What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Christ... Simas suspended 2 games...

Don't quite have the depth like the 90 team.

In areas we do, I would say inexperience is what we lack more than depth.

Don't quite have the players like the 90 team either.. :lol:

But I do agree BB, its not a big loss.. More of a disappointment I suppose.

We're not far off, especially on offense. We are seriously loaded on offense,I wouldn't be surprised if we are the most talented offensivley in the division, just need these guys to get the experience now, should be fun.

We're not far off, especially on offense. We are seriously loaded on offense,I wouldn't be surprised if we are the most talented offensivly in the division, just need these guys to get the experience now, should be fun.
Yeah we are. We aren't even close to competing with the talent those teams had.

I'm not saying Simas is the next Jerry Rice, but when he is consistently mentioned as the best WR by just about everyone around the program, it probably would be a good thing to have him on the field. Just a guess. Unless I'm missing something, we need all the help we can get at WR, especially a guy who has been at the top of the depth chart all Spring.:huh:

I'm not saying Simas is the next Jerry Rice, but when he is consistently mentioned as the best WR by just about everyone around the program, it probably would be a good thing to have him on the field. Just a guess. Unless I'm missing something, we need all the help we can get at WR, especially a guy who has been at the top of the depth chart all Spring.:huh:

Hopefully Simas isn't a practice All American. I can see their point.

Yeah we are. We aren't even close to competing with the talent those teams had.

I don't know. Scott and Speedy compared to Bieniemy.

Simas and Simmons compared to Pritchard, Simmons and Smith.

QB, ok I'll give that to Hagan

O-line, ours now is gelling into somethign special.

I think we're closer than you think on the offensive side of the ball to the '90 squad. 90's team wasn't overwhelming, 94 was the best talent we had. He have recruited some playmakers and beef on the line the last few years. The talent is in place to do something special.

EDIT, and defense was the main reason we were so good in 90

Hopefully Simas isn't a practice All American. I can see their point.

Any loss at WR right now leaves a big void. Just gets predictable that every time a player gets into trouble, it gets spun as "no big deal".

I think we're closer than you think on the offensive side of the ball to the '90 squad. 90's team wasn't overwhelming, 94 was the best talent we had. He have recruited some playmakers and beef on the line the last few years. The talent is in place to do something special.

EDIT, and defense was the main reason we were so good in 90

Take it easy Unleash, lets wait and see what Simas and Simmons do on the field before we start comparing them with NFL draft picks like Pritchard and Rico.

And what I've seen so far, Speedy and Scott aren't Bieniemy yet either..

I still think we are far apart from being a 10 win team talent wise.. Hawk has built a few pieces, but I still see a lot of holes..

Hawk gets to 7-5 this year and a bowl win, I'll call it a successful year..

No way I start putting them in the same sentence until I see more from those two. Bieniemy proved himself in big games with the pressure on his shoulders. Scott and Speedy haven't.

I love the enthusiasm but no way.

:thumbsup:

Our backups had about as much talent as these guys do. That's no a shot at our current guys. I think that's more of a statement to how good our OL was back then.

Better than Mark Vander Poel, Bill Coleman, Darin Muilenburg, Joe Garten, Jay Leeuenberg? That OL was pretty overwhelming.

Take it easy Unleash, lets wait and see what Simas and Simmons do on the field before we start comparing them with NFL draft picks like Pritchard and Rico.

And what I've seen so far, Speedy and Scott aren't Bieniemy yet either..

I still think we are far apart from being a 10 win team talent wise.. Hawk has built a few pieces, but I still see a lot of holes..

Hawk gets to 7-5 this year and a bowl win, I'll call it a successful year..

I'm not comparing them as what they have done, I'm comparing the talent. The talent we have been recruiting the last couple years especially the skill positions and OL, are the type of player Mac recruited that won us a national championship. I think you and valdez are confused with what I am arguing. It's just talent coming in. Yes, I know they still have a lot to prove.

No way I start putting them in the same sentence until I see more from those two. Bieniemy proved himself in big games with the pressure on his shoulders. Scott and Speedy haven't.

I love the enthusiasm but no way.

:thumbsup:

Our backups had about as much talent as these guys do. That's no a shot at our current guys. I think that's more of a statement to how good our OL was back then.

Better than Mark Vander Poel, Bill Coleman, Darin Muilenburg, Joe Garten, Jay Leeuenberg? That OL was pretty overwhelming.

