What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chiv is just killn' it...

If you ever get down on the football program, I recommend spending about 10 minutes browsing Chev's Twitter site and some of the hashtags. Despite my natural disposition and years of getting kicked in the balls by this program, I am feeling PSYCHED. I can see why this guy has turned things around so quickly...his optimism is contagious. #CUBowling2016!

If you ever get down on the football program, I recommend spending about 10 minutes browsing Chev's Twitter site and some of the hashtags. Despite my natural disposition and years of getting kicked in the balls by this program, I am feeling PSYCHED. I can see why this guy has turned things around so quickly...his optimism is contagious. #CUBowling2016!
There are legitimate Cali 3* players, not even his skill position, who are liking and retweeting everything he posts after meeting him this week. You can tell they are just waiting for an offer.

Chev 4 prez :)

If Mac manages to turn this thing around it will be the hiring of Leavitt and Chev that was his saving grace.

Yep. The weird thing to me, though, is that some people talk about that like it's a negative thing toward MacIntyre. One of the biggest parts of a HC's job is hiring coaches, managing that staff, and coaching those coaches. We tend to celebrate that with McCartney as one of his core strengths (along with being a motivator), but I see a lot of people acting like it's an indictment of MacIntyre.

A big part of this is the difference between a current, fluid situation versus a historical situation. We know what happened after McCartney moved on from his initial staff with a bunch of great hires who were aces on the recruiting trail. I'm sure message boards and social media would have been killing him after year 3. MacIntyre is currently in that offseason between years 3 and 4.

Last edited:
The weird thing to me, though, is that some people talk about that like it's a negative thing toward MacIntyre. One of the biggest parts of a HC's job is hiring coaches, managing that staff, and coaching those coaches.
THIS! Dis MMac for what he deserves (bringing his WAC staff to the PAC12, poor recruiting etc) but after his initial staff he has hired VERY well and is a key metric in a leader's evaluation.

Yep. The weird thing to me, though, is that some people talk about that like it's a negative thing toward MacIntyre. One of the biggest parts of a HC's job is hiring coaches, managing that staff, and coaching those coaches. We tend to celebrate that with McCartney as one of his core strengths (along with being a motivator), but I see a lot of people acting like it's an indictment of MacIntyre.

A big part of this is the difference between a current, fluid situation versus a historical situation. We know what happened after McCartney moved on from his initial staff with a bunch of great hires who were aces on the recruiting trail. I'm sure message boards and social media would have been killing him after year 3. MacIntyre is currently in that offseason between years 3 and 4.

And just like McCartney, I believe year 4 is the put up or shut up year for MacIntyre.

If he stays after another bowl-less season it is either because CU has a top recruiting class that RG understands they need to keep committed in Boulder or because HCMM has been able to clearly articulate his plan for CU Football and RG agrees that CU is on that path towards achieving that plan.

I think this is one of the most promising things for our program that I've read in a while. 18 year old kids want to be part of something up and coming and new. I remember the buzz around Baylor when they started turning their program around, and they capitalized by winning, and being exciting with the RG3 era. Now they are one of the premier programs in the country. This importance of this season to our program is monumental. We have to capitalize on the buzz in the air. If we make a bowl, maybe upset a ranked opponent or two, and have some exciting performances on national TV and put up some good numbers, this thing could really blow up quickly.

I think this is one of the most promising things for our program that I've read in a while. 18 year old kids want to be part of something up and coming and new. I remember the buzz around Baylor when they started turning their program around, and they capitalized by winning, and being exciting with the RG3 era. Now they are one of the premier programs in the country. This importance of this season to our program is monumental. We have to capitalize on the buzz in the air. If we make a bowl, maybe upset a ranked opponent or two, and have some exciting performances on national TV and put up some good numbers, this thing could really blow up quickly.
**** Bailer. Someone had to say it.

I was going to suggest BAN stick since he described The Boners as one of the premier programs in the country....

Hey guys, cut me a break. I'm new to the forum, so I don't know the proper rules in addressing Baylor (Bailer?). I have no love for them. All these rape allegations coming to light and them turning a blind eye is disgusting and horrible. The rape stuff notwithstanding, they turned their perennially bad program around. After a decade of futility, everyone views us as a perennially bad program. I just noticed some similarities in the ascent of our programs (minus the rape), and was excited by the potential, considering we have better facilities now, better history, and a more beautiful campus than Bailer. I don't know where you draw the line for "premier". Maybe that was excessive, but a program that has spent the past half decade in and around the top ten every year is damn close to premier if it isn't.

Please know I'm not condoning any of the bad things they've done, just referencing the similarities and potential we have this season to make waves.

@Big Iron Buff

It was mostly the way they aggressively threw CU under the bus to try to get our spot in Pac expansion.

The hypocrisy there is ridiculous. Murder cover up, rape cover ups, open secret they don't play by the rules in recruiting, public defamation campaigns + lawsuits & threatened legal actions against multiple schools at multiple times over years in the conf alignment shuffles, etc, etc.

But, yeah, they have built good athletics programs. I just don't see them as much of a model because of all of the above. I look more at a school like Wisconsin for the blueprint.

P.S. **** bailer!

Hey guys, cut me a break. I'm new to the forum, so I don't know the proper rules in addressing Baylor (Bailer?). I have no love for them. All these rape allegations coming to light and them turning a blind eye is disgusting and horrible. The rape stuff notwithstanding, they turned their perennially bad program around. After a decade of futility, everyone views us as a perennially bad program. I just noticed some similarities in the ascent of our programs (minus the rape), and was excited by the potential, considering we have better facilities now, better history, and a more beautiful campus than Bailer. I don't know where you draw the line for "premier". Maybe that was excessive, but a program that has spent the past half decade in and around the top ten every year is damn close to premier if it isn't.

Please know I'm not condoning any of the bad things they've done, just referencing the similarities and potential we have this season to make waves.
You're fine. Ignore these aholes. **** bailer.

Back