What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chipper: OU To Apply For PAC 12 Membership

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
according do 'Chipper'

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1263940

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said. ......

a source close to OU's administration....this is about 4th hand info by the time it gets to Chip. but, you still have to ask what is the strategic value of this info in the mighty Chipster's play. anyone else this isn't a purpose leak? c'mon?

now, i have been wrong in the past about OU wanting to go Pac....but my step-dad has done legal work for OU for 30 years....he has not said a thing to me about the Pac except...."i'm not sure that what we really want". like i say, Boren was head of the senate committee for intelligence longer than anyone in history....under Dem and GOP presidents...Rhodes Scholar and Yale Law Grad..the guy is smart. no Betsy Hoffman, here.

I will continue to say until it's a done deal - the Pac-12 doesn't need to accept OU. Hopefully (if it is true) their regents are just morons who believe they'd be accepted just because they're OU.

I will continue to say until it's a done deal - the Pac-12 doesn't need to accept OU. Hopefully (if it is true) their regents are just morons who believe they'd be accepted just because they're OU.

let's keep in mind the source here is a Texas sycophant...before we start attributing this to OU's arrogance.

hate to say it but this looks real.....

these are some tweets from Kirk Bohls

kbohls kbohls
A UT group including its president and two ADs flew to Norman on Sunday for last-ditch effort to try to keep OU in the Big 12.

kbohls kbohls
Texas didn't notify Texas Tech about trip to Norman; OU, OSU hungry for Pac-12 membership, but A&M-to-SEC move must come first.

kbohls kbohls
@
@TermiRaider Texas Tech does not have a Pac-12 invite. Neither do OU nor OSU. They just want to join.

kbohls kbohls
@
@DFo66 UT women's AD Chris Plonsky and men's AD DeLoss Dodds made the trip yesterday afternoon.

If the NCAA won't let us do the POD scheduling we are screwed.

read the posts at the end of an acticle last night on here and someone had a pod system but they broke the cali school up a bit, which was nice

Pod 1 was Washington, Wash St., Oregon, OSU.
Pod 2 was Cal, Stanford, Utah and CU
Pod 3 was USC, USLA, AZ and ASU.
Pod 4 was OU, OSU Pickens, and whoever the other two teams are we get.

I like that pod system. Makes it better for getting into Cal every year maybe? (For us for sure, would either play Cal or Stanford there every year.)

That Pod system breakdown is totally awesome for us. Therefore it will not happen.

My first thought about this is a ploy to get UT to change the revenue model for the LHN. Equal revenue sharing in the Big12-2-1 is a myth as long as UT is allowed to have the LHN.

I bet ou gives us more tv sets in texassss than sand aggy does. It amazes me that their isn't another decent university in texass. The big 12 taking Baylor (Waco) instead of Houston has had some interesting long term effects.

I bet ou gives us more tv sets in texassss than sand aggy does. It amazes me that their isn't another decent university in texass. The big 12 taking Baylor (Waco) instead of Houston has had some interesting long term effects.

I think that is without a doubt. OU has a large fanbase in Texas

I'd rather that we take KU and MU as travel partners. OU and OSU should get us a presence in Texas. But I really think that it's going to be TTU and either KU or MU.

My ideal scenario would be that the SEC and OSU work something out and we could go with OU-TTU-KU-MU. I'm not sure that OU would be for that, though, as it would almost require that 2 of its 3 non-conference games were Texas and Oklahoma State. That's death by scheduling even for a program like theirs.

I'd rather that we take KU and MU as travel partners. OU and OSU should get us a presence in Texas. But I really think that it's going to be TTU and either KU or MU.

My ideal scenario would be that the SEC and OSU work something out and we could go with OU-TTU-KU-MU. I'm not sure that OU would be for that, though, as it would almost require that 2 of its 3 non-conference games were Texas and Oklahoma State. That's death by scheduling even for a program like theirs.

tech, no way. really Nik? OSU is a new money reality. SEC didn't want them with OU, no way they take them without. and Pokes are good at what the Pac calls "olympic sports". i like KU in the mix but no one seems to want them...basketball doesn't mean a lot in the NWO and where's the Fat Man when you need him?

no UT, no way Tech has any pull on their own.

I would rather things stay as is for a while...frickin' Aggie can't help but screw things up...

Somebody tell Baylor....

I'll do it. Is it Christmas already?

Please Baylor, disappear in some obscure conference, so that in one decade when somebody says, "Baylor" it will be similar to hearing "St. Cloud" or something--a squint of the eyes, a scratch of the head..."Baylor, now where the hell is that?"

I mean, more so than already.

After seeing what Scott said on TV on Thursday night, I think the mountain time zone schools have made it clear that any additional expansion will be far from automatic. He really sounded like expansion is not welcome in the Pac at this time.

After seeing what Scott said on TV on Thursday night, I think the mountain time zone schools have made it clear that any additional expansion will be far from automatic. He really sounded like expansion is not welcome in the Pac at this time.

i'd be surprised if CU and Utah have that much pull versus getting one of the top football programs since WWII. anyway, hope you are right.

Back