You're totally confused with what my point is, nevermind.

The talent is then compared to now is not as close as you think. We had a great OL back then. I think you underestimate that OL.

I'm not comparing them as what they have done, I'm comparing the talent. The talent we have been recruiting the last couple years especially the skill positions and OL, are the type of player Mac recruited that won us a national championship. I think you and valdez are confused with what I am arguing. It's just talent coming in. Yes, I know they still have a lot to prove.

I disagree Unleash... I don't think this is MAC talent Hawk is bringing in... Its nice talent but nowhere near the recruiting classes of 87-92 yet..

I will grant you that we have some players that have potential.. But I can look at a lot of programs in the country and say the same thing..

Easy there, Unleash. That CU team was SPECIAL. Those players were SPECIAL. You may say you aren't comparing these guys to the guys in 1990, but in reality, that's exactly what you're doing.

Also, in 1990, we had better coaching.

The comparison isn't close. Those kids were great. This years line isn't in the same league.

Again, thats not what I'm arguing. I agree with you 100% there. Do remember what Ryan Miller was rated? Bryce Givens? Those types of guys? They were elite recruits. I am saying thr talent and potential is there. The 90 team is night and day better than what he have right now though.

:lol: I'm watching the 1990 MNC game right now. There is no way we are anywhere NEAR that level of talent, All-Americans, Heisman Trophy runner ups, and National award finalists and recipients.

Maybe in a couple of years we can be around the 1988 team or even the 95 and 96 team. But we need to bring in a lot more talent that we actually get to see on the field on Saturdays.

I disagree Unleash... I don't think this is MAC talent Hawk is bringing in... Its nice talent but nowhere near the recruiting classes of 87-92 yet..

I will grant you that we have some players that have potential.. But I can look at a lot of programs in the country and say the same thing..

I know, sometimes I just can't get out what I'm saying. I'm doen in this thread, cause I can't type for **** right now.

Here is my final thought and I'm out

1. THE 1990 team was awesome and loaded with talent. That line was huge and good and loaded with all big 8 and all americans. Garten was a stud as well as Jay!

2. I am not saying we are as good as that line. I am saying we are starting to see the talent that is close to that again. You can't tell me that guys like Ryan Miller, Bryce Givens, Darrell Scott, Marques Simas etc are no where close to some of the guys in 1990 coming into CU. Some of those guys were better than the 1990 guys, but maybe it's because recruiting sites make a bigger deal out of it now I don't know.

I know I'm a confusing person and unless I'm there in person, no one willl truly know what I mean in this thread.

I know, sometimes I just can't get out what I'm saying. I'm doen in this thread, cause I can't type for **** right now.

Here is my final thought and I'm out

1. THE 1990 team was awesome and loaded with talent. That line was huge and good and loaded with all big 8 and all americans. Garten was a stud as well as Jay!

2. I am not saying we are as good as that line. I am saying we are starting to see the talent that is close to that again. You can't tell me that guys like Ryan Miller, Bryce Givens, Darrell Scott, Marques Simas etc are no where close to some of the guys in 1990 coming into CU. Some of those guys were better than the 1990 guys, but maybe it's because recruiting sites make a bigger deal out of it now I don't know.

I know I'm a confusing person and unless I'm there in person, no one willl truly know what I mean in this thread.

rep.. :thumbsup:

I think I get what you are saying, just that you have a bigger impression on the talent we are bringing in than I do.. I agree, we have some potential..

rep.. :thumbsup:

I think I get what you are saying, just that you have a bigger impression on the talent we are bringing in than I do.. I agree, we have some potential..

OK, I can agree with that. We are starting to see some of that talent, but we need a couple of more years of GREAT (not just good) recruiting before we can start sniffing the 90s team.

I can confidently say the current team could beat the 2009 Notre Dame team 10-9.

Unreal, this player misses all of last year and now gets suspended for the first 2 games. When will this dumb **** end? Mcknight the only guy with any experience, that's awesome.

CU does a great job of killing any positive vibes before practice even starts.

Unreal, this player misses all of last year and now gets suspended for the first 2 games. When will this dumb **** end? Mcknight the only guy with any experience, that's awesome.

CU does a great job of killing any positive vibes before practice even starts.
positive vibes? Go watch T3 and Darden catch passes and run routes. I can't wait to see them block. Hell, SIMMONS IS IN MAN. WE are gonna be ok. Still, this hurts.

Back