What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chiv is just killn' it...

Insufferable. I suppose I need to start building up my ignore list, though, so thanks.
Gee, next time I'll put up the SARCASM sign, so I don't fool and offend the likes of your po' widdle self! Now go find your binkie and curl up into the fetal position.

" I can tell we are making some headway in recruiting because when people start talking bad about you, it shows they are a little threatened."
Hmm. So, the negative recruiting is growing, sounds like.
Yeah apparently James Franklin was saying similar things at Big 10 media days that the other schools in the division were negatively recruiting them (Ohio St., MSU and Michigan) but if those big programs have to go out of their way to say those things about you, you know you are doing something right.

" I can tell we are making some headway in recruiting because when people start talking bad about you, it shows they are a little threatened."
Hmm. So, the negative recruiting is growing, sounds like.
Good.

I think for the most part it can be used to our advantage anyway, as long as you have recruiters that can sell a vision and sell the future.

What negative recruiting can other programs do against CU right now that recruits don't already know about? It's like the scene at the end of 8 Mile where Eminem just lays out all the negative things the other dude was going rap about him, and the other dude had nothing. Recruits know CU has been ****ty for a long time, they know we haven't had any significant drafted players in a few years, they know we've won very few conference games since joining the Pac 12.... Todd Graham, Sonny Dykes, Jim Mora Jr, and Rich Rod aren't telling them anything they don't already know, yet, they are still interested in being a part of bringing this program back to prominence.

What negative recruiting can other programs do against CU right now that recruits don't already know about? It's like the scene at the end of 8 Mile where Eminem just lays out all the negative things the other dude was going rap about him, and the other dude had nothing. Recruits know CU has been ****ty for a long time, they know we haven't had any significant drafted players in a few years, they know we've won very few conference games since joining the Pac 12.... Todd Graham, Sonny Dykes, Jim Mora Jr, and Rich Rod aren't telling them anything they don't already know, yet, they are still interested in being a part of bringing this program back to prominence.
Pretty simple. The admin doesn't care about winning football games, it snows all winter there, coaches always get fired there, classes are hard there since they don't have any blow off majors. I think you would be surprised how little kids know/think about these things until coaches bring them up.

Of course there are plenty of things to say about Graham, Dykes and Rich Rod but it goes both ways.

Pretty simple. The admin doesn't care about winning football games, it snows all winter there, coaches always get fired there, classes are hard there since they don't have any blow off majors. I think you would be surprised how little kids know/think about these things until coaches bring them up.

Of course there are plenty of things to say about Graham, Dykes and Rich Rod but it goes both ways.
It was supposed to be a little tongue in cheek, as I fully understand there are perceptions of CU football and the state of Colorado that are used against us toward recruits. However, I feel like the negative recruiting you mentioned is dispelled as soon as a recruit takes a visit to campus and has conversation with our coaches. HCMM has won 2 Pac 12 games in 3 years and he hasn't been fired. They are not taking short cuts in turning this program around and there are no quick fixes. It's 75 degrees and sunny in October, we have one of the highest graduation rates in the conference and one of (maybe the highest??) the highest in CU's history.

So yes, those things can and are used against us on the recruiting trail, but they are essentially fabrications of the truth rather than true "cons" about CU. The only true negative about CU football is last 10 years of on-field performance and the facilities, up until recently. One of those has been remedied in a big way, and the now it's a wait-and-see if the other can change too.

Papa Doc taking Ls

Excellent reference.

large.gif

Any decent coach/recruiter is well aware of the things that could be used against their program in recruiting and address them head on, so I think negative recruiting is generally overstated as a strategy.

Any decent coach/recruiter is well aware of the things that could be used against their program in recruiting and address them head on, so I think negative recruiting is generally overstated as a strategy.
Plus it can wear out a recruit to hear a coach say things like that all the time.

Okay . . . . . what's the 'nickname' of Chiaverini? Chiv or Chev? Appears he uses Chev ?!?! For example, his twitter handle is @CoachChev6

Okay . . . . . what's the 'nickname' of Chiaverini? Chiv or Chev? Appears he uses Chev ?!?! For example, his twitter handle is @CoachChev6

I use "Chev" for that reason. Also, it's the phonetic spelling. "Chiav" sounds like "Chev", not like "Chiv".

Add the fact that the first sound in his name is "sh", not "ch", making "chiv" sound like a knife like weapon fashioned in prison, and it's an easy decision.

I use "Chev" for that reason. Also, it's the phonetic spelling. "Chiav" sounds like "Chev", not like "Chiv".

Add the fact that the first sound in his name is "sh", not "ch", making "chiv" sound like a knife like weapon fashioned in prison, and it's an easy decision.

Gotta be Chev, cuz he's purrin' like a 67 Camaro.

He has always gone by Chev.

Perfect, we can switch the thread title then.

But, but, but ...the thread was started and named by Am I in Miami Buff, the all-knowing, all-seeing CU guru and screen door salesman!

**** all y'all!!!

Chiv Rules! Is my vote.

Now there is a true American Hero right there!!!

soo....I might have missed this in the previous 173 posts, but @MiamiBuffs... was the thread title a subtle troll / pun about a "shiv" (Chiv) "killing it?"

Back