What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chris Fowler weighs in

Regarding Maisel's article:

He also states JE told Cabral (& GB) they would not return (ie. you're fired). Where is their chance to turn it around? 2 years is long enough for them though??? Oh wait, Cabral has been with this program how long?? Cabral has given this program more than almost everybody--and JE was going to dump him? I don't recall Cabral pulling out and heading to UCLA (with recruits?!)

The Cabral issue is not getting enough run-- Brian, you sir, have my utmost respect, my thanks to you are not enough!

Water Bottle has been looking for a way to get rid of Cabral for a while.

Never had a problem with Fowler. Him being objective and not a homer just means he's very good at his job. He's one of the best in the biz, how long has he been doing that now? You don't keep a job that long if u suck.

Fowler being objective and not a homer gives him even more credibility in times like this to me.

Exactly, that's why I've always liked his viewpoint so much. It's hard to have respect for someone who constantly displays blind homer-ism with zero objectivity like a Holtz.

Saying all the things we've been saying-
Embree did not put a good product on the field, they were not competitive, it was embarrassing.
WRT race, it's sad that he's playing the race card-everyone wanted him to succeed.
Obviously Coach Mac was invested in EMbree and is personally wounded.
It is hurtful to the school, puts gasoline on the fire. He is disappointed in Mac.

Fowler on the best next HC:
-established HC
-good turnaround coach who has done it quickly at other schools
-recruiting blueprint in that makes sense and implement immediately
-can sell great uni, pac 12 conference, early playing time
-2 dozen players away from being really competitive in Pac 12
-ESPN people were shocked at the low quality athletes we had

You have to be able to look all the people in the eye and make people believe progress is being made. If you are 4-21 and can't prove progress being made, in current environment, and can't convince people you are making progress.

Every situation is unique and everyone comes to a job w/ a unique resume. Jon's hiring raised eyebrows b/c he'd never been a coordinator. Coaching small guys, not leading a program of 100 players and overseeing recruiting, booster relations, etc. Not sure Jon was ever equipped to handle it.

Embree did not put a good product on the field, they were not competitive, it was embarrassing.
WRT race, it's sad that he's playing the race card-everyone wanted him to succeed.
It is hurtful to the school, puts gasoline on the fire. He is disappointed in Mac.

-established HC

Great summary! Thanks.

Gotta agree with Mr. F on most points. Not convinced we're 24 players away from being really competitive in PAC12 - that's the entire first string and 2 backups. We need good coaches to prepare the kids, get better QB play, get PRich back and we should be half way decent on O. Outside of good coaching I don't know enough about the D to know what else we need, besides everything... So maybe just 11 players away :nod:

If you are going to play big time sports you have to win or it's not worth doing at all. Colorado can turn this around. Need alignment from senior administration to get on board and help knock down the barriers.

He believes it's possible, we need to make the right hire. Gotta be someone w/ ability to turn things around fast.

IMO - I really think there are/were enough players on the team to get 4-5 wins this past year and 5-6 next season with good coaching... the last two seasons our team had no chance, do to the crappy coaching. They were not lined up correctly and there was no identity of what "style" of offense or defense we were running.

-established HC

I hope this is an exaggeration. We aren't USC, but are our athletes that bad?

Thanks for posting boyd a good summary. He also talked about how important it is that CU re-establish those recruiting ties in Texas. Also, he pointed how there's no patience left so we need someone who can turn this around quickly because we can't be sitting here in 5 years say we need to give them more time.

Thanks for posting boyd a good summary. He also talked about how important it is that CU re-establish those recruiting ties in Texas. Also, he pointed how there's no patience left so we need someone who can turn this around quickly because we can't be sitting here in 5 years say we need to give them more time.

I think Embree's staff actually did a good job of re-establishing ties in Texas. With more success on the field I think Texas recruiting with Bobby Kennedy and Kanavis McGee could have really taken off. Hopefully the new staff can pick up where they left off rather than starting from square one.

I think Embree's staff actually did a good job of re-establishing ties in Texas. With more success on the field I think Texas recruiting with Bobby Kennedy and Kanavis McGee could have really taken off. Hopefully the new staff can pick up where they left off rather than starting from square one.
water bottle's staff did pretty good taking over Don Boscoe from talkins

Back