What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Christ... Simas suspended 2 games...

It is a shame these kids can't get their **** together.

Tough to have consistency as a team when kids keep ****ing up.

I think we have accountability teams on one hand (which is a great idea), and some "boys will be boys" attitude on the other (which is too bad.)

Kids get away with something once or twice and think they are invincible. I admire Hawkins for taking a hard line, as hard as it is on the fans, to stop whatever nonsense is going on early. It ain't easy being surrogate dad to 80+ young buffs.

Always those who are going to push the envelope too far.

positive vibes? Go watch T3 and Darden catch passes and run routes. I can't wait to see them block. Hell, SIMMONS IS IN MAN. WE are gonna be ok. Still, this hurts.

If my telescope here in washington state would reach that far I would watch them :lol: They have yet to play a down of div1 football, I hope they can make some plays along with simmons because as usual,this team can not afford to keep losing KEY starters and players and expect to have winning seasons.

Simas has been the best wr the last 2 seasons and he hasn't played yet. The buffs need him. This game vs csu should have been a confident win, I'm starting to think it will be another close game with CU losing players every other week.

If my telescope here in washington state would reach that far I would watch them :lol: They have yet to play a down of div1 football, I hope they can make some plays along with simmons because as usual,this team can not afford to keep losing KEY starters and players and expect to have winning seasons.

Simas has been the best wr the last 2 seasons and he hasn't played yet. The buffs need him. This game vs csu should have been a confident win, I'm starting to think it will be another close game with CU losing players every other week.
well we have been gaining players too. Hell, WillJeff just signed last week :)

Unreal, this player misses all of last year and now gets suspended for the first 2 games. When will this dumb **** end? Mcknight the only guy with any experience, that's awesome.

CU does a great job of killing any positive vibes before practice even starts.

umm practice did already start:smile2:

Easy there, Unleash. That CU team was SPECIAL. Those players were SPECIAL. You may say you aren't comparing these guys to the guys in 1990, but in reality, that's exactly what you're doing.

Also, in 1990, we had better coaching.

Weren't you one of those guys always bit**in' about what a lousy game day coach Mac was?

Oh wait! That's right, you were too busy sucking up to Tommy Boy at kNU!

The good news on Simas that came out tonight is that the suspension is for an old incident and the he's been doing all the right things for almost a year.

For me, it begs the question of whether, instead, Hawk should have suspended him for the Spring Game with a threat of missing real games if there was another problem? Why risk real games by holding your best WR out for an incident that's almost a year old?

The good news on Simas that came out tonight is that the suspension is for an old incident and the he's been doing all the right things for almost a year.

For me, it begs the question of whether, instead, Hawk should have suspended him for the Spring Game with a threat of missing real games if there was another problem? Why risk real games by holding your best WR out for an incident that's almost a year old?

Where did you hear that this stems from an incident a year ago? Why suspend a guy if he has done everything right for over a year?

Because he needs to be held accountable for his actions. A slap on the wrist sends the wrong message to the rest of the team. Especially when it's a player of Simas's caliber. I applaud Hawkins holding this young man to his word.

Because he needs to be held accountable for his actions. A slap on the wrist sends the wrong message to the rest of the team. Especially when it's a player of Simas's caliber. I applaud Hawkins holding this young man to his word.

Agree. Had to get him back on the field before you can suspend him. I suspect Simas has known this was coming for a while now...:huh:

that.

I agree that he should be held accountable, but it seems petty to me to suspend a guy when he was said to have been doing it the right way for the past year. So you let him tear it up in the spring, talk about how good he is and then suspend him the second day of fall practice?

Just seems strange that's all.....

I agree that he should be held accountable, but it seems petty to me to suspend a guy when he was said to have been doing it the right way for the past year. So you let him tear it up in the spring, talk about how good he is and then suspend him the second day of fall practice?

Just seems strange that's all.....

If they knew about it then it should have been dealt with then. If they knew last fall then they should have told him he'd be suspended when he does become eligible. For all we know that is what they did, however, they may not have gone public with it right now because in the off season it would have made the program look bad.

I don't want the team to get a "do it now, ask for forgiveness later" mentality. Him being good over the past year just shows everyone that transgressions against the team never go unpunished. He is still allowed to practice, but being on the sidelines will send a clear and strong message to everyone that the team always comes first.

Weren't you one of those guys always bit**in' about what a lousy game day coach Mac was?

Thanks for chiming again, Sissy, but as usual you're wrong. Mac was a great gameday coach, and a true legend.

You're obsessed with me. It's semi-flattering, but 100% weird. Get over me, please.

If they knew about it then it should have been dealt with then. If they knew last fall then they should have told him he'd be suspended when he does become eligible. For all we know that is what they did, however, they may not have gone public with it right now because in the off season it would have made the program look bad.

I don't want the team to get a "do it now, ask for forgiveness later" mentality. Him being good over the past year just shows everyone that transgressions against the team never go unpunished. He is still allowed to practice, but being on the sidelines will send a clear and strong message to everyone that the team always comes first.

Good post. I would add that our coaches should be held by the same standard. Another losing season and they should be punished for 4 years of trangressions. :smile2:

If I could venture a guess (sorry if it's already been ventured) Hawk dealt with Simas' undisclosed incident last year by saying that the consequences for his actions would be dependent on his actions during the remainder of the off-season. It was probably a two-game minimum for perfect behavior/good grades.

Makes sense, if you want to improve behavior. It's not a suspended sentence so much as a suspended sanction.

footballjesus.gif

Back