What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Christia" Powell

Jayne Cobb

One Damn Dirty Ape
Club Member
Yes, you read that correctly. And, no, it is not intended to insult our running back.

During home games, they constantly put up game stats for the leading rusher, passer, receiver, etc. Since Powell is usually our leading rusher, they put up his stats. And every time. Every time. Yes, every time for the past two years they have mis-spelled is name as "Christia Powell." I will say it again--every freaking time. I have sent emails to them about it. I have tweeted. No response, nothing. i, for one, find this extremely annoying.

I suppose that it is possible that the software running the scoreboard will only accomidate an up to 8 letters for a first name, but that would imply an almost nonsensically stupid software engineer, as the last names can certainly accommodate more than 8 letters, and they are displayed on the same screen, so there is more than enough physical room for first names of 9 letters or more. I wonder if they would put up the name "Sebastia", "Chritoba", Francisc, Frederic, etc. etc. Even if they are somehow limited to 8 letters for a first name, why not just go with "C. Powell" instead of mis-spelling the first name?

I know that this is a very minor issue, but if an internet forum is not a place to rant about minor issues, where is?

Yes, you read that correctly. And, no, it is not intended to insult our running back.

During home games, they constantly put up game stats for the leading rusher, passer, receiver, etc. Since Powell is usually our leading rusher, they put up his stats. And every time. Every time. Yes, every time for the past two years they have mis-spelled is name as "Christia Powell." I will say it again--every freaking time. I have sent emails to them about it. I have tweeted. No response, nothing. i, for one, find this extremely annoying.

I suppose that it is possible that the software running the scoreboard will only accomidate an up to 8 letters for a first name, but that would imply an almost nonsensically stupid software engineer, as the last names can certainly accommodate more than 8 letters, and they are displayed on the same screen, so there is more than enough physical room for first names of 9 letters or more. I wonder if they would put up the name "Sebastia", "Chritoba", Francisc, Frederic, etc. etc. Even if they are somehow limited to 8 letters for a first name, why not just go with "C. Powell" instead of mis-spelling the first name?

I know that this is a very minor issue, but if an internet forum is not a place to rant about minor issues, where is?

i think that guy got a job with the government about two or so years ago. Worked on some real complicated system, don't think that turned out well either.

I don't typically read any of the DP's articles about the Buffs but I got suckered into a Kiszla column where he called Nelson Spruce, Nelson Bruce.? They must have a great editing staff over there.

Back