs?

time to poach

Oregon-Cheerleaders-0.jpg

Even though I have to cross Baylis off my poaching list, I still see now reason why I can't hope we land 1, 3, & 5.

Translation: Phil Knight ponied up another couple mill.

I don't think it's about money and I doubt that Phil threw more at him. Either something about the Bucs job scared him off or Kelly decided that he didn't want to risk being another college coach to NFL flame out.

Translation: Phil Knight ponied up another couple mill.

Hard to imagine they matched the Tampa offer which was rumored to be around 7 million a year. My guess is judging by his quote he will win a NC then go or at least I hope for that much lol

I figured I would post this here since you guys are less biased then me, but I have a question. Do you think this whole saga will help Oregon in recruiting? I think it will from the perspective that he shot down $7 million from an NFL team and if there were impending sanctions its hard to imagine he would have declined that much money. Maybe it is just me being a douche who always hopes for the best.

I figured I would post this here since you guys are less biased then me, but I have a question. Do you think this whole saga will help Oregon in recruiting? I think it will from the perspective that he shot down $7 million from an NFL team and if there were impending sanctions its hard to imagine he would have declined that much money. Maybe it is just me being a douche who always hopes for the best.
wash at best.

I think it depends on how he handles it and how it's perceived. If he can really sell the idea that his heart is really at the college level and he's here for the long-term, then it will help. If it appears that Tampa simply wasn't a good fit and he's holding out for a better situation then there's a risk he's seen as a short-timer. I can't see how that would help.

I think it depends on how he handles it and how it's perceived. If he can really sell the idea that his heart is really at the college level and he's here for the long-term, then it will help. If it appears that Tampa simply wasn't a good fit and he's holding out for a better situation then there's a risk he's seen as a short-timer. I can't see how that would help.

Kinda hard to make that sell after he just interviewed with an NFL team. If his heart was really at the college level, he would have turned down the interview, IMO.

Kinda hard to make that sell after he just interviewed with an NFL team. If his heart was really at the college level, he would have turned down the interview, IMO.

It could be said declining the $4 million pay raise could also show his heart is in college. Oh well no point in talking about this until the next job offer pops up!

It could be said declining the $4 million pay raise could also show his heart is in college. Oh well no point in talking about this until the next job offer pops up!

I think everyone knows it's a sham. I think Bob Stoops can say his heart is in college FB. I don't think I've ever heard of him interviewing for an NFL job even though his name used to come up quite a bit. Same can be said for a few other guys like Bobby Bowden and some schmuck that just died. But if you're willing to take the interview it means you're seriously considering the job. If you're seriously considering the job, saying your heart lies at the college level rings hollow.

JMO and all that.

If I'm an opposing coach I would ask a PSA if he cares whether his coach moves on in the near future. Kelly has already interviewed once. It's doubtful he'll be here another 4 years, especially with upcoming sanctions, etc...

No, this will not help Oregon at all with any recruits. I don't think it's a wash because I think it will overall negatively affect Oregon for this year. If Kelly is still at Oregon on signing day they may not lose anyone, but I don't think it would be surprising if they did...

It's all spin, but I don't see how this could help Oregon at all...

Agree, Kelly showed that he is willing to listen and if he is willing to listen he is willing to leave.

It may have been Phil Knight kicking in more money, it may have been that he didn't like the situation in Tampa, it was probably a combination of the two.

From a recruits standpoint the interview process means that there is no guarantee that he will be around no matter what he says to the contrary. Either way it probably won't make as big a difference as how much they like the current Nike uniforms and how many faculty members are willing to lend them cars convieniently stocked with beer.

If you really want to believe something, reality doesn't come into play.

What are you talking about lol? I just stated that Chip Kelly will be gone someday so how is that believing something that is not reality? He wants to coach in the NFL and will have the opportunity soon enough.

What are you talking about lol? I just stated that Chip Kelly will be gone someday so how is that believing something that is not reality? He wants to coach in the NFL and will have the opportunity soon enough.
I am pretty sure that was in reference to the OJ is innocent comment.

I feel like you could still use this in recruiting "That coach up at Oregon might bail to the NFL at any moment"

Okay duckie, you know what that word "assume" really means, correct ?

He might not be ready. He may already be calling some of the plays, who knows? Or chipster may be more of a control freak than anyone imagined. I expect Helfrich to get a HC offer to a mid-level school in the next couple of years.

I'll always be left to wonder if guys like Helfrich & Collins sucked as bad as we all thought or if they were merely the byproduct of the most incompetent head coach in Colorado Football history.

Back